Back to Business English for Cross-cultural Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business English for Cross-cultural Communication by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course aims to prepare you for working in an cross-cultural Business setting. We'll learn about common cross-cultural theories and how they are relevant to everyday business practices in a globalised world. By combining all of your vocabulary, reading, speaking, and writing skills that you acquired in the previous three courses, you will learn how language plays an important role in cross-cultural communication. You will also enhance your cross-cultural understanding and will be able to use vocabulary, tone and style, and spoken and written communication skills within a cross-cultural Business context. Skills learned in this course help prepare you to deliver the professional business presentation in the Capstone project. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify possible cross-cultural issues and misunderstandings in communication - apply strategies to overcome possible cross-cultural issues and misunderstandings in communication - produce documents with an appropriate style for business communication purposes within a cross-cultural situation - deliver a speech with an appropriate style for business communication purposes within a cross-cultural situation...

RY

Oct 17, 2020

Learning here is an nice experience .They have focused on the proper syllabus ,very well designed course .Must try it ,if want to improve your communication skills.

GB

Dec 28, 2020

It was an excellent and very helpful course for me. I`ve learned a lot about other business cultural communication, negotiation style, meeting and greeting.

76 - 98 of 98 Reviews for Business English for Cross-cultural Communication

Nov 8, 2020

Nice

By MORANKAR D A

Feb 11, 2020

Good

By Mihir J

Jan 23, 2020

nice

By Dijul D

Dec 1, 2019

good

By SANJIV K Y

Dec 17, 2020

5/5

By Priyankar C

Jan 25, 2021

G

By Sanika K

Apr 20, 2020

By Nevena A

I particularly liked the topics about cross-cultural communication and from my point of view the focus of the course is on that, so the title could be "Cross-cultural communication in a business setting" or something along those lines, as the focus was not on the English language. I would be very glad to participate in a similar course done by these instructors. In my opinion there were too many peer-graded assignments.

By Valentina C

Sep 26, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it is very interesting for who studies English as a second language, but I suggest to fix some issues with tests, it is difficult to pass the last ones because there are a lot of bugs that doesn't let you choose the right answer.

By Jesús A S G

Oct 31, 2020

It is a little exhausting doing the capstone but I will try it. The course helps to understand some possible scenarios we will face in a negotiation.

By deepshikha

May 12, 2020

the video lessons could be more explicit and elaborate.

By Pryas G

Nov 8, 2020

the course is good for upgrading technical skills

By Mustakhusen M

Jun 15, 2021

peer reviews was a pain

By YDS

Apr 26, 2020

Good

By Mudit T

Jan 7, 2020

By Polina V

Dec 29, 2020

SOS SOS SOS

Hello

I am really frustrated cause instead of paying just 44euro I was charged EVERY MONTH 44euro during 7!!! months for the the same course. I want my money back please as ap. Please help me get my money back cause THIS YEAR I have no job due to covid pandemia ....

Sincere regards