Back to Quantitative Foundations for International Business

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Quantitative Foundations for International Business by University of London

4.0

This course provides the essential mathematics required to succeed in the finance and economics related modules of the Global MBA, including equations, functions, derivatives, and matrices. You can test your understanding with quizzes and worksheets, while more advanced content will be available if you want to push yourself. This course forms part of a specialisation from the University of London designed to help you develop and build the essential business, academic, and cultural skills necessary to succeed in international business, or in further study. If completed successfully, your certificate from this specialisation can also be used as part of the application process for the University of London Global MBA programme, particularly for early career applicants. If you would like more information about the Global MBA, please visit https://mba.london.ac.uk/. This course is endorsed by CMI...

DK

It was interesting course and i really enjoyed a lot. Thanks to all professor to deliver the great lectures and thanks to University of London to organized such a great course.

AM
Aug 31, 2020

This course was really good because I remembered all the maths I learned during my career and now I understand why these mathematical operations are so important in Business.

76 - 93 of 93 Reviews for Quantitative Foundations for International Business

By Anthony V d V

Sep 25, 2017

I found the material already difficult to grasp in the video's and the quality of English of the presenters did not help.

By Sandile M

May 10, 2021

The course delivery must be improved drastically. Its not interactive and feels monotonous.

By Alice T

Aug 9, 2017

não se explica matematica falando. e sim dando exemplos.

By Nimish B

Aug 5, 2018

very basic

By Fazal M F

Mar 20, 2017

It was painful to work through the videos at first place, for more than one reasons. Very linmited (I would say insufficient) and inconsistent use of background data (diagrams, equations, symbols,pointers) on the board to support what was been talked about. It felt like a plain reading of mathematical expressions and descriptions. As a consequence I had to completely rely on the www to learn the topics covered so I could do the exercises. If that is how the standard of tutoring is to unfold for UoL Global MBA program (to which this is a foundation), I would seriously reconsider my decision to go for. I have been into a MOOC UCL and regret to say this course (Quantitative Foundations for International Business) is a big disappointment. Hope someone listens and th

By Will C

Jul 8, 2018

this course should be titled 'mathematical foundations for international business' since too complicated to validate to another institution once completed: the name isn't descriptive enough as it is now: please find a way to better expose the mathematical concepts: letting a doctoral student reading cards behind the camera (even being super kind) does not help that much: see how KhanAcademy does with such processes, using screencast underscoring the equations, formulations, stat', etc. Way easier to understand from their platform.......finally, what a shame discovering that the course isn't given by the King's College prof himself, but entirely delegated to his doc' student. cheap experience

By David O

Dec 26, 2019

Poor course. The content and overall structure is right but the video lectures are bad. Unintelligible English from non-native speakers and very poor explanation of the concepts. However the exercises are a useful recap of key concepts (you won't learn anything from the lectures but the content will indicate the subject areas one should review and the exercises are globally OK). Overall though, this is the worst course I have taken on Coursera (of 20+ courses).

By ALEXANDRE J D S

Aug 24, 2020

With regard to praise, know that I usually praise when I really like the result: and believe me, these classes were not very good. I have been a student of MOOC Coursera for a long time. Whenever I can I evaluate the courses with immense sincerity. You can see the lack of explanation and the care that you did not take with the explanations and reviews. And that can only mean one thing: you need to improve this course ... this is the secret.

By Henrique d O G

Jul 27, 2020

Terrible. I believe this is the worst online course I ever took. The lecturer, Elanora Muzzapappa, I'm sure is an incredible professional and academic but has no skills in speaking or lecturing. It always seems like she was reading from some prompter and she even made clumsy mistakes along the course. Real let down, since the first two courses were so great.

By Denis K

Mar 24, 2017

If you have higher education, and studied derivatives and matrices, this course is a quick review and test of your skills. If you never studied course subjects, you would hardly be able to learn them through this course. I completed it as a part of specialization, that's the only reason.

By Christopher H

Sep 9, 2017

Felt like I was in a SAT math Kaplan review course. The video lectures were extremely boring and the professor basically reading formulas from a teleprompter. I fail to see the relevance and connect to international business as they relate to practical matters.

By Victor F

Sep 8, 2020

Although the course is about quantitative foundations for International Business, it has nothing to do with international business. It only deal with basic simple mathematical concepts. It is not an intermediary level course, but a basic one.

By monique f

Sep 10, 2018

Incredibly weak. I knew the subject and managed to understand because I had complete knowledge of what they were teaching before starting the course, but recommend redoing this course, because it's confusing and doesn't explain anything.

By Jorge E R P

Jul 24, 2020

Only a real basic course. The worse is be in front of the computer and see how the teacher and his assistant ONLY read a teleprompter, it's a LACK OF RESPECT with the students. Boring and disrespected.

By Abu Z

Jan 4, 2020

I complete this course but I really don't like the way the lectures taught us. My advise, please don't waste time with this course.

By RAPHAEL N

Jul 20, 2017

It lacked clear equations and examples on how to do the calculations. It was difficult to put into practice what they presented.

By Devesh R

May 4, 2020

The teacher did not explain anything properly. I had to learn from youtube.

By Laura L

Jan 24, 2021

I didn not find it useful