Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM

Jun 01, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

BJ

Jun 03, 2018

Good contents and the logic of the whole course structure is very clear for a novice like me. The weekly homework is also awesome. Would recommend to anyone who wants to learn about computer science.

201 - 225 of 1,556 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Krzysztof D

Nov 25, 2017

It is a very good course! In order not to get lost you should know a bit about graph theory. Since I have natural science background I had do part of Algorithms 1 (also from Cousera) course to be able to do homework. C++ related stuff is easy to understand.

By Enrico G

Dec 08, 2016

I had long expected to have some free time to attend this course,and now I finally did it. It's simply great with practical demo and assignments at the end of each week to test the skills acquired.

For sure I am going to attend the second part of the course.

By Maggie L

Aug 10, 2019

This is indeed a great course!!! It is so challenging and sometimes I spend 2-3 days on the homework. But it's all worth the effort. I now know a bunch of algorithms. I will move on to Algorithm part II for sure. Definitely recommend it to every JAVA user.

By Marina

Sep 05, 2020

This is the best course on algorithms and data structures I have ever taken. Many thanks to those who came up with such practical tasks, who provided the opportunity to learn many algorithms that are very useful in the real world. It was very exciting!!!

By Bilal H A

May 01, 2020

It was absolutely enourmous fun going through the steps of every week. Projects were really on the point and no doubt brilliant in teaching the necessary details to fully comprehend the subject easily. Actually, I am just gonna go and start Part II. Bye.

By Chris S

Jan 01, 2017

Excellent course, concepts are very well explained, with ample amounts of examples. I also really enjoyed how the professor showed real world examples of how the data structures/algorithms are used, so that we aren't learning all this stuff in a vacuum.

By Ioanna N

Jul 11, 2017

Algorithms, Part I is a very interesting course. Prof. Sedgewick is an excellent teacher and presents the concepts in a very clear manner. The projects are particularly interesting and very challenging. I look forward for the second part of the class.

By Aamulya S

Jun 26, 2018

Great Course! Learned a lot from the videos but the greatest part of the course are the programming assignments. Doing them increases algorithmic knowledge ten-fold. Enjoyed the in-depth mathematical discussions on each and every data structure too.

By Yaniv B Z

Apr 08, 2018

One of the best coursers I've seen on Coursera, it is clear, not too slow or too fast. the course structure, and the way the subjects are divided across the weeks make a lot of sense. The book and the booksite are great, and complement the course.

By Nate B

Oct 24, 2016

This is an exceptional course - best I have seen, in fact. I'm excited to take Part 2 (and buy the book). Thanks very much to Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne for putting together such an amazing learning resource and making it freely available.

By Denys L

Jul 21, 2017

Excellent course for anyone who is interested in Algorithms(from students to professionals).

Enjoyed a lot both lectures and practical tasks. Quite time consuming but it worth it.

Many thanks and good wishes to creators and authors of this course.

By Xiang L

Feb 21, 2019

A great thanks to Mr. Robert Sedgewick and Mr. Kevin Wayne. A tribute to Stanford University for providing us such a great course totally for free. The impact of this course is long-lasting and maybe throughout my life as a software developer.

By Chao-Ran W

Oct 16, 2017

My very first course in Coursera and hopefully the first among many that I will proceed to learn from. Never thought I could ever have a chance to learn from such a school as Princeton. My gratefulness is beyond word. Just keep going. Cheers!

By EDGAR F

Aug 16, 2017

A whole new world of possibilities is open through algorithms. This course really unveils the importance of algorithms and the magic behind data management like index and query operations, that makes it possible to model real nature phenomena.

By Thomas P

Oct 07, 2018

Excellent course. The lectures are always well-motivated, and well-structured. The assignments are challenging enough, and properly reinforce the material from the lecture. They also force the student to properly work out any and all details.

By Roya

May 21, 2019

It is one of the best course I have ever passed. It helped me to see the programming problems from a wider view. I really suggest it to anyone who is eager to be a better programmer and to have more profound knowledge about computer science.

By Rahul A N

Apr 10, 2017

The best course I have taken so far for introducing algorithms. I must say the exercises and programming interview questions made the course more interesting and thoroughly tested my understanding. Cheers to the instructors and the team !!!

By Abhijeet

Jun 29, 2020

Course was good amount of challenge. Although some of the instructions were not very clear, I felts they meant to incite curiosity in the student. So that sometimes made me nervous or frustrated but kept busy.

Discussions were very helpful

By AOI

I would like to thank Professor Sedgewick and Mr. Wayne for a well-structured course and excellent assignments. The result of the training will be a clear understanding of the types of algorithms, data structures and their applications.

By Gorbach D V

Oct 11, 2019

Everything was amazing. There is only one thing that upsets me a little. I had a lot of problems sending my homework. When I tried to download my zip archive, nothing happened. Sometimes it took more than 20 attempts to present the result.

By Ashwin R

Aug 25, 2019

Gave more than what was expected. Learned about many important algorithms and data structures in CS, and more importantly, kindled interest in earning about algorithms and encouraged thinking of and improving efficiency of code we write.

By Vig V

Feb 19, 2017

Absolutely wonderful course! Especially the lectures given by Robert! Thanks a lot to Robert, Kevin, and Coursera and all the staff! For this! This is my first Online course ever! And my experience was great all together! Thanks a lot. :D

By Nikhil C B

Jun 28, 2020

The course had a very clear cut explanation of the data structures, where they are used, what are their advantages and disadvantages, the algorithms that are used on the data structure, etc. Overall, the course was worth giving time for.

By Dong C

Jan 24, 2018

The course is for someone who really looks for challenge, the assignment is difficult but amazing, if you really trying hard to do it, even it is not 100/100, you can definitely learn much more than you can think of, highly recommended!

By Radovan S

Jul 20, 2017

I would like to thank all the people involved in preparing this course. Thanks to your effort, you created a great piece of study materials, which helped me to refresh some of my skills that are fading with every year since my studies.