Back to Python Data Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Data Visualization by Rice University

This if the final course in the specialization which builds upon the knowledge learned in Python Programming Essentials, Python Data Representations, and Python Data Analysis. We will learn how to install external packages for use within Python, acquire data from sources on the Web, and then we will clean, process, analyze, and visualize that data. This course will combine the skills learned throughout the specialization to enable you to write interesting, practical, and useful programs. By the end of the course, you will be comfortable installing Python packages, analyzing existing data, and generating visualizations of that data. This course will complete your education as a scripter, enabling you to locate, install, and use Python packages written by others. You will be able to effectively utilize tools and packages that are widely available to amplify your effectiveness and write useful programs....

Mar 10, 2019

I went though all of the Specialization program and I totally recommend it. Awesome courses, the 4 of them, challenging projects and great material and classes from both Scott and Joe.

VV
Nov 13, 2020

Really enjoyed the class and the specialization. Reading data from csv files, then displaying it graphically, tied it all together very well.

51 - 73 of 73 Reviews for Python Data Visualization

Sep 14, 2020

great

By Ananthu r M

Dec 12, 2020

Good

By MONISHA M

Jun 6, 2020

good

By balaji

Apr 9, 2019

good

By Ganapathi N K

Jun 1, 2018

Nice

By Gunin G

Aug 10, 2020

Thanks to the teachers and mentor for this special course that taught me different packages and ways of scripting in Python environment. I feel this is relevant for automation and I am hopeful that I will going to apply this knowledge in my professional life soon.

However, I still believe Python Pandas could be another interesting platform for analysis and visualization. Georeferenced maps (ESRI shapefile) can be plot through Python 'GeoPandas'. Data science use Pandas due to its excellent capability for analyzing huge datasets. So, I would request that this course should include that amazing stuff as well.

By Daniela R L

Oct 19, 2020

Even though the practice and final project for this class was a little harder than the previous ones, I felt like I had a little bit more understanding of the problems. It felt great when I submitted the final project and it passed with 100!

By Sudhanshu C

Jun 15, 2020

Rigorous course which makes you think a lot. Not a difficult but fun course.

By 卓玛多杰

Aug 23, 2020

It is quite challenging and provides a basic knowledge of python plotings.

By Vsevolod H

Apr 20, 2020

It is more about python basics, nor data visualization exactly

By israel r g

Feb 13, 2021

Very useful materials and funny instructures

By Dennis J B S M

Dec 1, 2020

Great course but last week needs more videos

By Arash

Jan 28, 2020

the course needs to be more through in describing the modules

By Weerachai Y

Jul 3, 2020

thanks

By Md. T H B

Sep 10, 2020

2 star for first the first 2 courses! the last two course assignments are way too vague and insane level difficult. I dont know how I solved it, but literally it killed my times for no reason. Too much hard to solve the assignments as the materials are not covered in the lectures.

the owl test performs poorly , it shows error even if your local idle can provide actual output. In some cases the grader has its own rule. I bet it will take a months to solve last 2 courses if you dont have any prior knowledge of python.

By Parth M S

The course is been titled for Data Visualization but the same is not reflected strongly in the contents. I was expecting more videos on pygal and matplotlib. Seems that I'm not sure i learned them or not.

By Kristoffer H

Mar 29, 2018

Focus more on Python dictionary skills rather than learning to use matplotlib, Bokeh or Seaborn libraries.

By JAVIER E A

Mar 24, 2021

la teoria de los videos no tiene absolutamente nada que ver con las practicas. No entiendo que en los videos te enseñen a moverte por la documentación de python y en las practicas te pongan unos ejercicios infernales.

By Abdurrachman M