Back to Music Business Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Music Business Foundations by Berklee College of Music

This course has been developed to provide students with the latest instruction on the best way for creators, consumers, and facilitators to navigate the resurgence of one of the world’s most exciting industries: the music business. Three things are clear about today’s music industry: The consumption of music is expanding at the greatest rate in history and from the most portals ever imagined, the cost of producing music is decreasing, and the number of artists creating and seeking to expose their work and develop careers through the Internet has increased dramatically. Whether you’re a music creator, consumer, or facilitator of this process, you’ll want to understand the history, underpinnings, and basics of the music business. Course author John Kellogg—administrator, educator, entertainment lawyer, performer, and radio and television personality—offers students the opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of the developing new music business, for now and into the future. What you'll learn: -- The basic history of the music industry and today's business trends -- How recording agreements are formulated -- The basics of copyright law as it pertains to the music business -- The role of agents, managers, attorneys, and specific business entities...

BD

Oct 23, 2017

This course was very useful and important to me, I plan on venturing in the music world very soon and knowing/ equipping myself with all of these will come in pretty handy for me. Thank you immensely.

DK

Feb 22, 2016

I advise this great course to everybody who wants to learn more about music industry in general, music business principles and tricks, including all types of agreements and principal actors.

76 - 100 of 286 Reviews for Music Business Foundations

By MAYKON D S E S

Dec 13, 2015

I'm very happy with the content from this course. It is exactly what I was looking for in terms of information about music business. Really interesting and the professor speaks in a very calm and nice way to make our life better to understand the lesson and everything that is said, specially for me that I'm not an English native-speaker. Great job! Well done!

By Andre O A

Sep 11, 2017

Very informative. Course content was explained well and the coursework was not too intensive.

By Daniel B

Sep 28, 2015

Excellent

By Felipe E

Sep 27, 2016

I HAD A BLAST TAKING THIS COURSE!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

ATT FELIPE

By ELIZABETH D

Dec 13, 2015

Great Course. Very informative & well structured.

By Kerry H J

Oct 21, 2015

Very insightful course from a respected, and knowledgeable professional in the field.

By Denise A

Sep 19, 2016

You get access to a lawyer that has worked with higher level stars?! You can't get better then that in the music industry! This course is highly educational and informative for musicians and other music industry position aspirations!

By Arpit G

Jan 25, 2016

Great course!

By Dianna B

Nov 29, 2015

Excellent Course, clarified a lot of misinformation I've had about the business area of music. Learned several things during the copyright week. All weeks were fantastic.

By Varun H

Nov 02, 2015

Excellent Course. Got a good idea about how the music industry in America works. Wish it were longer.

By Ramona A

Nov 22, 2015

THANK YOU MR.KELLOGG!!!!!!! BEST TEACHER IN THE WORLD!

Seriously, you have made me fall in love and hunger after a subject I feared my whole life. Brilliant - God Bless You!

By Solomon D

Jan 11, 2016

I am amazed by the information that I am learning about, and would recommend this to all of my friends!

By Mark A U

Jan 04, 2016

this is a very excellent course. I am going to recommend this course to anybody interesting in being a recording artist. or getting into the music busi

By Andrés F M G

Nov 03, 2015

Excellent course!

By fahim z

Nov 09, 2015

Great Overview for anyone interested in the Music Industry & all artists trying to derive income from their intellectual property.

By Troy K

Jun 28, 2017

Great course!! John does an amazing job at teaching the foundations with enthusiasm! I wish I could take the Music Business 101 class but was thankful for this to get me started.

By Eric M F

Nov 06, 2015

Was a great experience

By Pierina N S

Oct 13, 2015

Es un curso excelente! Súper clara la información, siempre con ejemplos y es perfecta para los que somos nuevos en esta industria.

By Mohamed H T

Dec 14, 2015

This course made me happy and more confident. Thank you Mr John, thank you berklee.

By Ernesto A G V

Nov 29, 2015

Amazing information, explanation and instructor.

By Javier V G

Nov 30, 2015

Amazing course! I strongly recommend it for all, musics, engineers and producers.