Back to English for Effective Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Effective Business Writing by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

4.4

This course aims to improve your Business English writing skills by developing your use of vocabulary, grammar, understanding of different business writing genres, and your ability to write professional business documents. Skills learned in this course will be used in the cross-cultural communications course and help prepare you to produce the professional business documents in the Capstone project. After completing this course, you will be able to: - write business emails - write an executive summary - write persuasively in English - adapt content to purpose, context and audience - use appropriate style and tone of writing for business purposes...

MB

Sep 18, 2016

Good course. Excelent material but the girl of the videos speaks too low, always need to put the volume at the maximum and somethimes also in that way I hardly can listen to her.

ED

Dec 03, 2017

This course was very useful for me and I learned a lot about business communication and English writing. I think everyone who is in business needs to learn in this course.

1 - 25 of 41 Reviews for English for Effective Business Writing

By SAMEER T

Dec 20, 2016

I am very happy that courses like this are now online.

I thank Coursera team to facilitate the course.

By Amit P

Mar 17, 2017

the course content was good to improve business writing

By Ruwani A W

Apr 16, 2020

It was an amazing journey for me to learn the art of effective business writing. I was able to learn numerous new techniques while following the course. At the same time, it gave me the opportunity to enhance my existing knowledge in writing. Now, it is time for me to put the skills I have learned into practice. Thank you to the team behind this course who provided the fullest support and guidance throughout.

By Ali W H

Apr 05, 2020

I am not in the Business field and I took the course out of curiosity, so I had triple benefits :

I knew something about business.

I learnt some Language skills for those business needs.

I can apply what some those language advices in other fields.

By Maria G V B

Sep 18, 2016

By eshaq d

Dec 03, 2017

By Nataliya K

Mar 28, 2016

Great course! Extremely useful material and interesting tasks. Highly recommended to those who learn English!

By Dineshkumar N

Apr 06, 2020

Very Good, learnt a maximum things about writings.

Thank you.

By Малахова И И

Aug 16, 2018

I really loved the course and enjoyed the study. Thank you!

By MOHAMMAD S I

Jul 08, 2020

Fantastic course for brushing up your writing knowledge.

By Marcos S

Jun 08, 2016

This course made a big difference in my writing skill.

By Shuqi S

Aug 14, 2016

very useful especially for non-native speakers.

By Thitima P

Apr 23, 2020

Good for the beginner yo improve writing skill

By Pavel P

Nov 17, 2018

I really liked this course. Thank you so much.

By Gautamshi j G

Apr 24, 2020

excellent course . always keep learner busy

By Marcelo P L

Feb 25, 2018

Incredible, easily and powerful.

By TinhDao

Jul 10, 2017

This course is very good.

By Muhammad A A

Nov 14, 2016

very good course

By Samved I

Jul 08, 2020

So far as the organization of the course is concerned, I have no grievances. However, it was utmost discomposing to me to see that some multiple-answer questions in quizzes were incorrectly formatted. Despite correct answers, the result was incorrect. This is evidently on account of a glaring error and need be rectified.

By Pablo V I

Mar 27, 2017

In my view this course is well structured and it focuses on business topics. I highly recomend do it. I'm an spanish native speaker and in my opinion with B1/B2 level you can follow it without any problem

By Georgia

Nov 10, 2017

It is a very good course. As a non native english speaker I learned a lot of things and I enhanced my busineess writing skills.

The animated videos were very good!!