Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

101 - 125 of 901 Reviews for Business Writing

By Khanh D

Jun 28, 2020

The course is really helpful for me. I like how Dr. Quentin expressed her own experience of bad writing. I related myself a lots and it gave me courage to follow the course to improve my writing.

By Rocha B

May 14, 2020

I loved each of my trainer the kind of energy and knowledge is worth your time. This course gives you a holistic and in depth information on Business writing skills. I recommend this course.

By Mishra A

Nov 30, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE

WHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS

I LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE

GOOD COURSE

By Nelson C J Q

Jun 28, 2020

Easy to follow, funny and well-designed progression! Don't expect to have a lot of further information resources, this course is practical, awesome quizzes and useful specific suggestions.

By Paula I

Nov 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to develop this course, it has been informative and insightful. I look forward to utilizing the knowledge I have gained to present my best self going forward.

By Cherrie J R

Dec 2, 2020

This is the best writing course I encountered so far. At first, I thought writing is harder than I think . Ma'am Quentin proves otherwise. The ten best writing practices are very helpful.

By Zohra A

I enjoyed this course. It was designed to teach critical writing skills in a simplified manner. I enjoyed the peer-review aspect as it gave me a chance to actually practice what I learnt.

By Christine M

Apr 10, 2020

Excellent course for improving business writing skills and writing skills in general. Lessons are chunked up making the learning task much easier and less daunting. 10/10 would recommend.

By Jessica G

Feb 28, 2019

An excellent refresher on the principles of good business writing. We all need to take a course like this and every year or two, to give us a chance to reflect on and improve our writing.

By Shirley ( L

Sep 3, 2020

Great course with simple yet strong content. This class brought many minor things in business writing to my attention. One thing I wish was that we could have more homework for practice.

By Myeong G C

Oct 9, 2019

This course is really helpful to everyone. Students could learn basic witting skills and it covered all level students. I would like to recomemnd it someone who is hesitating to take it.

By Renuka E

Jan 8, 2020

Iam very happy by this coursera in the specialisations of writing, design , and effective communication. After this coursera iam feeling good in bussines writing. Thank for coursera.

By Jessica S

Aug 2, 2020

Es un excelente curso, su contenido es increible, pero desafortunadamente existe una restriccion de fechas que te hace empezar de cero, si te pasas de la fecha establecida.

Es una pena

By Leila T A

Oct 15, 2017

I picked up many useful skills and highly recommend this course to managers at any level. The material is presented in a fun way, and I studied mostly on a bus when commuting to work.

By Janelle D

Sep 14, 2017

It is a great course. It helped me write a proper memo for business. It is one factor why my grades for this semester is high in Operations Management. It was really easy to follow.

By Merle B

Sep 26, 2016

This is a very helpful course that is taught in a fun, interesting way. I have been writing for business for many years and I still learned quite a bit from Dr. McAndrew's course!

By amberwang1987

Dec 14, 2019

This course is amazing. It teaches English writing skills in a concise and highly efficient way. It's very suitable for busy professionals as all the videos are short and compact.

By Alina Z

Jun 18, 2018

It's extremely useful with a lot of practical techniques. I recommend it, first of all, to copywriters, PR managers, but still it can be useful for ordinary professionals as well.

By GUTURU N

May 7, 2020

The course is well structured and easy to understand as well as practice in professional life. Thanks to the team, university, and Coursera for enabling us to improve our skills.

By Alicia P

Feb 7, 2020

I appreciated the lessons about grammar and the recommendations about word choice. I tend to be "wordy," and the writing exercises helped me practice writing in a concise manner.

By Daniela Á K

Nov 5, 2019

Quentin, you are fantastic. This course was incredible. YOU are incredible! Not only do I feel I learned so much, but the experience was absolutely enjoyable. Thank you so much!

By Mubashir M

Nov 20, 2020

Great work by Mrs Quiten both of her colleagues. They really worked hard and developedd a very essential course, whch will certainly many people in the different field of life.

By Akash K S

Oct 17, 2020

The course is short enough to be engaging and dense enough to teach us the basics of good business writing. The more we practice the lessons learned, the more benefit we reap.

By Alisha M

The course emphasizes and coaches on the advancement skills of Writing, Design and Presentation, which are critical and yet to be ingrained in the minds of busy professionals.

By Jorge M

Nov 24, 2020

Es un excelente curso para toda persona que quiere elevar sus habilidades para escribir en el ámbito profesional. Muchas gracias por permitirme ser parte de este aprendizaje.