Back to Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere by Google

This is the first course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills you need to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. Organizations of all kinds need data analysts to help them improve their processes, identify opportunities and trends, launch new products, and make thoughtful decisions. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of data analytics through hands-on curriculum developed by Google. The material shared covers plenty of key data analytics topics, and it’s designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. Current Google data analysts will instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources. Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will: - Gain an understanding of the practices and processes used by a junior or associate data analyst in their day-to-day job. - Learn about key analytical skills (data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization) and tools (spreadsheets, SQL, R programming, Tableau) that you can add to your professional toolbox. - Discover a wide variety of terms and concepts relevant to the role of a junior data analyst, such as the data life cycle and the data analysis process. - Evaluate the role of analytics in the data ecosystem. - Conduct an analytical thinking self-assessment. - Explore job opportunities available to you upon program completion, and learn about best practices in the job search....

PB
Mar 21, 2021

The course was really insightful. Knowing tools is not enough, understanding the business scenario and then applying technical knowledge to solve any problem is what a data analyst is expected to do.

MP
Apr 11, 2021

This course is awesome, you will be taught by some of the leading data analysts at the google and also they provide some valuable insights about the whole career and opportunities in this field.

1 - 25 of 581 Reviews for Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere

By Eva S

Mar 22, 2021

Too many introductory lessons that aren't useful at all. Week 1&2&3 won't teach you anything. Too much talk and not enough useful information being said. I don't really care about the personal stories of Google employees, I'm here to learn something.

By Lanya M

Mar 11, 2021

I liked the videos a lot, I just didn't get the point of the journal entries.

By Rachel V

Mar 13, 2021

I thought the videos were helpful in getting a basic understand of data analytics and what to look forward to. However, I was hoping to learn more from most activities. The journals and self-reflection sometimes don't give much value, although I suppose they get you thinking like an analyst a bit. When giving an introduction to spreadsheets and databases, it would be significantly more helpful if the activities were more hands on. I thought that would be the case when they introduced Qwiklabs, but no. Also, I noticed a time or two, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to input an answer, i.e. I'm sure I knew the answer, but just didn't get credit for it because of how Coursera wanted me to write it.

By David R

Mar 12, 2021

Very basic, integration with external tools wonky, quizzes often seem to grade valid SQL as incorrect and don't give feedback to help learners understand what syntax the program expects

By kenneth p

Mar 16, 2021

Very nicely presented and cleared all the doubts I have personally. Majorly touching all the basic points to cover to topic of Data Analysis. Love the course and looking forward to complete it

By John G

Mar 14, 2021

It was an introductory course, so don't expect it to be so difficult. Videos are made very well. Tony was fine. Perhaps more questions could be provided during the videos to make sure people understand/pay attention to them. As in other Google courses, the discussions seem like a waste of time as many people skip them and there doesn't seem to be any punishment for not participating in them. Finally, it is just in the honor code that somebody writes in the journal. From a pedagogical perspective, it seems like a wasted opportunity.

By Danielle L

Mar 14, 2021

Great first course. So much good information that was well presented and easy to digest. Awesome videos and assignment. I feel I am going to be well prepared when I am working for GOOGLE.

By Trevor T

Mar 14, 2021

This was extremely basic and not much help. I do not see how this will contribute to finding a job.

By Avi G

Mar 14, 2021

I thought there was a lot of useful insights into things to watch out for and ways to avoid common pit-falls. Repetition on the important points seemed well timed and reenforced.

By Danial A

Mar 14, 2021

Oh man I have never been this excited and anticipated for something in my life before this. And the introduction course was right on bulls eye. It included all the key ingredients necessary to make a great course. Lectures were point on, insights by Googlers were great, the weekly challenges especially the course challenge was really well designed. Only complaint is to incorporate more interactive activities in the course. This is Google. I expect a bit more. probably!!

By Sean B

Mar 14, 2021

Great course, well organized and the people involved represent a diverse cross section of professionals working in diverse areas.

