Back to Data Collection and Processing with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Collection and Processing with Python by University of Michigan

This course teaches you to fetch and process data from services on the Internet. It covers Python list comprehensions and provides opportunities to practice extracting from and processing deeply nested data. You'll also learn how to use the Python requests module to interact with REST APIs and what to look for in documentation of those APIs. For the final project, you will construct a “tag recommender” for the flickr photo sharing site. The course is well-suited for you if you have already taken the "Python Basics" and "Python Functions, Files, and Dictionaries" courses (courses 1 and 2 of the Python 3 Programming Specialization). If you are already familiar with Python fundamentals but want practice at retrieving and processing complex nested data from Internet services, you can also benefit from this course without taking the previous two. This is the third of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

A
Jul 9, 2020

Very interesting and fine course, in this course I learn how to solve Nested data and new a new thing i.e REST API which seems best in course 3 now I am excited about course 4. Thanking you Michigan

CM
Oct 9, 2019

This was a really excellent course. The functional project at the end helped me understand how recommendation systems work and now I'm very excited to try to build a similar system for books I love.

76 - 100 of 499 Reviews for Data Collection and Processing with Python

By Tim B

Jul 29, 2019

This course was challenging and I like how the book guides you step by step. The daily review questions that the text book provides helps you remember what you have learned.

By henloy A

Feb 21, 2019

Great course and instructors, ample time and resources to practice, the graded tests are challenging and require good understanding of the course material which I appreciate

By Patrick L

Sep 20, 2020

Excellently designed and taught course. I appreciate it very much when educators incorporate the psychology of learning into how they teach. I got a lot out of the course.

By Xiaojin W

Mar 10, 2020

This course is really great. The content is extremely helpful for me to review Python knowledge and learn some new stuffs, and the final assignment is pretty interesting.

By Saravanan M

Aug 1, 2019

I personally felt the course project was interesting and a little bit challenging too. And also thank you Professors for helping me understand the concepts very well.

By Aftab A

Sep 22, 2020

Awesome course, the content was up to date. The teacher explanation is pretty clear for deep information you maybe need to google it, but overall it's a good course.

By Voon S L

Sep 19, 2019

There's a steep jump in difficulty on the last course work. The most difficult part being there's less of the codelens to help with debugging and decoding the error.

By Ravi T S

Dec 20, 2019

Excellent final project which helps you recall all the concepts. BeautifulSoup and Urllib should have been covered here as well then it would have been complete.

By Gaurav S

Nov 18, 2020

Excellent class with great teachers who explain concepts and then walk through examples to drive it home. The exercises are well thought out and make you think.

By samuel c j

Jul 26, 2020

It’s a valuable, interesting, and interactive course for learning the basics of list comprehension and nested iteration and requesting data from APIs. Worth it.

By Ajit P

Jan 5, 2020

This is an excellent basic course on data collection and processing. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in developing skill in Python.

By Elhammoumi Y

Feb 26, 2020

It was a good experience. Learn Data Collection with python helped me to learn more about python, and that will be a plus in my career and in my next projects.

By Jinesh S

Jul 12, 2020

sure the difficulty kicked up a notch from the last two courses but with little persuasion, one can be guaranteed to complete the course with flying colors!!!

By Nipun S

Sep 25, 2020

The course was wonderful but I have a little problem with the APIs and the function 'requests_with_caching' that is only available in the Runestone textbook.

By G.A.Tan

A great course! the biggest take away for me in this program is that it has helped to 'unlock' the mystery of how to use API to access website info. :-)

By Venkatesh P

Jan 24, 2021

I learnt lot of new stuff through this course. Highly recommended for learners who are already good with the basic level Python and trying to step up.

By Mursaleen A

Jan 17, 2020

This was a great course. In which I learned how to extract and process Internet API's data by easy approach. I plan to make online dictionary system.

By Willson K T L

Feb 16, 2020

Sincerely thanks for the long-haul teaching. This course is a bit tough compared with the Basics.

However, a bit shallow than the Functions and Files

By Sara T

Jul 23, 2020

I hope there was more practicing for the APi

Thanks for everything, I will show up in more python courses by Michigan if there are any new courses

By Daniel P R d C

Oct 23, 2020

Nossa! Esse curso é fantástico! Excelente projeto de conclusão com iteração com dados externos, REST APIs, funções e coleções de dados aninhados

By Paul M

Jun 5, 2020

I enjoyed this class and learned a lot. I truly enjoyed the final project; it was a bit challenging, and produced an interesting piece of code.

By Dieter K

Apr 15, 2020

Great class. I have taken quite a few classes on Python subjects over the past couple of months, this was certainly among the very best!

By Motti S

Aug 1, 2019

A truly excellent course for learning APIs. Here we learned how to access real websites and process the data received. Highly practical.

By vijaiya p

I am so happy that I was able to pass this course. The challenges with APIs are awesome. :) Cant wait to test my python skills at work.

By Daniel H

Jan 28, 2019

Great course, with so many interactive exercises it really help to clear some confusion and make abstract concept easier to understand,