Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

251 - 275 of 1,069 Reviews for Business Writing

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 9, 2018

Dr. Andrew taught the class exactly according to the best writing practices. That is to write simply, clearly, and concisely.

By SIDDHANT S

Thanks a lot for this course. I can confidently say that i have learned a lot and will serve me a greater purpose in future.

By Eun-young S

Jul 12, 2018

I learned many practical tips. I am more conscious about my writing and started to notice others' mistakes after the course.

By Sue K

Jul 6, 2017

I enjoyed this clear, thorough and well-planned course. I found the information really helpful and easy to apply. Thank you!

By geraldine o

Apr 17, 2021

Quentin was great at teaching this MOOK on Business Writing,! As in the future I will write with clarity, edit and revise!!

By Sumaiya M

Nov 9, 2020

The course contents were designed well. The presenters were well prepared, experienced and whole course was knowledgeable.

By Sahory O P

Aug 20, 2020

Excellent course, it's very simple and straightforward, and gives you several tools that can be applied to every day work.

By Joaquin B

Jun 24, 2020

I really improve my writing skills, I also improve my knowledge and perception about it. I am proud to take this course.

By jennifer s

May 2, 2020

I had a great experience doing this course and appreciate the hard work put in by the facilitators.

Thank you once again!

By Edgielyn B V

Mar 11, 2021

I have learned new knowledge about effective communication especially with building my grammar and good writing skills.

Oct 19, 2016

This was a great course. Lessons were short and sweet, and a lot of tips were given that improved my writing instantly.

By Jessica C

Apr 27, 2020

Very easy to understand and apply. Challenging and tricky question, forces one to remember all best writing practices.

By Md. A A Z

Jan 18, 2021

The course helps me out significantly to develop my writing brief and clear to the readers. I am grateful to Quentin.

By Eze G

Apr 3, 2020

The syllabus is well organized. I learnt business writing from a whole new simplified perspective. Thank you Quentin!

By Marrissa L

Excellent course! Gives you a road map to successful business writing. Companies need to make this course mandatory.

By Debarati B

May 27, 2018

Very professional and useful. Because of time limit, it is a short one - but more details would have been wonderful.

By Ben L

Jun 12, 2019

The course provides a systematic look into business writing. I enjoyed all the videos and tests. Thank you Quentin!

By Aline B L D

Aug 27, 2020

Excelente conteúdo para entender as técnicas mais eficazes para obter uma escrita mais concisa e direta em inglês.

By Javier P M

Aug 21, 2020

I loved this course, it's very useful indeed. We need more of these courses. There's a lot to learn to write well.

By Kang S K

Aug 29, 2018

The simplicity of sentences and the choice of words make it possible to accurately convey what I want to say. good

By 89 N B

Sep 4, 2020

The course was really amazing. It focused on the key points one must keep to brace their business writing skills.

By Ricardo J C

Nov 5, 2019

Excelente herramienta de aprendizaje para mejorar las habilidades de comunicación escrita. Altamente recomendado.

By Dario S

Jan 27, 2019

so much energy! I loved the class and the overall concept. Thank you very much for doing this whole thing for us.

By Archie Y

Jan 27, 2021

I learned business writing on this course. I am aware now how to construct my blog correctly. Thank you so much.

By Obidi S C

Sep 20, 2020

I took the audited version and so far it has been indispensable in my work life especially with business writing