Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP
Aug 14, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

AN

This course is very well designed and easy to understand because of dedicated and experience personnel who are delivering the content. Use of case study is well planned at various sections in course.

126 - 150 of 912 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Frida A F F

May 26, 2017

Very interesting!, I learned a lot, which is very useful for my professional formation. I'm actually graduating from Eng. in Natural Renewable Resourses and I'm really looking forward to work in this sector. Thank you very much for uploading this course!

By Felipe A D V

Jul 30, 2018

The course is very good. It covers many topics of interest in the management of solid waste at the same time it details important legal and administrative aspects. It is undoubtedly an excellent course to have a first approach to solid waste management.

By Navy R A

Nov 13, 2016

Es un curso que te actualiza y te abre puertas para que continues indagando temas en el area de los residuos solidos. Me pareció un curso que brinda herramientas claves para poder aprender sobre el manejo de residuos solidos en países en desarrollo.

By S.Deepan M

Feb 29, 2016

Thanks COURSERA and special thanks to Dr. Christian Zurbrügg, Imanol Zabaleta ,Félix Schmidt for providing the vital materials ,techniques and strategy... if i'm not wrong ..this type of small things (MSWM) may change the world waste handling.....

By Rene R D

Nov 14, 2020

An excellent course that gives you a lot of knowledge and tool to apply in order to improve the waste management in your community, city and/or country , with a lot of reference of successful examples from all around the world , totally recommended

By Mthandi V C

Feb 22, 2020

Greetings.

The course was absolutely amazing, and it totally exceeded my expectation. The outline and presentation of the course was easy to use and understand. The course is very relevant and does enhance one knowledge.

Kind regards

Mthandi V. Conco

By Kevin C

Jun 25, 2018

This was the first course I took of the four courses offered by s SandecI have since taken all four and intent study sanitation management likely sewer and water at the California State University at Davis. Thank you much sincerely Kevin Cleveland

By Carlo M C

May 14, 2020

It contains original content. Presenters are well aware of the content of the course and very often add experiences that enrich the topics. I love that they present real cases so we can better understand concepts that might appear to be abstract.

By vivek v p

Aug 1, 2016

I was surprised to see web-based learning has achieved such a great level, and this course is exactly the manifestation of it. Powerful slides, excellent teaching and valuable data- these three things make this course one of the best on Coursera!

By BHAVISH K R K

Sep 29, 2020

It enlightened the threats that we are facing do u our mismanagement and motivated me to work on some aspects of the process. I way the course goes is explicit and loved every second of the course except the modules on policies and legislations.

By Ramu

Feb 8, 2017

It is a detailed course on the topic unlike others, insightful case studies from across the globe and other. Nice Infographics throughout the course . I strongly recommend everyone to look into the course and make our world a safe place to live.

By Pedro R

Mar 26, 2016

En mi opinion es un curso rapido, sintetico y completo referido a la gestion de los residuos que te abre la mente a posibilidades reales de aplicacion de los conocimientos adquiridos para solucionar los problemas en tu vecindario, ciudad o país.

By Paola A G

Aug 22, 2020

El curso ofrece conceptos y valores que a lo largo del estudio de los residuos han sido ignorados, creo que es importante tomar este curso sea o no tu rubro, debido a que todos hacemos basura, y con este conocimiento podemos ser mas conscientes

By Nour K

Mar 25, 2020

I love this course it's full of knowledge that is presented by an awesome teachers.. I'd highly recommend it to various people who have interest in environmental science.. I have learned a lot and I wanna apply some of it thank you so much ♥️

By Georgina S

Dec 2, 2016

This course provided a great balance, reviewing the main available literature along with presenting super-practical applications, and a good mix of information about policy, science and human behaviours. I've recommended it to my entire team!

By Stephanie C W L

Jul 12, 2020

Very detailed course and easy to follow. All the instructors were great. The supplemented key readings are extremely helpful. I've learned so much on the subject and can't wait to apply all the knowledge I've gained into real-life practice!

By soubhagya c b

Mar 28, 2021

Thank you !!! for this amazing course on solid waste management. Being a practitioner it really helped me to shape my vision in context of developing countries. Thanks to Eawag ,special thanks to Imanol for amazing explanations on subjects.

By Rudolf M

Sep 12, 2020

This is a well structured course focusing on all the important important aspects of solid waste management. It is explained in simple terms with lots of case studies and examples. These were especially helpful in understanding the concepts.

By Hou C

May 12, 2016

This course provides comprehensive knowledge and gave me a whole picture of municipal solid waste management. I learnt basic concepts and terms which are fundamental for my near future formal schooling and the following career in this area.

By Ashish P

Jan 10, 2017

exceptional course !!! The tutors have put in a lot of hard work and the materials are quality rich and has a lot of learning. I feel very much equipped after the course. Millions thanks to the course providers and the whole team of eawag

By Diego S

Sep 24, 2019

This course was excellent! I adquired a lot of important and useful information to apply in my daily habits as well as in the professional field. I can now for sure take a more efficient part on making the world a more sustainable place.

By Agustin M C

Nov 10, 2016

It is a very nice course to get access to the general knowledge on the topic. Materials are very good, understandable and easy to follow and complete within the give timeframe. I would recommend it to anyone with interest on the matter.

By Rebeca d C C M

Oct 20, 2019

This course provides the necessary information about waste management and different aspects such as legal , economic and social. It gives the perfect introduction to topics such as, composting, biogas production and situational analysis

By Juan D B V

Sep 12, 2017

This course is a good review of solid wastes management, I want to know more about how to make renewable energies from solid wastes, I am Chemical Engineer and I want to work on this field thank you for your collaboration on this course

By ERIKA A

Mar 11, 2018

Me encantó el curso, lo conveniente para mi hubiera sido el curso en idioma español latino, todo el conocimiento adquirido me servirá mucho en mi carrera sobre Gestión ambiental estoy muy agradecida por brindarme toda esta información.