Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

701 - 725 of 790 Reviews for Business Writing

By Casheera B

Jun 04, 2019

It was a great and interactive course. I love how the tutor made the concepts concise and comprehensive. I started the course a bit wary and intimidated but now I am confident.

By Akkari W

Sep 05, 2019

I liked the course, it contain a lot of usefull tips, and it makes me aware of mistakes that I used to do, it helped me to be more effective and to write more clearly.

By Jake Z

Aug 29, 2018

I really liked the course but after completing week three and the "honor" part of the course I received no peer reviews (I did not wait until the last day).

By Abegail T

Aug 25, 2019

Has definitely changed my presence in work environment. Has improved my confidence in writing . There has been a noticeable change in my work contribution

By Benjamin P

Dec 17, 2019

I found the course very clear, punctual and beneficial. Explanations and examples were interesting and provided great insight into better writing.

By Pavan S

Apr 03, 2020

A must do training for the business professional. It helped to highlight the lower focused errors from the emails, proposals and collateral.

By aditya

Feb 14, 2020

that was a best course i have came across coursera, truly very helpful for my writing skills. looking forward for more courses like this.

By Shveta S

Jul 19, 2017

A quick review of core concepts to add clarity. Just wish it had more practical assignments that enabled us to test our skills.

By Adam N

The course is very comprehensive and useful but I would like to suggest one lesson about writing emails.

By Venkat G

Jul 20, 2018

The course is great . More examples and exercises would have been helpful to master the writing skills.

By Todd B

Mar 05, 2019

I started learning valuable information from this class right away. Thanks for the course, Coursera.

By AMAL R

Jul 28, 2020

The course is really good and helpful, but I would suggest if it included more writing practices.

By Somtochukwu O

Aug 28, 2020

The course was very informative, I learnt a lot, however I think the quizzes were too frequent.

By MOHAMMAD R M

May 16, 2020

This course enhances your writing skills not only in business writing but all over our work.

By Ang B C @ A

Apr 27, 2020

This course is really helpful. It made me realised how length and naggy my writing has been.

By Fabiola M C A

May 12, 2020

This was very insightful, it taught me the basics in structure and have implemented since.

By Faith

Aug 30, 2019

Its an excellent course if you want to improve the way you write for different audiences.

By Srishti B D

Jul 27, 2020

A lovely teacher, an interesting learning experience, helps strengthen basics!

By Astrid H

Jan 30, 2020

it is a very good course but I expected a bit more information about design

By sreeman s

Jun 13, 2020

Amazing course! Could have been been made shorter by clubbing the topics.

By Jean J R I

Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for this amazing experience in writing skills! I learned a lot

By Goddy W

Jan 01, 2020

Clarity above all is key to Good Writing. I'm happy i took this course

By KEIKO M S

Jun 20, 2019

The lectures are easy to understand and very simple, so I can practice

By Nooshin

Dec 01, 2017

It was a great course, but I think need more practice and assignments.

By Esteban B

Oct 24, 2016

Very useful to improve business skills, well structured and practical.