Back to Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 9, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP
Jul 10, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

326 - 350 of 2,031 Reviews for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

By Foteini I

Jan 8, 2021

Ήταν τιμή μου να με δεχτήκατε σε αυτό το μάθημα. Εύχομαι οι γνώσεις που αποκόμισα να με βοηθήσουν στην επαγγελματική μου αποκατάσταση! Σας ευχαριστώ και πάλι!!!

By Fatima A H A

Jul 22, 2019

It was great to learn about SEO as I was quite curious about it. The course is well-organized and the content is valuable to the beginners in the field like me.

By Jaya S

Mar 12, 2016

I come with zero knowledge in SEO. But since the introduction lesson is good, even I getting to understand about SEO quickly. Thumbs up for the course director.

By J G B

Jan 15, 2021

Very Well Done! I really appreciated the instructor's experience and the way she shared her knowledge. The real world examples and stories were enlightening.

By Jordan N

Feb 4, 2019

Loved the information, the links and reading material really helped in understanding SEO. Plus the course load wasn't too much or too little. Thanks a bunch!

By Marco R G R

Mar 27, 2018

Information is very clear, and the time we need to spend to keep up in the course is perfect for someone who is working and only have few time left in the day.

By Tunahan T C

Jan 5, 2021

This is very detailed course for the beginners ı lke it very much.I alway try to follow this kind of course in coursera.I love that platform and its teachers.

By Kavinda b T

Dec 20, 2020

Absolutely Stunning! I've learnt the basic of SEO well in this course. I recommend this to who has an inexpiable curiosity and also passion about SEO industry

By Bharadwaj G

Dec 9, 2017

This course has provided me with huge opportunities to kick-start my career in SEO and also taught the best possible practices that webmasters must abide for.

By Edward C

Nov 1, 2017

Difficult and a lot to take in. Still unsure where to start or where to being with a career in SEO. I guess ill take some more courses until it becomes clear.

By STEFANIA V

Dec 26, 2020

Very useful! I enjoy the courses. Learn a lot about how it works in the past and how it works now . That makes me think in a different way more professional.

By Muhammad A

Aug 30, 2020

This course helped to gain a better understanding of how search engines work and how we can optimize our content for the users as well as the search engines.

By Waleed S K

Apr 16, 2017

A great course for someone who has no idea about what is SEO and how it works. The course just covers the basics but it can serve as a good foundation stone!

By Shashi P

Aug 11, 2016

Great information in the simplest way. This is an art to master this skill & I must say that our instructor is adept at it. Thanks for this wonderful course.

By Courtney D

Aug 25, 2017

Great content and flow of the class. It provided a lot of useful information in a way that wasn't overwhelming or intimidating. Professor was great as well!

By BEATRIZ D D S P

Aug 10, 2020

Conteúdo direto e objetivo, professores qualificados que compartilhar experiências de trabalho, permitindo um maior entendimento prático acerca do assunto.

By Amzal A

Aug 9, 2020

Excellent Course.. I had zero knowledge on SEO before taking this course. Now I have a very good understanding. Willing to continue on this specialization.

By David B

Jun 7, 2020

Learning about a complex and not easy to teach topic was made easy through UC Davis. I am looking forward to pursuing more classes part of SEO course path.

By Ashley H

May 4, 2020

Great course to take, enjoyed the lectures and the reading. It was quite an interesting class that I know will be beneficial for me in my future endeavors.

By Amelie M

Sep 22, 2017

I really want to say thank you, that you give anybody the chance to learn more about search engine optimization. Looking forward to see at the next course!

By Terry C

Nov 18, 2020

This was a great intro to get me into SEO. I appreciate the attention to what it takes to get a job in SEO plus the amount of history that was explained.

By Naman M

Oct 11, 2020

This was very helpful to me, as I wanted to apply this in my latest project, a website. I will surely keep learning and will enroll for the other courses.

By Umanga K

Sep 7, 2020

Very good course for an absolute beginner- you get to learn the history, most importantly the best SEO practices and what working in the industry is like.

By Rhoshini S

Aug 31, 2020

It was an extremely useful an beneficial course. I enjoyed it very much. I am very sure that the knowledge gained will help me in near future. Thank you.

By Neeraj K

Jun 13, 2020

I loved this course. this course is really helpful and highly suggested to you for pursuing. I m thankful to Coursera for providing this wonderful course.