Back to Data Collection and Processing with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Collection and Processing with Python by University of Michigan

This course teaches you to fetch and process data from services on the Internet. It covers Python list comprehensions and provides opportunities to practice extracting from and processing deeply nested data. You'll also learn how to use the Python requests module to interact with REST APIs and what to look for in documentation of those APIs. For the final project, you will construct a “tag recommender” for the flickr photo sharing site. The course is well-suited for you if you have already taken the "Python Basics" and "Python Functions, Files, and Dictionaries" courses (courses 1 and 2 of the Python 3 Programming Specialization). If you are already familiar with Python fundamentals but want practice at retrieving and processing complex nested data from Internet services, you can also benefit from this course without taking the previous two. This is the third of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

CM
Oct 9, 2019

This was a really excellent course. The functional project at the end helped me understand how recommendation systems work and now I'm very excited to try to build a similar system for books I love.

A
Jul 9, 2020

Very interesting and fine course, in this course I learn how to solve Nested data and new a new thing i.e REST API which seems best in course 3 now I am excited about course 4. Thanking you Michigan

76 - 100 of 539 Reviews for Data Collection and Processing with Python

By Ho W J

Jan 26, 2020

Another solid course in python programming specialization. After taking this course, you will be able to call data from API and manipulate nasty and unorganized set of dictionary and lists.

By Abhay R

Jan 25, 2020

Excellent coursework and exercises to learn, especially for beginners -

Really liked the presentation and constant support - seems like they know how people think while learning python :)

By Elanjelian V

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, and found myself often looking forward to Prof. Resnick's jokes. I also came to see the beauty and simplicity of Python. Great course. Great language.

By Jorge A

Feb 27, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed using the Runestone tool to immediately test my knowledge after presenting new concepts, and especially when completing the exercises at the end of each chapter.

By Raza K

Sep 18, 2020

This course gives good introduction for working with basic built in data structure (list,dictionary and their nested structures ) and introductory knowledge to work with REST api's.

By Luis A Z C

Apr 21, 2021

This course is very fun and instructive. Now I know how to manipulate data from file and API's services. I feel happy for having learnt something so useful to the real world jobs.

By Steven S

Jun 7, 2020

Excellent. I learned a lot of useful information. The videos are good, and the final project put it all together ad a challenging exercise. Worth the time spend, that is for sure.

By Ondřej H

Feb 14, 2020

Once more very useful lessons. Be careful on the final project though, it is more prone to errors (even ones you might not be responsible for) than anything else up to this point.

By SIDDHI R K

Sep 22, 2020

The material for the course is well-designed having multiple practice questions to get hands-on. The instructor has explained each and every part of the course with an example.

By Joshua S

May 21, 2019

Having 0 experience with .json files or API's I was nervous at the beginning, however, the course puts everything in perspective and gives great examples to grasp the concepts.

By Timothy B

Jul 29, 2019

This course was challenging and I like how the book guides you step by step. The daily review questions that the text book provides helps you remember what you have learned.

By henloy A

Feb 21, 2019

Great course and instructors, ample time and resources to practice, the graded tests are challenging and require good understanding of the course material which I appreciate

By Patrick L

Sep 20, 2020

Excellently designed and taught course. I appreciate it very much when educators incorporate the psychology of learning into how they teach. I got a lot out of the course.

By 晴空

Feb 27, 2021

The interactive Runestone tool is especially important in my learning. For some difficult chapters, I learned both the video and the material on the tool. Indeed helpful.

By Xiaojin W

Mar 10, 2020

This course is really great. The content is extremely helpful for me to review Python knowledge and learn some new stuffs, and the final assignment is pretty interesting.

By Saravanan M

Aug 1, 2019

I personally felt the course project was interesting and a little bit challenging too. And also thank you Professors for helping me understand the concepts very well.

By Aftab A

Sep 22, 2020

Awesome course, the content was up to date. The teacher explanation is pretty clear for deep information you maybe need to google it, but overall it's a good course.

By Voon S L

Sep 19, 2019

There's a steep jump in difficulty on the last course work. The most difficult part being there's less of the codelens to help with debugging and decoding the error.

By Ravi T S

Dec 20, 2019

Excellent final project which helps you recall all the concepts. BeautifulSoup and Urllib should have been covered here as well then it would have been complete.

By Gaurav S

Nov 18, 2020

Excellent class with great teachers who explain concepts and then walk through examples to drive it home. The exercises are well thought out and make you think.

By samuel c j

Jul 26, 2020

It’s a valuable, interesting, and interactive course for learning the basics of list comprehension and nested iteration and requesting data from APIs. Worth it.

By Ajit P

Jan 5, 2020

This is an excellent basic course on data collection and processing. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in developing skill in Python.

By Elhammoumi Y

Feb 26, 2020

It was a good experience. Learn Data Collection with python helped me to learn more about python, and that will be a plus in my career and in my next projects.

By Jinesh S

Jul 12, 2020

sure the difficulty kicked up a notch from the last two courses but with little persuasion, one can be guaranteed to complete the course with flying colors!!!

By Nipun S

Sep 25, 2020

The course was wonderful but I have a little problem with the APIs and the function 'requests_with_caching' that is only available in the Runestone textbook.