By Balagangadhar R K

Mar 15, 2021

A Good Introductory Course on Data Analytics. I enjoyed it. Thanks, GOOGLE & Coursera

By Keragan C

Mar 26, 2021

Overall, I thought it was a great introduction to the topics that will be covered in the certificate. A couple of areas for growth in my opinion:

1 - For the quizzes when you get an answer wrong, ideally, you are provided the right answer so you can learn from your mistake, but alternatively, it would be nice if the subsequent text included a link to the section with the information because I felt some of the answers were difficult to go back and find.

2 - I don't like that the glossary builds on itself as you go through the course because then you end up with multiple incomplete glossary documents. It would be better to just include one full glossary to be downloaded, perhaps with highlighted colors corresponding to their respective sections in the course.

Thanks!

By SHREY V

Mar 15, 2021

It was a fun intro course to data analysis. I have already done some courses prior to this course so i had to cruise through it. But if you are completely new to data analysis field this is a great start.

By J P

Apr 6, 2021

Great intro and the words of encouragement are really appreciated! Each of the instructors gave their personal touch and I felt connected with all the struggles and excitement. I LEARNED A LOT!

By Ellen C

Mar 14, 2021

This course did a fantastic job of painting the big picture of Data Analytics. The overview helped reinforce my decision to take the course and motivate me to keep moving

By Sandy L

Mar 21, 2021

This course felt very basic. It could have been condensed into 2-3 weeks. The beginning concepts of data life cycle, data analysis skills, and all the material covered in weeks 1-3 could have been condensed to 1 week and weeks 4-5 material could have been condensed into another week. I don't feel like I've learned anything concrete in this course because weeks 1-3 brushes on how to think as a data analyst, and weeks 4-5 only slightly brushes on spreadsheets and SQL. In addition, I looked over the discussion forums, I don't think participation in them are helpful. It says participation is optional, but it marks me off and says that I haven't completed the entire course. The good thing is that I can watch videos in a higher speed and can fast forward to the the next weeks if I move ahead. However, I worry that the course might be dragged on and some students can lose interest. I enjoyed the stories that the different instructors shared, and can feel that they are personable people. I appreciate the work put into this!

By Adrián K R

Mar 18, 2021

Very dense, key information could've been explained in 1/20 of what the course has done, anyways, im looking forward to the programming part !

By Hyunjin J K

Mar 25, 2021

I just earned this first certificate! I really enjoyed this course. I've been doing market research as an independent analyst for over five years. My role was focused on the "analysis" part. This course showed me a bigger picture of data analysis and opened my eyes to a wide range of possibilities as a data analyst. I am very excited about taking the next certificate courses to get trained in essential skills that will be useful during the entire data analysis process!

By Giannis D

Mar 18, 2021

For a total beginner starting with this foundational course makes you realize that Data are everywhere and exciting to dive deeper into them! Course's instructors are everyday people with knowledge and passion to share, motivating you at each step. Detailed and oriented in self progress with quizzes giving you that achievement feeling! Totally recommended.

By Mohamed A

Mar 31, 2021

Thanks a lot to Google they spend tremendous efforts on the content, and the instructor was extremely helpful and support I appreciate this effort and looking forward to my next step in this program.

VIVA GOOGLE🙂

By Daniel R

Mar 13, 2021

Some of the questions were odd or I believe them to be incorrect. One of the final exam questions used 04000 as a zip code but the leading zero should probably be requested as text for '04000' in the where statement but this was counted as incorrect. Question 6 in one of the weeks asked what SELECT * did. it says it selects all of the data from the table but that isn't quite correct, it selects all features of the data but a where clause would limit the data as well, so saying select * selects all of the data is misleading.

By Rosana S

Mar 14, 2021

I just loved attending this course. It made me very happy and discover that I know some skills that are high valued in the market nowadays. Thank you so much Coursera and Google for this opportunity!!!! 8:-)

By Guillermo A

Apr 11, 2021

Excellent starting point, straightforward and clear information. The only thing I consider to need some polishing is the Qwiklabs part. Overall a great experience, thanks for everything!

By EZZADDEEN M

Mar 12, 2021

I enjoyed the course and learned a lot of basic important concepts.