Back to Advanced Business Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Business Strategy by University of Virginia

Advance your strategic analysis skills in this follow-up to Foundations of Business Strategy. In this course, you'll learn the tools to analyze strategy across time (competitive dynamics), industries ( corporate strategy), geographies (international strategy), and institutions (non-market strategy). We'll introduce the tools you need to complete a comprehensive evaluation and understand the strategy dynamics of an industry: Competitive Lifecycle, Internationalization and Stakeholder Analyses, and Diversification Matrices. We'll apply these tools in case studies of industry leaders Disney, Orascom Telecom Holding, Sony, and GE Healthcare India....

AS

Nov 11, 2017

Great Course and excellent insight about strategy approach for any business. Its has really given a full overview about business strategy approach.\n\nThanks for professors to design such module.

MM

May 26, 2016

Really advanced thinking in strategy, excellent work by Darden Business School. Particular appreciation for Prof. Jared D. Harris and Mike Lenox for their competency in the subject matter.

76 - 97 of 97 Reviews for Advanced Business Strategy

By DEEPAK R

Jul 24, 2019

Good course, provided some good insights and strategist toolkit is the best part about these courses.

By Vikas K

Aug 01, 2019

Course videos are well explained by both Professors,very convincing and methodoligical.

By Mohamed T O

Aug 30, 2019

Excellent material and I would love to see more advanced topics to be discussed in the future

By Marcelo H

Sep 11, 2019

Great Course

By Muhammad I s M Z

Mar 07, 2019

This course truly enhanced my skills/ knowlwdge.

By Yatin K

Mar 08, 2019

All topics are well explained

By Yuduan L

Nov 03, 2015

Very useful course!

By Delmy N A

Sep 14, 2016

great introductory course. i been able to apply these concepts in my work.

By José M D C

Nov 16, 2017

I wish better slides material with clearer structure

By Glenda D

Aug 01, 2017

I enjoyed the content, the case studies were really good to analyze and understand the reality of these strategies. I specially enjoyed the stakeholders management study case in which media, government and community really had an impact on the execution and implementation of the GE company. Let's keep learning!

By Elvis G B L

Sep 04, 2016

Great Course! However, not so happy with scoring methods

By Andrius R

Dec 02, 2015

My first course on Coursera was Fundamentals of Business Strategy, by professor M. Lenox. When I saw this course coming, I had no doubt I have to take it. I like it for being short, compressed, professional and straight to the point!

By Mansingh N

Feb 06, 2016

The content was very good and informative. It just that I couldn't relate the later part of the module as I have not been a part of any industry as such.

By gaanji s k

Sep 10, 2018

Very interesting topic and very helpful for me and will be great for others

By Hannes K

Nov 22, 2018

The first chapter is very repetitive and the multiple choice questions are also not very smart. The cases are nice though and all in all I feel much better prepared to analyse a company's strategic position after having taking these two courses.

By Lisa N

Aug 01, 2018

I liked the course and course content but the concept of peer reviewing and waiting for someone to peer-review your final assignment is really tiring.

By Sergio A d O

Aug 16, 2019

The lessons could have more exemple and explaning by exemple

By Mahimn B

Mar 27, 2018

it was a good course however there could be areas of improvement

By Michael V

Aug 01, 2017

Some interesting information given in this course. But I think the overall quality and use of the same nomenclature throughout the material can be improved.

By Sachin M

Sep 15, 2016

I'm new to Business Strategy, with previous background in Engineering. The course seriously lacks notes and proper definitions of the concepts. You will have to do your own research to understand the definitions. Also, you are expected to review 3 other projects. When you are a student yourself, how can you be expected to fairly grade your peers? I'm really not sure how useful this is going to be towards actually using it. I mean, will an employer find this useful? I don't know.

By ban h

Jun 21, 2019

You have to finish all course before 3 weeks at least.

This is only 4 weeks program but grading takes 3 weeks!

By Brieuc A

Jun 21, 2019

Very light on content and ideas. This course rarely elevates itself above the realm of mundane business chitchat. I wouldn't be disappointed, but calling this "advanced" is frankly pushing things a bit too far.