Back to Business Analytics for Decision Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Analytics for Decision Making by University of Colorado Boulder

In this course you will learn how to create models for decision making. We will start with cluster analysis, a technique for data reduction that is very useful in market segmentation. You will then learn the basics of Monte Carlo simulation that will help you model the uncertainty that is prevalent in many business decisions. A key element of decision making is to identify the best course of action. Since businesses problems often have too many alternative solutions, you will learn how optimization can help you identify the best option. What is really exciting about this course is that you won’t need to know a computer language or advanced statistics to learn about these predictive and prescriptive analytic models. The Analytic Solver Platform and basic knowledge of Excel is all you’ll need. Learners participating in assignments will be able to get free access to the Analytic Solver Platform....

I would like to recommend this course to the business analyst aspirants. It is really intriguing and helps to develop analytical skills. The examples and assignments are perfect to train a beginner.

PA

Aug 12, 2020

I think this is a practical and insightful course for understanding what business analysis is and how models apply in realily by providing useful and familiar examples. Highly recommend this course

51 - 75 of 322 Reviews for Business Analytics for Decision Making

By Caitlin L

Jul 14, 2020

A really great course to learn analytical strategies using excel, as well as an introduction and overview of basic concepts of business analytics!

By Andrés A P T

Aug 31, 2020

Excellent!! The information in this course is really clear and we can learn step by step without big problems. Good job Professor Laguna.

By Rodrigo A C

Jun 06, 2020

One of the best courses I've ever had. Good insights and good light to trail the path of analytics. Professor has a good speech. Greatful

By Rainier G T

Aug 15, 2020

The best course, so far, for the specialization. It tackles simulation and optimization that considers probabilities and uncertainties.

By MANAS D

Aug 15, 2020

Its a good course helps to understand how to use the ASP tool and Data analytics to find the best optimal solution for a given problem.

By Kaumil A

Jul 27, 2020

Exceptionally well-designed course. Minutely mentioned every detail and approach required in real-life cases. So glad to be part of it!

By Vaibhav J

Apr 23, 2020

The Course was very Good and sir was also very definitive in teaching us properly so that we understand what he is teaching. Thank you

By Mohit R

Jul 23, 2020

A very nice course for people interested in data analytics and specially using excel for data analytics and taking business decisions

By Myat T S

Jul 07, 2020

The course uses real-world examples to illustrate the different methods in data analytics and is taught by knowledgeable instructor.

By Bruno C C

Jul 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it gave me the basic knowledge to implement some more sophisticated analyses in my day to day job

By Hemanth k V

Apr 05, 2020

An excellent course with proficient level of lectures by the instructor crucial enough material with optimum pratical components.

By Jose D

Sep 06, 2020

The curse of Business Analytics for Decision Making and the explanations provided by Manuel, offers great and useful knowledge

By Annapoorna H N

Jul 22, 2020

best platform to enrich our skills,and i am happy that i have learnt something about decision making in this course thank you.

By YALAGANDULA S C

May 02, 2020

I liked the way professor organized the course. Concept and example were clearly illustrated.

This is helpful to one and all

By Dahao S

Aug 13, 2020

It is very useful course. We can learn different optimization problem by practicing some samples during te course.

By Antony V V G

I have been thinking to join a good course on Business Analytics. It was indeed easy and understandable. Thanks

By jeyalakshmi

May 15, 2020

Eexcellent explanation given by Professor. Examples quoted and hands on provide more insight into the subject

By Maria F G M

May 09, 2020

I really liked the course. Manuel is very clear and uses good examples for understanding the concepts better.

By Freddy R P

Sep 07, 2020

This is a very good course. I just wonder about one or two quiz question which answers I found not correct.

By Sameer M

May 23, 2020

This course is very helpful to enhance our knowledge. Teaching style and the way of teaching is phenominal.

By Dr. V C

May 22, 2020

All sessions are very good and easy to understand. Can you please send all presentations slips on my email

By SREYA K P

Aug 31, 2020

this course help me to improve my knowledge .i am really thankful to the faculty that you have provided.

By Jyothi M

May 01, 2020

Excellent real time examples!!

Application doesn't require any specia software- MS Excel is sufficient!

By Parul

Jul 25, 2020

This was a great course to learn about and I'm sure it is going to help me a lot in the near future.

By Md K J F

May 13, 2020

It was a great course, I learn many thinks. Instructor was ver good. Thanks coursera and instructor.