Back to Data Collection and Processing with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Collection and Processing with Python by University of Michigan

This course teaches you to fetch and process data from services on the Internet. It covers Python list comprehensions and provides opportunities to practice extracting from and processing deeply nested data. You'll also learn how to use the Python requests module to interact with REST APIs and what to look for in documentation of those APIs. For the final project, you will construct a “tag recommender” for the flickr photo sharing site. The course is well-suited for you if you have already taken the "Python Basics" and "Python Functions, Files, and Dictionaries" courses (courses 1 and 2 of the Python 3 Programming Specialization). If you are already familiar with Python fundamentals but want practice at retrieving and processing complex nested data from Internet services, you can also benefit from this course without taking the previous two. This is the third of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

CM
Oct 9, 2019

This was a really excellent course. The functional project at the end helped me understand how recommendation systems work and now I'm very excited to try to build a similar system for books I love.

A
Jul 9, 2020

Very interesting and fine course, in this course I learn how to solve Nested data and new a new thing i.e REST API which seems best in course 3 now I am excited about course 4. Thanking you Michigan

101 - 125 of 504 Reviews for Data Collection and Processing with Python

By Motti S

Aug 1, 2019

A truly excellent course for learning APIs. Here we learned how to access real websites and process the data received. Highly practical.

By vijaiya p

I am so happy that I was able to pass this course. The challenges with APIs are awesome. :) Cant wait to test my python skills at work.

By Daniel H

Jan 28, 2019

Great course, with so many interactive exercises it really help to clear some confusion and make abstract concept easier to understand,

By Jozef M

Nov 25, 2019

I am happy to be student in this course.

This course is for me harder because i had flu.

So i skipped one Question in daily questions.

By Rahul S

Aug 30, 2019

Like all the other modules of the course, the assignment is the real challenge and that has made me believe that I am learning!

By Arkaan S

Oct 5, 2019

The final project was a bit obscure and there could have been more examples to give a better approach on the final project.

By ahmet y

Dec 12, 2020

This was an excellent course. I cant express how i gratefull for this course. I learned so much. Thanks for your effort.

By Gabriel R

Oct 7, 2019

Excellent course!, I really learned a lot and at the end I was really impressed about the amount of code I was writing!

By Greg C

Sep 6, 2019

This course increases in difficulty over the first two in the Python 3 Specialization, but covers some great material.

By Waleed S M A

Jul 8, 2020

Really great. Extremely informative . Thank you Coursera and My professors at MICHIGAN University. You are the best.

By M N K

Jul 8, 2019

Great course! Thank you, Paul Resnik!

It was a great interaction and experience getting invaluable knowledge from you!

By RAMKUMAR R

Jun 19, 2020

Thank you coursera . Even though i could't understand in videos , i could understand through Runestone Interactive.

By Jesús A S G

Aug 8, 2020

I have learnet a lot in this course, I feel more confident now. I recomend do the practice task in the Runestone.

By Muhammad A M

Apr 13, 2020

Excellent course for people who want to learn how to access the information available on the internet with Python

By Zhen Z

Nov 27, 2019

Very easy-to-follow course for beginners and the assignments and final project offer great sense of achievements.

By Malgorzata P

Sep 6, 2020

Very good for beginners to learn how to work with data using Python. Perfect continuation in the specialization.

By Barsha S

Jul 16, 2019

it was a deep learning experience on data using python3. Working with REST apis was the best part of the program

By ARVIND K S

Jul 27, 2020

An awesome course which really drills in the concepts of python programming. Best way to become a programmer.

By Afolabi P C

This was my first experience using a REST API. The tutorial in this course is well put together. Great course

By SaketKr

Mar 12, 2019

It was really nice. The assignments were really good and helping to clear the tiniest but important concepts.

By Atul A

Apr 19, 2020

This was a very useful course and moderately challenging as well. It was fun and satisfying to complete it

By Nestor L D F

Jul 16, 2020

It is an excellent course, it is very complete and the teaching of the teachers and tutors is fantastic.

By Mauricio G N

Jun 3, 2019

This course gives you the basics in order to comprehend the basics of data collections as well as API'S.

By Abhishek K S

Feb 9, 2020

The course was extremely beneficial to me and also helped me knowing connection between data and python

By Yusa L

Aug 26, 2019

Very useful course! Course materials are very clear and easy to understand. The project is very useful.