Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

YS

Jul 10, 2019

This course is instructive and challenging at the same time. Now I do wish I know a bit more about python and pandas before I jump in this course. But in the end I managed to get through.

151 - 175 of 203 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

Oct 31, 2019

Amazing Course

By Vivek K

Nov 02, 2019

I Appreciate IBM to Provide me such a Platform. Awesome experience and learnt a lot of things. Thank you once again!!

By Marvin L

Oct 31, 2019

It was very good.. Overall. few things I like to add.

Sharing my notebook from Cloud was not working a lots time.

GitHub , or Jupiter Notebook with simple 2 lines of coding did not work..

Also, a lot of time, cloud machine just spins.. -- without showing it

My resource got close to limit , - Could not add more code..

Instructions were out of date, could not be applied current version

Working with Cloud machine was challenging !!

By Parab N S

An excellent capstone project for Applied Data Science by IBM

By Shannon C R

Excellent! Thanks!

By Folorunsho E

Oct 15, 2019

Quite a long series of lectures, but it's definitely worth every minute. I've come to grow from a rudimentary understanding of data science to a level where i can tackle moderately difficult exercises. It was a thralling learning experience for me.

By Arnab K C

Oct 20, 2019

Very good Capstone

By Тимофеев Е А

Oct 21, 2019

excellent course, a lot of practical work, interesting tasks close to reality

By Piyush L

Oct 21, 2019

This is the best part of the specialization and I learned a lot in this Capstone Project. If you've been doing all of the 8 previous courses, believe me those 8 courses are nothing compared to this course when it comes to putting time and hard work. You will learn a lot of things including web scraping, connecting to a url, using geolocation services to get data about a location. You'll also use foursquare API to get popular venues in a particular location. This project is super interesting but at the same you have to put in a lot of work too! It took me more than a month to do this capstone alone but it can be easily done in around 3 weeks if you're dedicated in completing it.

By Abhishek S

Oct 21, 2019

Great Specialization. I thank the whole team of IBM and Coursera for providing me this valuable knowledge. This specialization is my first stepping stone towards my aim of becoming a Data Scientist.

Also, I would love to convey thanks to Coursera for this wonderful Financial aid program, only because of which I completed this course.

By 李政君(Li Z

Nov 08, 2019

Awesome course! The project is real-life and chanllenging, refereshes my understanding of several important data science concepts as well as programing skills through it.

By Konstantina V

Nov 09, 2019

The best way to learn is to apply things into practice and spend time testing how all these techniques can help you answer the questions you are interested in.

By Roger S

Jan 18, 2019

Hard final assignment. But a good way to wrap up the certificate.

By Hardik R S

Feb 24, 2019

Little bit hard

By Liam M

Mar 12, 2019

A good finish to the course, but a bit too much work. This final project + report + presentation seemed a bit excessive

By Soon K G

Mar 10, 2019

Good course that teaches the fundamentals of Data Science, although not much focus on machine learning.

By Kevin H

Mar 12, 2019

The project more or less limit the ML algorithm to unsupervised learning only

By Varun V

Mar 13, 2019

The course should have explained more about using the Four Squrae API.

By Siddharth J

Mar 24, 2019

Last week took me too much time, but that was my own laziness. The course is well designed and taught me a lot about data cleaning, and strict deadlines are also a good learning. Thank you.

By Nishant V

Apr 08, 2019

Overall this is a tough course, since it mainly involves building your own project with your idea and using the tools,technologies which we have learnt in previous courses.

By Fabio A

May 24, 2019

Very Difficult to finish..big last project

By Seungwon ( S

Jun 09, 2019

touch assignment but it drives me to keep studying and research from several sources on the web. ;)