Back to Music Business Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Music Business Foundations by Berklee College of Music

This course has been developed to provide students with the latest instruction on the best way for creators, consumers, and facilitators to navigate the resurgence of one of the world’s most exciting industries: the music business. Three things are clear about today’s music industry: The consumption of music is expanding at the greatest rate in history and from the most portals ever imagined, the cost of producing music is decreasing, and the number of artists creating and seeking to expose their work and develop careers through the Internet has increased dramatically. Whether you’re a music creator, consumer, or facilitator of this process, you’ll want to understand the history, underpinnings, and basics of the music business. Course author John Kellogg—administrator, educator, entertainment lawyer, performer, and radio and television personality—offers students the opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of the developing new music business, for now and into the future. What you'll learn: -- The basic history of the music industry and today's business trends -- How recording agreements are formulated -- The basics of copyright law as it pertains to the music business -- The role of agents, managers, attorneys, and specific business entities...

BD
Oct 22, 2017

This course was very useful and important to me, I plan on venturing in the music world very soon and knowing/ equipping myself with all of these will come in pretty handy for me. Thank you immensely.

DK
Feb 21, 2016

I advise this great course to everybody who wants to learn more about music industry in general, music business principles and tricks, including all types of agreements and principal actors.

176 - 200 of 494 Reviews for Music Business Foundations

By Kael B

Absolutely phenomenal explanations of everything you need to know in the music business, thank you Jonh!

By Javier G J

Oct 31, 2019

Great introduction to Music Business and easy to understand even when english is not my native language.

By Jordan A

Mar 20, 2017

This was an amazing course that offered a veritable treasure trove of information. TAKE. THIS. COURSE!!!

By Solomon D

Jan 10, 2016

I am amazed by the information that I am learning about, and would recommend this to all of my friends!

By Jessica

Nov 2, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was easy to understand/follow - Mr Kellogg really knows his stuff.

By Siren X S

Jan 31, 2016

John P. Kellogg is fabulous. He makes this course fun and has a great presence in front of the camera.

By Giovanna M

Jun 20, 2020

Curso completo, com informações precisar, objetivas e detalhadas, professor apresenta ótima didática!

By John A M

Jan 17, 2016

One of the most important courses one can take if one is going to be in the business of making music.

By Varun H

Nov 1, 2015

Excellent Course. Got a good idea about how the music industry in America works. Wish it were longer.

By Shirley A

informative and concise. The instructor was very soothing to the ear and enjoyed his storytelling.

By Mikhail M

Jun 22, 2017

I found this course to be very important and useful for myself. Thank you for putting it together.

By Nesirosan N T

Jan 4, 2017

Now I know better and I can approach my career in a more professional way.

Thank you very much sir.

By Conor M

Apr 20, 2020

Great lecture videos & John does a great job of providing his own and historic industry examples.

By Ruchit M

Sep 20, 2015

interesting course content. helps understand the core concepts behind the music business. cheers!

By Pau B M

Dec 26, 2018

Simple, fast and very useful to dip your toe and get to known the basics of the music business!

By Onur A

Nov 16, 2020

John P. Kellogg is a very good narrator I think. He made me feel living some cases. Thank you!

By maika m

Aug 30, 2020

Completely informative and palatable. Excellent delivery if vital information! Thank you team!

By Shivraj S

Jan 20, 2018

helped me introduced to lesser known aspects of the music industry. Thumbs up for the course!

By Olalekan A

Oct 8, 2016

Very Perfect for scope. I really learned a lot and took notes which, i will be blogging about.

By Andre O A

Sep 10, 2017

Very informative. Course content was explained well and the coursework was not too intensive.

By Manali H N

Jun 9, 2020

Very informative and helpful for my further career. Thank you so much for the lovely course.

By LUCAS P F

Jul 28, 2019

A great opportunity to understand Music Business in a challenging way! Totally recommend it!

By Shivani R

Aug 17, 2020

IT WAS A GOOD COURSE. I WAS HAPPY AND GOT MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MUSIC AND BUSINESS IN MUSIC.

By Arthur G

Jul 25, 2018

This was a GREAT course that I may be interested in taking the 12 week course from Berklee.

By Ankush S

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent curriculum but the only thing that bothers is all the way theoretical knowledge