Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

PP

Apr 25, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

151 - 175 of 2,584 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Lazar

Aug 14, 2015

It was an awesome experience! I would totally recommend anyone to join in/enrol in the course. The professor is understandable, both English and Chinese. Useful phrases and sentences, while sentences are also covered during the course, as well as the dialogue.

By PRAPADSUANG T

This course is good for beginner. Short and easy to understand. Don't need to deeply know all chinese language but know chinese in the situation of the daily life. It's really can use! It's good basic for learning more. Thanks Teacher and all teams. :) 谢谢老师!

By khawla A

Jul 18, 2019

my firs language is Arabic and I took some English in school and university , this course was easy to understand the teacher is good , I would recommend this to anyone with no experience in this language . grateful for everyone who made this course possible

By Wilsen W

Mar 25, 2018

It was a great experience. Thank you for sharing the basic of Chinese.

But I hope you can also include some Chinese character. I understand that you might not want to confuse some participants but I think it is very important to learn some Chinese characters

By Grace K

Mar 24, 2020

Easy to complete, instructor speaks clearly with a lot of helpful repetition to help with speaking. She also points out common misunderstandings in pronunciation and spelling. I recommend taking this course, especially for pronunciation guidance. Xiexie ni!

By Olga V

Oct 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Professionally done and very well structured. Never boring or too much info for a single week. Just perfect for my busy schedule. Thanks a lot! I've had my introduction to Chinese and will most likely further pursue this study.

By Nikola S

Great course with very practical content.

Mrs. Xiaoyu Liu is a great teacher with awesome english and learning skills, excercises were very usefull and I already learned a lot from this course. I am looking forward to use these experiences in the future.

By Martha L A M

Sep 04, 2019

Increíble! Un curso que contrariamente a lo que imaginaba me pareció muy bien explicado e interesante con un método que te atrapa hasta finalizar. Te aporta palabras importantes que te introducen a un idioma que jamás imaginé poder entender. Felicidades!

By Milca R G F

May 22, 2020

Recomiendo ampliamente este curso.

Los videos de aprendizaje duran menos de 5 minutos y la actitud de Xiaoyu Liu facilitan la compresión de los temas a tratar.

Sin duda alguna esta es la mejor manera para aprender una lengua extranjera de alta importancia.

By Warunya P

May 14, 2020

I learned lot of Chinese words from this course . I think this course is suitable for the beginner and Who have learn Chinese before also . I can review my Chinese skill from this course. You Just spend a bit time to study . Thank you teacher. xiexie

By Harshal M

Apr 04, 2018

Good course for complete beginners.

Although i would suggest more explanation for measure words. More examples will also help.

Having said that, thaks once again for all your efforts. I look forward to learning more advanced chinese courses in the future.

By Domingo C S

Jun 04, 2017

Me encantó que el curso sea tan simple para gente que no tiene noción de chino, aunque en las últimas "lectures" no escribian todo lo que aparece en la pantalla, así que tenía que ver la transcripción para entender o saber algunas cosas que entiendo.

By DR B B

Apr 25, 2020

I am very much excited that I have learned one of the sweetest and oldest language of the world. The course is excellent and very well- organised. The instructor is outstanding. Her voice is very clear, she is a well presenterband a great speaker.

By Monica H

May 09, 2020

Wow! Professor Xiaoyu Liu was amazing!!!! Recommended!!

I really enjoyed her calmness and subtle friendliness in her class, now that I finished all the seven weeks content I am really going to miss studying with her.

Xiexie laoshi, wo hen xihuan! :D

By Carosio C

Apr 14, 2020

Great course with a great teacher! I enjoyed each lesson a lot, the teaching rythm is perfect for beginners and the pinyin writing helps if you are not familiar with chinese symbols. Thank you for making my first steps in Chinese such a great fun!

By Brenda J N A

Jul 10, 2019

Me gusto mucho este curso porque tuve la oportunidad de poner en practica mis habilidades auditivas. Ademas , el uso de imágenes y el reuso de palabras de lecciones anteriores hicieron posible que recordara el vocabulario de manera mas eficiente.

By Rakhshi T

Oct 08, 2017

This was very well designed and helpful course. I enjoyed learning Chinese with the teacher. However, i felt that quizzes were easy and they should be a little more challenging. Thanks a lot for providing us with the opportunity to learn it free.

By Nambajimana J d D

Jan 03, 2018

Firstly, I would like to thank those who established this website and the one who prepare this program, I have learned more and more, this time I can speak Chinese, communicate with people. Actually, I can do a lot of things because of Coursera.

By Nicolas S

Apr 30, 2017

This is an excellent foundation course for beginners. Prof Xiaoyu Liu has a clear pronunciation and a great pedagogy. Many thanks for this wonderful course! I highly recommend this course for everyone who want to begin learning Mandarin Chinese.

By Daniel S

Jul 30, 2019

This course had a good pace and covered several useful topics. The instructor also explained new words/characters when introducing a new sentence or phrase, which is nice to know - as opposed to just explaining the meaning of the new phrase.

By Karime A C

Mar 20, 2018

It was a really good courses, Xiaoyu Liu is an amazing teacher she explain you everything as best as possible. was a really good method of teaching, easy to learn, to been motivate and to practice. I cant wait to start the next course. Xiexie

By Mª D C S R P

Oct 25, 2016

Muy práctico e interesante. Perfecto para introducirte en este idioma y aunque sea básico, creo que aprendes muchas cosas que son muy útiles para al menos mantener una conversación sencilla para poderte desenvolver en Chino. Muy recomendable.

By Christos A

Apr 20, 2020

It was really amazing! The very last part includes the chinese symbols that you've learned to say during this course along with their pronunciation and their tonemarks (pinyin),so now I'm trying to learn how to write each word I've learnt!!!

By Erin B

Feb 22, 2020

Excellent course. I learned many new things including lots of new vocabulary words. The instructor also did a great job giving pronunciation and grammar tips. I feel more confident as I continue my self study portion of learning Chinese.

By Svetlana P

Mar 19, 2018

I liked the course very much. I get confused with characters but since this course doesn't have them it was a lot easier for me to participate. Love that lectures are short and sweet and quizzes are right on the ball! Great learning videos!