Back to Music Business Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Music Business Foundations by Berklee College of Music

This course has been developed to provide students with the latest instruction on the best way for creators, consumers, and facilitators to navigate the resurgence of one of the world’s most exciting industries: the music business. Three things are clear about today’s music industry: The consumption of music is expanding at the greatest rate in history and from the most portals ever imagined, the cost of producing music is decreasing, and the number of artists creating and seeking to expose their work and develop careers through the Internet has increased dramatically. Whether you’re a music creator, consumer, or facilitator of this process, you’ll want to understand the history, underpinnings, and basics of the music business. Course author John Kellogg—administrator, educator, entertainment lawyer, performer, and radio and television personality—offers students the opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of the developing new music business, for now and into the future. What you'll learn: -- The basic history of the music industry and today's business trends -- How recording agreements are formulated -- The basics of copyright law as it pertains to the music business -- The role of agents, managers, attorneys, and specific business entities...

BD

Oct 22, 2017

This course was very useful and important to me, I plan on venturing in the music world very soon and knowing/ equipping myself with all of these will come in pretty handy for me. Thank you immensely.

EM

Dec 22, 2021

"Thank you John P. Kellogg!!!" This is truly one of the most informative and 'put together' course I have ever taken... and its about one of the things I love the most ...music! - Evan McNeeley

176 - 200 of 611 Reviews for Music Business Foundations

By E. W

Mar 9, 2017

In depth and informative. Allows you to progress at your own pace. Very much enjoyed this class, looking forward to more.

By Lindlee F

Feb 17, 2021

Great course, I learned a lot. All music people should know this information. Will save you a lot of unnecessary woes.

By Martha F

Aug 2, 2020

No geral, voltado para o mercado dos Estados Unidos, porém dá para tirar bons ensinamentos para o mercado Sul Americano.

By Gabriel S T

May 6, 2020

Really good course, it's smooth and just the perfect scope to understand part of the big industry behind Music Business

By nadim s

Oct 4, 2018

Nicely done, well organized, super interesting material, amazing instructor. What else can i say? this course is a must

By Ramy H A

Jun 15, 2019

this course inspired me with a lot of things and i'm pretty sure that all what i learnt will change a lot in my career

By Dr. K N S

Excellent Course .. really amazing to learn about the various acts of learning music business in USA and the Globe...

Feb 19, 2020

I learned so much in this course. Learning about music law opened my eyes as to how ruthless this industry really is.

By Elena P

Apr 16, 2020

Amazing course with Mr. Kellogg. Well structured, well explained and excellent storytelling. I totally recommend it.

By Atreya M

Apr 14, 2020

Loved the course! Informative and practical examples with tons of information about the intricacies of the industry.

By Mel R

Nov 30, 2015

Knowledge plus leverage equals real power. Thank you Berklee and Professor Kellogg for this long-awaited experience.

By Nathania S A

Jan 22, 2022

This course really helped me understand the basics of music business and the roles available in the music industry.

By Fabrizio M M S

Sep 30, 2020

I learned a lot about the music business, differents areas and functions. Really it's a good course and experience.

By Natália M d P

Aug 9, 2020

Thank you Berklee and John P. Kellogg for this amazing course opportunity. I've learned a lot during these 4 weeks.

By Jyothi K C

Sep 3, 2020

Very informative course. If you are beginner then this course will give you a great insight of the Music Industry.

By Alex R P

May 20, 2016

Great introduction to how to conduct your business in the music industry, with lots of tips and a great professor!

By Kwamena H

Apr 9, 2021

This has been the best learning experience for me. I acquired valuable industry knowledge in a really short time.

By Humberto A

Aug 26, 2020

Excellent course. I learned many concepts and very useful real cases understand the music business. Thanks a lot!

By Juan P B P

Jul 13, 2022

J​ohn Kellogg's charisma and knowledge are really printed through the whole course. I loved every second of it.

By Niels W

Aug 6, 2020

Very helpful as it gives a great introduction to the real side of music. I would have appreciated more content.

By Kyellu E T

Mar 23, 2020

Amazing course. Loved every second of it. It’ll be very essential to my growth in this line of work. Thank you.

By Karan K

Feb 24, 2016

if u r poor, it makes u good.........if u r good, it makes u better........if u r better, it makes u best!!!!!!

By Plácido O M

May 1, 2016

Muito bom. O John fala de forma extremamente clara e, mesmo não sendo fluente em inglês, estou entendendo bem.

By Jenny P M A