Back to Managing Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Data Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

This one-week course describes the process of analyzing data and how to manage that process. We describe the iterative nature of data analysis and the role of stating a sharp question, exploratory data analysis, inference, formal statistical modeling, interpretation, and communication. In addition, we will describe how to direct analytic activities within a team and to drive the data analysis process towards coherent and useful results. This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the process of data analysis and how it can be managed. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We've left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward. After completing this course you will know how to…. 1. Describe the basic data analysis iteration 2. Identify different types of questions and translate them to specific datasets 3. Describe different types of data pulls 4. Explore datasets to determine if data are appropriate for a given question 5. Direct model building efforts in common data analyses 6. Interpret the results from common data analyses 7. Integrate statistical findings to form coherent data analysis presentations Commitment: 1 week of study, 4-6 hours Course cover image by fdecomite. Creative Commons BY https://flic.kr/p/4HjmvD...
Highlights
Helpful quizzes
(3 Reviews)
Well-organized content
(24 Reviews)

EL
Feb 28, 2017

A long course compared to others in the specialization, but a lot of great material. Very well presented, the instructors know how to present this material and make it easy to grasp and understand.

ST
Nov 22, 2016

The course is full of the cases and the real life examples coupled with the theory background. Its very simple to understand and the course will definitely be of an value for people looking for

76 - 100 of 406 Reviews for Managing Data Analysis

By Claudia Z

Jun 25, 2017

Great course and the instructor is awesome, he knows how to teach because all the quizzes made me think.

By Wladimir R

Sep 9, 2018

Teachers, Content and knowledge is amazing valuable for my professional development. Highly recommended

By Elton K

Dec 14, 2018

Interesting for a Non-Data Science Executive despite some minor spelling errors in video transcripts.

By Dana

Oct 25, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, and it helped me to understand some concepts I wasn't sure of before.

By Melissa L

Oct 3, 2020

Just the right method of presentation to succinctly educate students like me. Thank you very much!

By Setia B

Dec 3, 2017

This course is amazing. I learn a lot about exploratory data analysis and data science in general.

By Maria E V

Sep 27, 2020

Meaningful and engaging videos and information to know and learn about Managing Data Analysis. :)

By Marguerite P

Jun 18, 2016

Really a very well-done course that has helped me take strides in understanding the EDA approach!

By Emilio G

Oct 29, 2018

Great content and videos, definitely worth the time and improved my knowledge in data science.

By Lisa K

May 16, 2016

good course. starts well and is overall very informative. thank you for offering us this info!

By fetty f

Jul 20, 2020

I love this course. It makes me gain new knowledge with simple cases that easy to understand.

By Ayna M

Jan 9, 2018

Super-fun and very practical, especially loved the companion book, the Art of Data Science.

By Clifton d L

Dec 3, 2017

I found it useful to dig in to concepts of how to ask good questions and evaluate models.

By Sujata R

Oct 30, 2016

Excellent course. Extremely useful in the workplace.A must for all Data Science managers.

By Christos R

Jan 10, 2020

Good overview with practical tips helpful in daily work for managing data science teams

By Gabriela E L M

Dec 24, 2016

Interesting content, analytic points of view that we often forget in the daily routine.

By Francisco

Jun 13, 2020

Very good course with excelent reading summaries and adequate feedback in the quizzes.

By Gustavo V

Apr 7, 2019

Very usefull course to have a high level view of a data analysis assignment or project

By Joseph S

Jul 16, 2017

Very detailed and extremely helpful in my current role in leading a Data Science Team.

By Abdul W

Dec 5, 2017

Thanks to worthy Instructors and teachers to taught us and for designing this course.

By Teresa B

Mar 23, 2016

Challenging at times, and worth the effort and cost. Very clear and well presented.

By nand k P

Jan 7, 2017

Great course! Entire syllabus covered in simple and comprehensible way. Great job!

By andrea m

Dec 21, 2017

Very effective the management model from starting analysis to presenting results.

By Jennefer P

Oct 18, 2020

Very insightful course. I learned a lot of new information. Thank you very much!

By Soundrarajan V

Jan 27, 2017

Interesting course, learned a lot of new things. Find it out it's useful for me.