Back to Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes by California Institute of the Arts

This course is focused on the application of the early UX research to actual user interfaces: the creation of wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes. Along the way we will also discuss: - Responsive web design and mobile web challenges - Mobile-first approach - Web typography - The relationship between design and programming and whether it is important to know how to code - The different web technologies that make the web work, such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, server-side coding, and databases. This course is the continuation of the course Web Design: Strategy and Information Architecture, in which students completed the first half of a large scale project—developing a comprehensive plan for a complex website. If you are intending to complete the assignments in this course to earn a certificate you must complete the Strategy and Information Architecture course first so you have the materials and data needed to begin creating wireframes and mockups in this course. This is the fourth and last course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

KE
Apr 20, 2020

This class balances theoretical knowledge and technical skills. I love that it covered everything from target audience strategy and design trends to code and wireframing instruction.

AT
Oct 7, 2020

Interesting course. Just the right amount of challenge. I liked seeing the two students show their progress as the course went along, this gave a peek into what we're expected to do.

26 - 50 of 156 Reviews for Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes

By OLIVEROS , M A (

Jul 13, 2021

It's a good tool for beginners who wants to be familiar in web design. The contents are comprehensive. Evenn though you're not familiar into coding, but this course will left you familiarize how HTML, CSS and JS works in a basic explanation. It's a big thumbs up for me.

By SİBEL A

Nov 18, 2020

This specialization is really helpful. It is designed for people who do not know anything about graphic design. I am a graphic design graduate, so it was extremely easy for me. The only downside is waiting for peer review. Sometimes we wait for days.

By Heather v H

Jun 8, 2021

O​verall a great experience, I do wish a little more time would have been spent on what button sizes shd be and what standard padding looks like. I especially enjoyed Roman Jaster's courses and his explanation. He's a great teacher and thorough.

By SRISHTI S

Apr 12, 2021

The course was incredibly informative and interesting. Really learned a lot about web design. A big thanks to the faculty of CalArts for helping me through with this and the peers for their review.Great presentation and styles for the classes.

By Don N

Mar 22, 2021

Excellent course from beginning to end. The additional resources the instructor introduced us to — inVision, for example — were inspiring and helpful. I enjoyed and learned from every minute in this course. I was sorry to have it end.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Eleni-Angela V

Dec 27, 2018

Very nice course! I really enjoyed it and learned a lot! I learned how to think and what process to follow to create a website! The professor was excellent! Nice lectures and presentations, with simple examples straight to the point.

By Dariia O

Apr 11, 2020

It's great to structure the knowledge and get key main insights about the topic. I loved reading recommendations. The practical assignments though lacked some more professional feedback (couldn't learn much from peers' reviews).

By Yurshevich A O

Apr 28, 2021

Thanks! Great course! I took over all the specialization in a month and in the same month I simultaneously handed over work on my first application and the first website! Everything is successful! Thank you so much for the info!

By kesha p

Apr 21, 2021

Great Course!!! Learned a lot about UI/UX, was able to get more depth of what typeface is, colours, visual elements, how to do visual mock-ups, what is wireframe, sitemap, content map, functional specification and scope.

By Tania A

The course is very good, not only the teachings also gives you pages and tools that I did not know before and have turned out to be very useful. The interviews at the end of each week are extremely inspirational.

By Ammi T

Oct 8, 2020

By Naoki W

I learnt how to from wireframe to clickable visual mockup. I figured out there are a lot to learn in "design" and want to learn more. Next time I want to take a UX course.

By Violet V

Feb 9, 2021

Well rounded course with design, prototyping, and a smidge of ux tips. Better track than the other university's UX & Design. I learned so much, A+ course, no complaints.

By Mona M

Oct 21, 2021

This is an amazing course, the lecturer has a great charisma and the material is well prepared, you will get the difference once you experience other courses out there.

By ARITRO K S

Oct 6, 2021

The course was great, with detailed explanation and a lot of examples. The assessments and quizzes were very helpful. My experience with this course was really awesome.

By Caiuby F

Feb 25, 2021

A lot of wokr to finish all the assignments but it feels good and they were very well balanced throughout this specialization. Congrats for the material. :)

By Arsalan A

Nov 29, 2020

Wow, this course was so amazing. It changes my way of work. Now I am satisfied and confident in myself that I can deliver high-quality work for my clients.

By Lyndsay L

Sep 21, 2021

Fantastic course! Roman Jasper is extremely knowledgeable, organized and detailed in his teaching. The projects help to enforce the curriculum.

By Cande. F

Oct 1, 2021

The experience was so amazing !! <3 All the UI/UX especialization courses of are excellent. All the time i spend in each course worth it !

By Nicolas B

Jun 12, 2019

I learn a great deal of subjects during this course, this final course brought all the work together and see your prototype live paid off.

By Sidia C

Nov 7, 2019

Amazing course. Gives you everything you need to get a good foundation of knowledge in this field and offers many great resources.

By Shubhra V

Aug 6, 2020

Absolutely Amazing. Loved it. Could have been more useful if you would have included a tutorial to use Adobe or illustrator

By Jeffrey J

Quite interesting and very good videos and lots and lots on material to read and work on to become better at Web Design...

By Carlos E F F

Feb 20, 2021

The content of this course is very rich, the methodology is straight forward and Roman Jaster is an amazing instructor!