Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

176 - 200 of 901 Reviews for Business Writing

By Lisa L

Mar 23, 2020

As a professional writer, I found this tips great refreshers and a simple way to approach writing, even if the topic is difficult or complicated.

By Insaf K

Sep 13, 2019

The principles taught are simple and will transform the way you write. I am writing more clear, concise and to the point versus before. Thank you

By Christofer S P

Sep 21, 2020

I learned how to write correctly and thoroughly. This is very important because I work in the communications field. Thank you so much, Coursera.

By Lim V T

well taught and the presenter gave valid and helpful writing techniques that i will be putting to good using for all my future copywriting work.

By Maria P

Oct 18, 2019

Although all the information provided in the course is simple and straightforward, I learned new things and structured the ones I already knew.

By ESMAIL H

Nov 11, 2020

Excellent course. Dr. Quentin McAndrew taught exactly according to the best writing practices. That is to write simply, clearly, and concisely.

By Sara S C

Jun 17, 2020

I am really thankful for this course. The course instructor explained everything in detail and I loved the course material and practice quizes.

By Diego S

I recommend the course, it's easy to follow, you learn a lot by doing the quizzes and the dynamics used by the teacher are enjoyable. Thanks!!!

By Omer B

Dec 2, 2020

This course teaches how to write business documents in a clear and efficient way. The tips in this course are practical and easy to implement.

By Syed F M

Sep 21, 2020

The course is very effective and concise. I loved how they approached interactively despite the whole course being a virtual communication.

By Pedro B

Apr 4, 2019

For m e it was helpull to learn new and simple trick that help you write better, concise and most of all in a clear and understandable way.

By Gian G

Nov 27, 2017

Quentin has such a mastery of what makes good writing, and she teaches it so comprehensively and powerfully in her Business Writing course.

By Laura G N

Jan 9, 2017

The course is interactive with short videos and useful quizzes. I totally recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.

By Rogerio R

Jun 25, 2020

The Business Writing section enhanced my writing skills, providing tools that will make my communication clearer, sharper, and succincter.

By APARNA W

It was an amazing experience.She teaches so well.This course has helped me in improving my business writing abilities.Thank you Quentin!!

By Dee A W

Nov 11, 2018

The video instruction by Dr. McAndrew was straightfoward and easy to follow. I have taken all my class notes to work and use them daily.

By Alex C

May 30, 2018

Phenomenal writing course. You will learn all the basics to improve as a business writer. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Ather

Jul 16, 2020

Excellent course for everyone who is willing to write professionally. This course tells you how to write well with clarity and authority

By Devansh P

Dec 6, 2017

Well structured and easy to learn . Covers all the points which can help you in making an efficient and professional business document.

By Pablo V I

Apr 26, 2017

I recommend this course to everybody, it is dynamic, interesting and fun. The purpose is to learn Business English and you will get it!

By Rand N

Jun 25, 2020

This Course is very useful and well organized, it illuminate all critical and important points every writer wants to pay attention to.

By Dhanashree S D

May 4, 2020

I found this course very interestingly designed. The course instructor is very clear in explaning all the aspects of business writing.

By Jared A

Jul 23, 2017

This is an excellent course because it's practical. We apply what we learn immediately. Highly recommend this as a refresher course.

By Theresa S

This was the first course I had taken in over 30 years. I really enjoyed it and am eager to continue on to the graphic design class.

By Ethan B

Aug 15, 2018

This is a great course and the teaching quality is unbeatable. I would recommend to anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.