Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS
Jan 9, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

51 - 75 of 885 Reviews for Business Writing

By Abdullah S M

Oct 1, 2020

The course was designed really well. It helps students understand how to write business memos or emails effectively and professionally. I would definitely recommend you to go with this course. It will show you the way to make yourself skillful in the business writing area.

By BHARAT N M

Mar 27, 2017

It was really a great journey to learn Business Writing Skills ! This course did add a lot to my Tool Box for the Writing, Editing & Proof Reading for Good Business Memo. I would like to recommend this course to all those, who want to be a good writer for the Business.

By Shrikaran B

Aug 15, 2020

The course will polish your writing skills in English. After taking the course I'm able to correct the mistakes I make during writing. The course has helped me transform my daily English writing skills. Highly suggest this course even if you are a native English speaker.

By IRIABIJE O T

May 23, 2020

I will recommend this course to anyone. When I started this specialization, I thought I knew what writing entails but thanks to Quinine, who brought so much light to my writing world. I have learned the importance of making your writing concise, simple, and organized.

By Youpheng L

I had a superb learning experience in this course! It covered the essentials and best practices which empower me to write with clarity, confidence, and impacts. I highly recommend this stimulating course to prospective learners who eager to excel in their professions.

By Roshan B P

Jun 21, 2020

Really its a helpful course and the way professor taught with real-life examples and with her energetic and charming face which I think keeps me attentive in class.

It's a highly recommended course for all with any profession and age doesn't matter for this course.

By Nicole M

Aug 2, 2020

This course was a lot of fun!

Dr. Quentin taught the important parts of business writing using her experience. It's great to have learned from one of the best in this field.

My writing has improved a lot.

It will definitely help me with my learning design writing!

By Michael K

Apr 14, 2017

Dr. Quentin McAndrew's "Business Writing" is a strong course. It can be a applied to all forms of business writing; documents, memos, emails, video scripts, and web copy. Be warned, you will never look at another email from your colleagues the same way again.

By Nikita U

Oct 1, 2020

It was very interesting, informative, and worth attending the session. I have learned a lot and also gained insights into the sensitivity of business writing . I look forward to enrolling again in some language courses related to university teaching pedagogy.

By Nancy G G

Dec 2, 2017

I immensely enjoy the persons teaching this course, especially Quinton. She adds a passion to her teaching that makes writing, and even learning grammar an exciting thing! This course seems to simplify what I used to think was so very difficult and confusing.

By Vinal R G

I have noticed the smallest errors that I make while writing my documents and after this course I'm sure I'll be able to deliver a good and attractive document. Also I've become more professional and a better designer in writing my documents and emails.

By Amit S

Dec 13, 2016

Kudos to Quentin and team. i congratulate everyone for putting effort and designing such a beautiful course. i thoroughly enjoyed attending this program. Exceptional presentation. I highly recommend to people who are interested in honing their skills.

By ADI P R

Oct 23, 2020

By learning this course the learners can gain the skills of good writing and the rules for it. This course will be so useful for the learners who want to develop the skills of good writing under the guidance of the Professor. Quentin Mc Andrew madam.

By Maxine J W

Jan 14, 2018

Professional, effective and enjoyable. Gripping, well written and presented lectures, broken into small, easily digest-able chunks of learning. Would recommend this course to all those new to the field of business, be they students or professionals.

By Vedashree J

Oct 3, 2020

It was great to learn from the instructors. It improved my business writing, presentation, and design makes my understanding better. I learned how to correct grammatical mistakes. The quizzes were organized well.Thanks for introducing this course.

By Nathan W

Jun 27, 2020

I loved the writing style tips. The rules for grammar are clear and helpful. Coursera's learning style is convenient. Some grammar mistakes in the course materials (a quick run through Grammarly Pro should solve it), but the content is refreshing.

By Jacob N B

Mar 13, 2018

I love that this course doesn't require me to participate in discussion boards. Very few people ever participate, so it just feels like a waste of time when they're required. The pacing is also perfect. I hope there are more courses like this one.

By Krzysztof N

Sep 22, 2020

Great course, it taught me to pay attention to a lot of writing aspects that I used but was not important or even wrong lie using passive voice, wishy-washy words, lack of structure, and inclusions that I applied way too frequently in my writing.

By Dalia T

Oct 16, 2017

Clear and concise instruction from Professor McAndrew. The best writing techniques are passed down to students in digestible nuggets. I've always had a passion for writing, but this specialization really reinforced that love and honed my skills.

By Mimi

Oct 27, 2016

This course forces you to think about how well you communicate. It emphasizes a "clear and to the point" style. Your writing may not change drastically overnight, but just being aware of the concepts taught in this course will help you improve.

By HILARY H

Jun 17, 2020

To Dr Quentin McAdrew

Good morning, Dr. Thank you for conducting this course. It is very good course indeed and eye opening to me on need to practice best writing practice. Thank you Dr and Good Luck to you.

Regards

Hilary Hiew

17 June 2020

Malaysia

By Radhika S

Jun 9, 2020

The course of Business writing will enhance your skills as well as build confidence within an individual. I would urge each individual to opt this course to enhance your language as well as this will help you be professional in your writing,

By Malgorzata S

Mar 1, 2020

I am very pleased with the contents of the course. Up until starting it, I have not been aware of the many techniques discussed and now that I have finished it, feel much more confident in making my writing more concise. Highly recommended.

By pavithra s

Mar 14, 2019

Brilliant course! Witty mentors. Loved their combo. This entire course is short and crisp with the essential lessons. As they taught the course is in peak of clarity, and brevity. It would be nice if I can get some more videos on designing

By Gladys G M R

Dec 27, 2018

The course was easy to understand and provided many useful tips. I'm very thankful for the effort you made creating such an amazing course, I have no doubt that putting into practice what i've learn, will improve the quality of my writing.