Back to Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Structures by University of California San Diego

A good algorithm usually comes together with a set of good data structures that allow the algorithm to manipulate the data efficiently. In this course, we consider the common data structures that are used in various computational problems. You will learn how these data structures are implemented in different programming languages and will practice implementing them in our programming assignments. This will help you to understand what is going on inside a particular built-in implementation of a data structure and what to expect from it. You will also learn typical use cases for these data structures. A few examples of questions that we are going to cover in this class are the following: 1. What is a good strategy of resizing a dynamic array? 2. How priority queues are implemented in C++, Java, and Python? 3. How to implement a hash table so that the amortized running time of all operations is O(1) on average? 4. What are good strategies to keep a binary tree balanced? You will also learn how services like Dropbox manage to upload some large files instantly and to save a lot of storage space!...

DG
May 23, 2016

I like this course very much! Rope is the cleverest task I have ever done! Of course, I hope in future I will work on even more difficult problems, but this is pretty good already for me as a student!

PS
Jul 9, 2020

I think the course content and assignments were great. A suggestion though, it will be more helpful if there are more and varied corner cases that would save time spent in thinking and making cases.

301 - 325 of 617 Reviews for Data Structures

By Ronald S

Jun 10, 2016

I learnt so much in this course

By Shubham K

Apr 20, 2020

It is very difficult but good.

By Tejasvita P

Mar 12, 2020

I learn a lot from this course

By Chandan G

May 12, 2018

Really great lectures and test

By Konstantin P

Sep 27, 2017

last task is very interesting!

By Deepak G

Aug 20, 2016

Best course of Data structure.

By Md. I M

Jun 6, 2016

I think it will help me a lot.

By AVIJIT D

Jul 13, 2020

outstanding teaching tecnic..

By Huy V

Feb 14, 2017

Great course, great lectures!

By MADUGULA H R

Nov 1, 2020

Good and very useful course

By Saiyok B

Oct 12, 2020

This is very helpful course.

By Joseph A D

Dec 26, 2017

Challenging and educational.

By mohan k h

Aug 27, 2016

Liked this course very much.

By Addis R S

Jun 12, 2016

Great course, I learn a lot!

By Nikunj R

Dec 24, 2019

Extremely well made course

By Dmitrii S

May 19, 2019

Daniel M Kane !!! Super!!!

By DIPAYAN B

Oct 26, 2020

It was a great experience

By Pranjul P

Dec 30, 2019

I learnt something new!!!

By Sanket K

Sep 23, 2018

Last week is challenging

By Aijaz A

Sep 19, 2018

in one word this is best

By Amgad A