Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

YV

Many thanks to the creators of this course! It was a very solid refresher for me, even though I have spent in web development a few years by now. I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson. Thank you, Yaakov!

4351 - 4375 of 4,494 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Yewen Z

Jul 3, 2020

In general, I like the ambition of this course which tries its best to include HTML, CSS, JavaScript all into one course. However, in doing so the material is pretty challenging for someone who just starts learning web technologies and I personally find it very hard to keep up with my understanding when it reaches the final week. I hope the course can be improved better by designing materials that are easier to start with.

By AJAY S

Jul 3, 2020

i have given the course a three star because its a bit outdated but if u really want to code u will find out the solution.The bigger problem is your doubts dont get cleared or answered ....or it will take few days to get a reply for your query.So,i guess there are better courses avalible on different sites .

At last u will learn siginificantly about the topics but not really grab the code.

By Jennifer M

Mar 18, 2020

I liked it until the video about setting up a git repository was outdated and doesn't provide information regarding the changes in git hub that do not match the current video. I couldn't complete my set up because I didn't know what to do next. The forums have been stating that the videos are out of date for months now. I would consider paying to finish the course if it were updated.

By Gonzalo

Nov 9, 2021

El curso tiene varios años y esta desactualizado , hay comentarios en cada modulo que va a ser actualizado en breve pero estamos hablando de un curso creado en el 2015...

Por otro lado hubo funcionalidades que no estaban incluidas en el curso pero se terminaron implementando lo cual no considero correcto.

El resto todo bien pude aprender lo necesario correctamente.

Gracias

By Nathan L

Mar 5, 2020

The HTML and CSS parts were good, but the JavaScript part felt hurried. Also JavaScript has changed enough since 2015 that an updated course would be strongly preferred. I found c****demy's JS offering to be a good complement as you do a lot of hands-on there but don't see it used in the context of a website like you do here and it covers new ES6 JS.

By Tummala D

Sep 29, 2020

The course was great until JavaScript kicked in....trust me for beginners, the depth level of basic Javascript concepts is inadequate . No doubt Yaakov is a good teacher but he could have made a detailed session on Javascript concepts...jumping straight into the functions will not only make the beginners lose interest but also it wastes their time .

By Nuanjan S

Jul 19, 2019

The course is great, except some part of the program version that the course use a little bit older than my version. It takes me some time to find the right answer. even if this course provides a lot of resources, I still had a difficult time to understand. But in gernaral, the course helps me learn a lot of basic HTML5, Css, some JavaScript.

By Harish K

Sep 21, 2020

The course is really great but there's a catch, begineers might struggle in Javascript phase as the instructors jumps directly to working with functions with only little basics covered and might end scratching your head which was my case .

p.s: learn Javascript function basics and then proceed with Javascript

By Thomas S

Aug 12, 2021

I​ like the training provided and the instructor explains well, but the graded assignments with adjusting only parts of a much larger website is not the best way to test students' knowledge. It would be better to edit a simpler version of the final product.

By SHIVAM

Oct 7, 2021

The content till Module 4 is so amazing and well taught, but Module 5 was really tough and not well explained according to me could've been better. But Thank you for taking me from a complete beginner to learning the Basics of Front End Development.

By Badr J

Dec 9, 2016

It is no that perfect.

The instructor focus on explaining what the code do instead of implementing it in the same video.

I think the only downside is that he prepare his code and we can't implement the code at the same time because it is already given

By Nicolas B

Oct 5, 2020

Good to start with a minimum of ease in understanding, but explanations are often missing on the right points while insisting on obvious things. Coding live would help avoiding this issue. Often difficult to understand, while it is basics.

By SUPRIYA P

Sep 1, 2020

Week 4 and week 5 could have been more better with explanation for beginners, suggestion to use video or screenshot for assignment to be done, as what is expected is sometimes not clear from the problem statements

By swapnil g

Jul 13, 2020

The course is average but the content has become obsolete now. The course is using BootStrap 3 which is not in use for 3 years.Also, the JS portion of how to use it while developing a website is very very less.

By Muhammad Y R

Jan 2, 2020

Course Is Awsome .Instrustor gives his best .The only thing that troubles me is that its not updated using bootstrap 3 for assignmnet and here i get badly stuck .Except this everything was perfect

By Mayank A

Sep 22, 2021

This course has been good till the 4th week, but in the 5th week the instructor was in hurry and things were not that clear as it should have been. Couldn't learn ajax properly

Aug 24, 2020

This is a very nice course but it is outdated. The versions of bootstrap and jquery used here are too old. It would be nice if cousera updates this course.

By Chandan K

Jun 14, 2020

other things are good but ajax parts and some JS lectures are not easy to understand for a beginner but those are difficult for intermediate guy like me.

By MUHAMMAD M R 1

Backdated content and as the course goes forward the instructor tried to bring a lot of contents without giving proper and understandable introduction .

By Upender

Good explantion in all the modules except the last one.

I couldn't catch up with the instructor.

Otherwise this is a great course for your basics.

By RAHUL S

Oct 6, 2020

This course is little tougher for beginners but has a good course content which cover almost every basics require to start web development.

By Renad A

Aug 19, 2021

H​TML and CSS were nicely and cleary explained, but i feel Javascript was not explained clearly. Overall it was a nice course. Thanks.

By mohammad h

Aug 7, 2021

very good course for every level but I gave it 3 star just because it doesn't use latest versions of bootstrap jQuery or etc.

By Kareem F W

Jul 10, 2020

Using old versions bootstrap and jquery in the course is confusing for me also for JS som parts aren't clear enough for me

By Gaurav K J

Jun 18, 2020

This is a good course but many components are outdated....a new update should be launched or else its difficult to cope up