Back to Copyright Law in the Music Business

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Copyright Law in the Music Business by Berklee College of Music

In this course taught by E. Michael Harrington, students will learn the basis for copyright including what is and is not covered by copyright law. This course will help clarify what rights artists have as creators as well as what the public is free to take from their work. Students will also learn what to do if someone copies their work and what to do if they are accused of copying someone else. Finally, the course will discuss how technology has changed copyright for the better (and worse) and how copyright laws may change in the coming years....

VL
Apr 12, 2020

Thank you the opportunity. I want to thank the Coursera team and Michael for making it easier to get an in-depth understanding of the Copyright Law in Music Business. This will be very helpful.

H
Mar 13, 2021

This course I highly rated and I would suggest anyone in the music business or copyright scholar should take it. This was also the best presenter of a course I have ever seen.

26 - 50 of 121 Reviews for Copyright Law in the Music Business

By Shawn R

Jul 20, 2020

Concise information with in-depth examination of case studies. I feel like I learned exactly what I needed in this course - perfectly adequate with no unnecessary fluff.

By Janet E

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent introductory course. Mr. Harrington answered many questions I have about copyright. His videos are entertaining, and include real-world situations. Thanks!

By Monica W

The instructor was very easy and pleasant to listen too. He was also extremely knowledgeable about the subject matter. Every session flowed very smoothly. Thank you.

By Daniele C

May 11, 2019

I loved this course!

Very informative on the Music Business.

Also learned a lot of good information about Copyright & Trademarks which I know will be helpful.

By Brandie D

Sep 15, 2020

This is a great beginner course into copyright law for music business. I am curious to see what the next course or level would include and expand into.

By Gellért M

Jun 21, 2020

Very interesting course! It is easy to follow. You will learn useful things, with many examples. The instructor seems to be a very nice person.

By Rufina P

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent professor who has actual and current experience in the field as an expert in court cases involving music copyright violations.

By Lavínia B

Aug 28, 2020

I really enjoyed the theme of the course, everything was very well explained and I just loved the case studies! It's totally worth it!

By Mohammad K H

Jun 10, 2020

I love the course. I learned many things from it. It has different issues and interesting case study that helps better understanding.

By LUCAS P F

Aug 24, 2019

An amazing dive in the Copyright System and how it resolved problems in the music industry during the years. Thanks for that Berklee!

By Jenny P M A

Oct 30, 2020

Buenas tardes

Mi nombre es JENNY MORENO A y este curso me pareció EXCELENTE muy completo y entendible

Muchas Gracias

JENNY MORENO A

By Alli C

Oct 22, 2019

Very much appreciated the opportunity to analyze real copyright cases and experience copyright material at a whole new depth.

By Laura I

Mar 26, 2020

Great content that helped me understand basic copyright law and I feel much more confident about my copyright knowledge.

By Sanobar K

Apr 26, 2020

I loved the course E.Michael Harrington is awesome. He explains very well. Especially, I like that he has practice.

By Kwamena H

Apr 20, 2021

An amazing journey. It is very surprising how taking this course has changed my world view of the music industry.

By Nomita R

Jul 23, 2020

The way in which this course is taught is really easy to understand and fun. I would surely recommend doing it!

By Prabhpreet S

It is an interesting an fun course for a short span of time to gain intermediate knowledge on Copyright laws.

By Ahluwalia j

Sep 6, 2020

it was interesting at same time annoying at some point with the copyright in case of blurred lines lawsuit.

By Sarah B

Aug 23, 2020

Awesome teacher, very brief but informative and very eloquent way! loved it! finished the class in a day 😂

By Lucas S d S S

Oct 21, 2020

Com certeza agregou muito conhecimento, e despertou a vontade de se aprofundar mais nessa área do direito.

By Adel

May 9, 2020

It is realy useful and gives a lot of important information with good cases to analyse. Thank you a lot!

By Jonovan T C

Feb 18, 2020

I learned a lot about copyright and reviewed some very interesting cases with their interesting results.

By Josue P

Jan 18, 2020

This course blew my mind! Definitely a game-changer. Totally recommended to anyone who creates music.

By Sai A M

Aug 20, 2020

It is very helpful as i am now studying the copyright law in this year and it will help in my future

By Projit D

Aug 13, 2020

Prof. Harrington is amazing! Always a privilege to learn from a highly experienced person like him.