Back to Business Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Strategy by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn how organizations create, capture, and maintain value, and how it is fundamental for sustainable competitive advantage. You will be able to better understand value creation and capture, and learn the tools to analyze both competition and cooperation from a variety of perspectives, including the industry level (e.g., five forces analysis), and the firm level (e.g., business models and strategic positioning). • Understand how managers coordinate different functional areas, resources, and systems inside a company and align them with the external environment to enhance overall performance • Knowledge of strategic management tools and frameworks, and apply them to real business contexts Process diverse business and industry information to diagnose strategic issues, evaluate strategic alternatives, and formulate a coherent and actionable strategic plan • How to think like a CEO, entrepreneur, or general manager. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

HL

Aug 26, 2018

I am really honored to review this course. The course and the Professor was really having a high practical approach. 4th Module was little bit confusion although it was a great time doing the course.

TW

Aug 11, 2016

I really enjoyed the case studies in this course and the education on various frameworks felt like I could immediately use the material in real world scenarios. Highly recommended course materials.

76 - 100 of 128 Reviews for Business Strategy

By Maher

Jun 21, 2018

I have really enjoyed this course. The style of learning and assignments are designed to maximize learining experince .. it is ighly recomended

By Юрий Р

Dec 31, 2017

Very interesting course.

By Neha J

Oct 30, 2018

Porf. Deepak is simply outstanding. I would be taking more of his courses as his style and method of explaining the concepts is superb

By Raul N C G

Nov 02, 2018

Excellent course! Well-thought of and prepared. Very appealing selection of case study and the soccer examples are solid choices with a rather broad appeal.

By Zizhuo X

Aug 31, 2018

I like the case study part of this course. Very interesting and I do learn a lot from the studies.

By Jerry D

Jul 10, 2018

Great course! Professor Somaya is an excellent instructor. You will not be disappointed.

By Jeremy M B

Jul 11, 2018

Great professor with valuable insights! Highly recommend!

By Greg T

May 02, 2019

Really awesome course that I found I was able to connect to my

By rohit c a

Apr 20, 2019

great learning experience

By Sergio A M M

May 07, 2019

Excellent course. I really enjoyed.

By Kyle B

May 12, 2019

I've loved this course. The lectures are concise but interesting, and I like that the professor seems to have written his own book (available as a PDF) to supplement it. Unlike in some of the other courses, the professor seems to have put a bit of thought and creativity into the way that he presents the material, and it somehow feels more personal than the other courses.

I also like the open-ended and longer-form writing assignments. It really helps see whether the other students we're grading actually UNDERSTAND the material, and from time to time I learn something from the way others have constructed their responses.

By CAROLINA P P

Apr 08, 2019

Was great to understand the environment and new strategies that are good

By Fredjoger B M

May 20, 2019

Great course!

By Helen F

Jun 09, 2019

Excellent course material!

By Irtiza A

Jun 16, 2019

Perfect courser for new bee's in business strategy

By Jason T

Jun 11, 2019

Very Good Course. Really useful systems PESTEL, VAR, even SWOT!

By Sandeep K

Jun 11, 2019

Great course!

By Edmundo X G M

Jun 12, 2019

Awesome Lectures

By Nikhil V V

Jun 12, 2019

Prof. Somaya makes the class very interesting!!

By Judy D

Jun 18, 2019

Very informative. At first I wasn't looking forward to writing a paper every week, but it definitely helped to reinforce and fully understand the lessons. Professor Somay provided very clear explanations and I enjoyed his use of soccer to explain concepts. It's a great class to learn about business strategy.

By Sebastian B

Jul 08, 2019

Very engaged course, I enjoyed it a lot!

By Rachid H

Jul 20, 2019

I like it ! Thank professor Deepak Somaya !

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Michael F M

Jul 29, 2019

Dr. Somaya is excellent. Lectures, readings, videos are all well done!

By Igor M

Aug 09, 2019

I gained a lot of new and useful knowledge about business strategy