Back to Business Analytics for Decision Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Analytics for Decision Making by University of Colorado Boulder

In this course you will learn how to create models for decision making. We will start with cluster analysis, a technique for data reduction that is very useful in market segmentation. You will then learn the basics of Monte Carlo simulation that will help you model the uncertainty that is prevalent in many business decisions. A key element of decision making is to identify the best course of action. Since businesses problems often have too many alternative solutions, you will learn how optimization can help you identify the best option. What is really exciting about this course is that you won’t need to know a computer language or advanced statistics to learn about these predictive and prescriptive analytic models. The Analytic Solver Platform and basic knowledge of Excel is all you’ll need. Learners participating in assignments will be able to get free access to the Analytic Solver Platform....

PA

Aug 12, 2020

I think this is a practical and insightful course for understanding what business analysis is and how models apply in realily by providing useful and familiar examples. Highly recommend this course

26 - 50 of 345 Reviews for Business Analytics for Decision Making

By N R M

Jun 18, 2020

Decision making is a difficult process, both in professional and personal fronts, especially in complex cases with many decision variables, constraints, objective functions and risks. Lot many tools are available now a days to solve complex problems. However the knowledge of how to model the problem and what method to be used is very critical in arriving at the right solutions. This course provides an excellent understanding of the basics for the same, and would recommend to managerial & engineering professionals and career aspirants in analytics.

By Michael L O

Nov 24, 2016

Good introduction to the Analytic Solver Platform for Excel used for various prediction and prescriptive modeling. Could use better integration of slides and transcripts but that is a personal preference since I like my notes to read more like a textbook rather than spread across a simple text file, a video, a sparse PowerPoint deck, and some Excel workbooks. Too disjointed for easy review in my mind.

By Dr. G N M

Aug 18, 2020

I would like to recommend this course to the business analyst aspirants. It is really intriguing and helps to develop analytical skills. The examples and assignments are perfect to train a beginner. I think this is a practical and insightful course for understanding what business analysis is and how models apply in reality by providing useful and familiar examples. Highly recommend this course

By Nguyen T T H

Oct 07, 2020

This course is very helpful and highly recommended for a beginner to have an understanding of analyzing the business problem and how to build a model to solve such a problem. It also introduces an analytic platform via Excel Solver (Basic) and Analytic Solver (which is able to have a free trial via a link in the lecture). The examples are practical, well structured, and easy to follow.

By Jianguang W

Aug 10, 2020

This is a great course. Before this course, when I make a decision, I just considered the expectation value. But after this course, I found that when considering the distribution of the variables, the expectation values cannot present the risk when making a decision. Thanks for this course, I get to know the ASPE to make simulation and optimizations.

By Pradeep I

Nov 10, 2019

This is a very comprehensive course. Manuel L, is very clear and covered number of useful business scenarios to depict the power of true analytics. The 'Analytic Solver Platform' is super Add-In , but I have my reservations on its limits over using it in this course. By the way it is a great course which definitely expanded my horizons.

By Mohamad T F

Sep 27, 2020

Great! This course is very insightful. The course helps me to deep dive into not only predictive analytics but also into more prescriptive analytics for problem analysis and decision recommendation in my career. Through this course, for the first time, I eventually got a point on how the PCA works! Thanks.

By Alvaro L

Apr 08, 2020

Excellent content and explanations, and the effort put in creating relevant for real life business situations is noticeable. However, the annoying thing is that the version of the Analytic Solver provided is not the same than the one used by the instructor (it has a limit of 2500 trials for simulations).

By Srishti K

Sep 30, 2020

Very well structured course. Very well explained with the help of real life business problem examples. Very well illustrated in excel. The professor has taught some very crucial terms and methodologies required in analytics field, with thorough practical application. Thanks a lot for this course.

By Shafi K

Feb 01, 2018

Very well presented and excellent content is provided.

The professor explains materials in great details and provides great examples.

I really enjoyed his lectures and comments.

I wish he would have introduced some books for extra activities to master details in this course.

Great job and many thanks

By Viktoriia D

Mar 16, 2020

I understand, on a high level, which approaches I can use in data analysis for decision making. The best for me is the simulation. I like to see a result when I changed value for some dimensions. Only one comment, without special knowledge, it could be complicated to understand everything.

By Michael K

Oct 13, 2020

Very insightful course, deep in knowledge and application. Will try to apply in future work context of merging business analytics with financial management and service & solution marketing. Appreciate the University & Coursera for crafting this brilliant service.

By Devaprabha c

Jul 25, 2020

Business analytics for decision making is good course that I learn.learn about cluster analysis, optimization -core technique and master of business analytics,model uncertainty.thank you for coursera community to introduce this course.

By W. S N I

Jul 14, 2020

The course was overall good and it taught me analytical solver platforms and the uses of them, with some examples which are understandable. The lecturer was great. Helped me to learn another area regarding my professional targets.

By Vikrant P

Sep 03, 2020

A very good and relevant course taught by instructor Manuel Laguna for people who are willing to learn Business analytics. Solving a real-world problem helps relate and apply your course knowledge which is an added advantage.

By Yodchanon N

Jun 30, 2020

Highly recommended. Thank you Mr. Manuel Laguna for this useful course. This course gave me knowledge and practice with rich detail. The lecturer did his best in teaching, illustrating and visualising, very clearly.

By Pedro M A B

Jul 28, 2020

This course is really great. But it could be added one week to explain how to apply monte carlos simulation in other softwares (free softwares). However the course was great and the professor teaching really well.

By Sreedhar R

May 22, 2017

Course was good, it was added as a pilot course from our organization for introducing /sharpening skills on data analytics. the course did justice to that. and was a good primer and provided a good understanding.

By Ruslan K

Sep 02, 2020

Fantastic Course! I could see many examples where I can apply what I learned from this course in my work and entrepreneurship. The Cluster Analysis and Optimization Models in Solver were particularly useful.

By Sanket

By PHAM N P A

Aug 12, 2020

By Sumbul K

Sep 09, 2020

Learnt how to use the analytic business solver in Excel and apply it to business problems. Learnt other models too along with practical implementations to real world problems. Thank you!

By María G R Z

Aug 24, 2020

Da una visión para saber como hacer los modelos y cómo interpretar los resultados. Muy recomendado para los que quieren adentrarse al mundo del análisis de datos para los negocios

By Gayatri A D

Jun 28, 2020

Through this course now i m able to to understand difference in all aspects, when to use which model ,how to perform simulation and optimization using Analytic Solver Platform.

By Federico J D F

Oct 15, 2020

Great course. It could have been better if the files for the videos were available at the bottom of it. I was never able to found the excel files to follow the ASP live.