Back to Music Business Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Music Business Foundations by Berklee College of Music

This course has been developed to provide students with the latest instruction on the best way for creators, consumers, and facilitators to navigate the resurgence of one of the world’s most exciting industries: the music business. Three things are clear about today’s music industry: The consumption of music is expanding at the greatest rate in history and from the most portals ever imagined, the cost of producing music is decreasing, and the number of artists creating and seeking to expose their work and develop careers through the Internet has increased dramatically. Whether you’re a music creator, consumer, or facilitator of this process, you’ll want to understand the history, underpinnings, and basics of the music business. Course author John Kellogg—administrator, educator, entertainment lawyer, performer, and radio and television personality—offers students the opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of the developing new music business, for now and into the future. What you'll learn: -- The basic history of the music industry and today's business trends -- How recording agreements are formulated -- The basics of copyright law as it pertains to the music business -- The role of agents, managers, attorneys, and specific business entities...

BD

Oct 23, 2017

This course was very useful and important to me, I plan on venturing in the music world very soon and knowing/ equipping myself with all of these will come in pretty handy for me. Thank you immensely.

DK

Feb 22, 2016

I advise this great course to everybody who wants to learn more about music industry in general, music business principles and tricks, including all types of agreements and principal actors.

176 - 200 of 283 Reviews for Music Business Foundations

By Rohan A

Nov 14, 2016

I learnt a lot ! This is Awesome !

By Zac R

Oct 10, 2016

Professor was phenomenal. A++++++

By Dubigny J

Oct 02, 2016

Very very exciting, I recommend !

By Juan G R

Oct 22, 2015

Excelente introducción a Music Management

By Máximo E P G

Nov 28, 2016

Totally useful!

By Olalekan A

Oct 09, 2016

Very Perfect for scope. I really learned a lot and took notes which, i will be blogging about.

By Nesirosan N T

Jan 05, 2017

Now I know better and I can approach my career in a more professional way.

Thank you very much sir.

By Luis G

Nov 02, 2015

Uno de los cursos más interesantes y enriquecedores que he tomado. Totalmente recomendado si quieres conocer verdaderamente cómo opera la industria musical en nuestros días y qué oportunidades de negocio, emprendimiento o empleo hay dentro de la misma.

By Yasmine A

Feb 25, 2016

I'm baffled by this course, I have only just completed week one and I have learnt SO much already. Definitely recommend if you are interested in music of any kind and in any field, this course provides you with the tools and mindset to work towards achieving your goals in the music industry

By Olumide L

Jul 08, 2016

highly detailed and delivered excellently. has helped me a great deal

By Georgia D

Dec 28, 2015

awesome

By Darius B

Jan 21, 2016

Great, quick, and straight to the point!

By Rocio R

Aug 10, 2016

Great information by people that are really in the industry

By Jeleesa B

Mar 31, 2016

Very informative!

By Michael H

Mar 27, 2016

The best tool ever!

By Dean H

Oct 29, 2015

I really had no knowledge of music producing or the history of music until I started this course. It has taught me much, and I'm sure the lessons I have learned will have great benefit now and in the future.

By Daniel G A

Oct 07, 2015

Excelent!!

By Julien B

Nov 25, 2015

Awesome course, it's really interesting!! The teacher is also amazing !

By Justin K

Feb 22, 2016

Excellent overview of the music business. The course had a "goldilocks" quality to it...not too much information so as to overwhelm a beginner but just enough examples and facts to whet the appetite of those looking to dig deeper or become better prepared and more knowledgeable about their business as an artist!

By Victor V K

Nov 06, 2016

Very helpful

By GhulamMuhammad A

Nov 05, 2016

Extremely useful course, the instructor is a very experienced and a very nice person too. Highly recommended.

By Bettsymar D

Oct 02, 2016

Absolutely useful !!!

By Виктория Н Ч

Mar 30, 2018

It is a really great course: full and useful! It tells about all aspects and rules which are related to music industry in the USA (and partly other countries)

By Erich C

Jun 18, 2016

Some great and solid information for anyone in the industry.

Oct 01, 2016