Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

SD

Jan 31, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

DM

Jun 17, 2017

I found this to be extremely informative along with being interesting. Children are our future and must be cared for at all costs while maintaining their rights. Thank you for this course.

26 - 50 of 193 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Anastasia K D A

Sep 13, 2019

Thankyou for the knowledge, it's really important to comprehend about children's rights because they are our future hope for better world. Giving them the best may leads them to develop them selves to be the best generations.

By JANNATUL M

Apr 28, 2019

It was really helpful to enrich my knowledge. Now i can share these information to all who are very close to me. Even i can help the children with these valuable information. I want to do more online courses like this.

By Maria C N M

Mar 01, 2018

For me, all our professors had imparted to us a Significant Human Experience they had taught from Week 1 to Week 7. I have learned to value and protect CHILDREN'S HUMAN RIGHTS.

By Cristian V R

Nov 02, 2017

Un gran curso disponible para todos aquellos que deseen iniciarse en el conocimiento de los derechos de los niños, y como base para un estudio más profundo. Curso claro, didáctico y absolutamente recomendable.

By Angela M I

Jun 14, 2019

Though it is difficult to understand the instructors, the course is very informative. I have learned things i wish i knew a long time ago and i'm thankful for the instructors and glad i took the course.

By Miguel Á A R

Jul 07, 2018

Its an excellent course, I've learned a lot with it, and the teachers were incredible and also have a lot of invaluable knowledge to share. I feel grateful with them. Keep on Teachers!

By Twaambo S M

Jul 22, 2019

Great course. I give it 5 stars. I can say with certainty that my knowledge regarding children's rights has been enhanced and I can't wait to put into practice what I have learnt.

By Andreea

Feb 17, 2019

A very interesting course, I learned a lot. Very helpful information. The quiz are quite difficult, you have to pay attention on every detail. Well done! Many thanks to everyone!

By Ahmed M E

Mar 28, 2018

One of the crucial courses for child rights. I have benefited a lot from the course as it gave me the philosophical background of policies and Act develop to serve children.

By Ana M F d C

Jun 06, 2019

Wonderful lectures, reading materials and videos. Challenging questions, very well thought out. I enjoyed this course and will look into other courses from this University.

By vivian G

Mar 05, 2018

Es un curso excelente para afianzar tanto aspectos legales de derecho humanitario en específico de los niños , como también, terminología legal en el idioma Inglés.

By Karimov A M

May 08, 2017

It was great pleasure to listen the lectures of great personalities. Really it's perfectly course what I ever have seen. Thank you! . I recommend that for all.

By JOHN E V A

Jun 05, 2018

ME GUSTÓ MUCHO EL CURSO DE DERECHOS HUMANOS DE LOS NIÑOS, ES MUY CLARO Y COMPLETO, ESPERO ME SIRVA EN COLOMBIA PARA LA APLICACIÓN DE LOS DERECHOS DE LOS NIÑOS

By Chelsea

Mar 24, 2017

I thought it was enjoyable but the quality of some videos was not that great. But the topic and well researched topics were wonderful and made up for it

By Ihor K

Jun 19, 2017

This course is very comprehensive and inspiring. Many professionals involved in it, so you can understand its interdisciplinary character in full.

By Beth S K

Oct 02, 2019

The first time doing an online course. This was interesting and the best course I have ever done. Thank you so much for giving me this chance.

By Denitsa M

Apr 29, 2018

Covering very prevalent topics on the field of child protection. Not time consuming at all. Very well structured with many practical examples.

By Silvia A D

Jan 27, 2018

Un curso muy interesante, especialmente por abarcar muchos temas, y por la variedad y alto nivel de sus ponentes. Me resultó muy enriquecedor

By Fadime B

Jan 07, 2018

I learned very useful information on this course as a teacher. Everyone who working with children must know about children human rights.

By I K A

Sep 02, 2019

Very informative.......i enjoyed getting insights on some important issues concerning children.....am excited about the accomplishment.

By SITU S

Jun 29, 2019

I find it very helpful to understand the children psychology. and many other things that will help you to get the children's feelings.

By VOLIA F

Dec 31, 2017

This course was very interesting. I recommand it to all of you. Everybody should to know that Children have rights like adults people.

By Marcela V

Jul 02, 2019

Excellent course, I loved every section, clearly explained. I actually consulted other sources just to learn more about each topic.

By Indrė K

Oct 05, 2017

Very useful basic background for people interested in Children's Rights opening the way to deepen the knowledge in this area

By Ndabula C C

Jul 20, 2019

Wow! I love this course. It was broken down for easy understanding and encompasses almost every aspect of children's rights