Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

276 - 300 of 1,063 Reviews for Business Writing

By Dr.Madhuri G S

Jul 20, 2020

This course is really a compact and useful to all the learners to develop their skill in effective communication

By Elisabetta V

Jan 5, 2020

The course is well-organized. Its content is clear and accessible also to non-native English-speakers.

Thank you.

By Pavel D

Sep 29, 2018

Business Writing course clearly shows how to write concise texts understandable for readers. I loved the course.

By Kara-Marie H

Sep 4, 2021

Excellent course. Although I don't write memos, the course covers the writing basics that everyone should know!

By Salvador V P G

Coursera certificate can be improved in design, call Dave to change it.

Thank you all, it was fun and easygoing.

By Cormac D

Dec 17, 2019

An insightful course that makes you mindful of your written communications and how to make them more effective.

By Olti G

Dec 14, 2016

Well taught and great content .... what you learn is very useful, especially thanks to practical exercise tests

By Deborah W

Feb 7, 2021

Very interesting and straightforward tips that can easily uplift your communication skills when applied daily.

By Kasuntha M

Nov 11, 2020

Great course to get a detailed idea about business writing with practical approach. Thank you for the support.

By Nivaz L

You will get clarity about writing. My favorite is "Say what you want to say, Say and Say what you just said".

By Monir I H B

Feb 19, 2018

This is the best writing course I've ever taken. Simple, concise and effective. Many thanks to the instructor.

By Rebecca L

Jan 22, 2017

This course taught me new skills for outlining and self-editing that have already improved my writing process.

By Patel M A

A very good experience with Dr Quentin McAndrew

every one should enrol this course to learn this great skill

By Promise O E

Sep 1, 2020

MY FIRST ONLINE COURSE AND THE EXPERIENCE WAS WORTH IT ,,, I'D LOVE TO TAKE ANOTHER ONE IN A FEW WEEKS TIME!

By Rogin O

Jul 15, 2020

Thank you so much for the opportunity it really helps me a lot to enhance my Business Writing skills. Kudos!

By amr h

Mar 6, 2019

I loved my instructor so much, she was passionate about what she was presenting and simplifying the content.

By Anirudh R

Aug 7, 2017

A great course for anyone willing to be courteous to their colleagues and effective in conveying themselves.

By Deepesh Y

May 23, 2021

Very good course if you want to improve your Business writing which is essential for day to day activities.

By Geoffrey K

Mar 11, 2021

The course teaches critical business writing skills, editing and proofreading. I loved auditing the course.

By SEAH Y Y

Jan 6, 2021

Great skills to be picked on the different aspects of business writing. Definitely be of help in my career.

By Harry W

Aug 27, 2020

This course is elegant and efficient. The principles are valuable and easy to use. I recommend this course.

By vivek s

Oct 8, 2020

Its an eye-opener literally. I have started looking at my reading the writing in a different light. Thanks

By Ankur K

Jul 8, 2019

Course was well designed and informative. I really recommend this course to all professionals who wants to

By Nicolas I

Jan 16, 2018

Very concise and easy to follow. It gives simple but usefull tips on how to improve your business writing.

By Njagi N

Nov 17, 2020

Great and very informative course with lecturers who made it easy for students to understand its content.