Back to Advanced Business Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Business Strategy by University of Virginia

Advance your strategic analysis skills in this follow-up to Foundations of Business Strategy. In this course, you'll learn the tools to analyze strategy across time (competitive dynamics), industries ( corporate strategy), geographies (international strategy), and institutions (non-market strategy). We'll introduce the tools you need to complete a comprehensive evaluation and understand the strategy dynamics of an industry: Competitive Lifecycle, Internationalization and Stakeholder Analyses, and Diversification Matrices. We'll apply these tools in case studies of industry leaders Disney, Orascom Telecom Holding, Sony, and GE Healthcare India....

AS

Nov 11, 2017

Great Course and excellent insight about strategy approach for any business. Its has really given a full overview about business strategy approach.\n\nThanks for professors to design such module.

MM

May 26, 2016

Really advanced thinking in strategy, excellent work by Darden Business School. Particular appreciation for Prof. Jared D. Harris and Mike Lenox for their competency in the subject matter.

51 - 75 of 96 Reviews for Advanced Business Strategy

By Braylon Z D

Mar 16, 2016

Fantastic! Peter!

By Mateo M

Mar 07, 2016

A great course, very good methodology, the explanation of teachers is very clear, the examples used are of great help in understanding the course topics. It fully met expectations.

By Arun K G

Jul 08, 2016

Awesome fundamentals on Corporate Strategy ..refreshed my MBA skills

By Felipe A d S F N

Feb 01, 2017

Is this a fabulous course, complete, that covers many areas of business strategy. I recommend.

By SAMEER R

Sep 22, 2016

Very good course ..

By dawayne s

Dec 03, 2015

Another great class. Really gets you thinking. I doubt I will unlearn anything from this course. Good stuff.

By José d J D L C G

Dec 02, 2015

Excellent course and teacher. Congratulations!!

By Aidin B

Mar 30, 2016

well prepared course with very clear material. Thank you

By Gajanan S B

Mar 30, 2016

W

By ARVIND M

Sep 09, 2017

A great course that to know more about business strategy after you have undergone the first course Business Strategy.

By Fabian M

Dec 06, 2017

Excellent continuation of first course. Will empower me to choose carefully which businesses to invest in as a stock market investor.

By Faiz C

Aug 07, 2016

A comprehensive specialization for advanced business strategy.

Very professional course from a world class university.

By Arvy S

Mar 01, 2016

I enjoyed taking the class... the video lectures were great with clear real life examples. One of the better classes I have taken i Coursera

One suggestion : rather than just reading a case study weekly, we can do some analysis like PEST or 5 Forces and have a peer review. This builds confidence towards capstone.

By SHIH H Y

Jul 07, 2016

Useful course, really helpful to my consulting case interview

By Pamela M

Dec 16, 2015

Hi,

The course lessons are practical, with case studies that helps you to internalize the concepts and visualize ways that you can apply it realistic examples.

By Naji A

Apr 12, 2016

Very well structured, valuable content/tools and concise (to the point).

By Andrew J

Sep 29, 2018

Solid strategy course. I am so glad I took this class.

By Eliana H

Aug 28, 2018

It´s a challenging and interesting experience.

By IBLE,Phynora R

Aug 19, 2018

Learned a lot that I can actually use at my workplace.

By Eduardo A d O

Nov 07, 2018

This course is well planned and managed. the instructors and material very well developed.

By Alokenanda L

May 04, 2019

Fantastic course! The various sections and tools are extremely relevant for applying to just about any company for assessing their competitive position. I tho

By Yash B

May 09, 2019

The professor is really great!

By ADITYA S

May 27, 2019

It's help

By Aniket G

Jun 04, 2019

One of the best courses for advanced business strategy. I definitely learnt a lot from this, especially international strategy and stakeholders who actually can hold our success. Thanks a lot for knowledge.