Back to Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils by University of Minnesota

This course provides an overview of essential oil therapy and current aromatherapy practices in clinical settings and gives you the skills to bring aromatherapy into your own practice. By the end of the course, you will be able to: a) explain what essential oils are to a patient and how they work; b) assess if an essential oil might be beneficial to a patient, considering patient preference and the research evidence, as well as any safety issues or contraindications; and c) suggest a protocol for use in a clinical setting. Continuing Education Credits This course has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 15 contact hours and may be eligible for CE credit from other professional boards that allow self-documenting of continuing education activities. It is your responsibility to check with your regulatory board to confirm this course meets your local requirements and, if necessary, to provide them with the certificate of completion you get if you pay for and fulfill all the requirements of this course....

LM

Apr 20, 2021

Great course. I learned a lot and have become interested in incorporating the use of essential oils into my practice. I believe I have a good foundation upon which to build my knowledge and training.

AO

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent overview of aromatherapy and some of its major uses, safety considerations, and supporting evidence. I look forward to using what I learned in my clinical practice but also my daily life!

51 - 75 of 163 Reviews for Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils

By Momodu R

Aug 15, 2020

The course was fantastic and the lecturers were great 👌.While I was doing the course I practiced what I learnt on one of my client and the result was awesome .Thank you for impacting more knowledge to me.

By Bensu E E

Sep 6, 2020

The instructor Janet was a wonderful teacher. The course was very broad and easy to learn covering all the fundamentals of Aromatherapy. It was a pleasure to be a part of this course. Thank you very much

By Lesa M

Apr 21, 2021

By Olivia M

Oct 26, 2021

I am more confident sharing about essential oils after this course. Very clear explanation on the safe use of essential oils in clinical setting and in everyday life. Thank you!!!

By Kellen M

Mar 4, 2022

O curso é muito bom, especialmente pelo conhecimento compartilhado sobre a experiência e vivência em aromaterapia clínica por profissionais de saúde de outro país, nesse caso EUA.

By Samuel K

Nov 8, 2020

This course was well presented by the instructor; it covered all the relevant topics that I believe are vital to understanding Essential oils and the broad field of aromatherapy.

By Marios P

Jan 29, 2021

Well structured and well organised course that gives you fundamental knowledge about aromatherapy and essential oils. Thank you Janet Tomaino (DNP, Associate Professor).

By Sornalatha

Jul 2, 2020

Really feeling pleasant on gaining knowledge on integrative medicine which could improve medical field.... And am really thankful for providing such a wonder information

By Mohit J

Jun 7, 2020

this is an excellent way of learning the clinical use of essential oil and would recommend to people who are interested in learning really good things in their life.

By Nina M

Mar 5, 2021

lots of useful information, that is hard to reach otherwise because there are so many different and unrealiable sources and information all around internet

By Chong J C

May 7, 2020

Fruitful and meaningful with lots of resources. Even though is overwhelming with a lot to digest in mind but by the end of the day, you will gain a lot.

By Lori T

Mar 27, 2021

This course has taught me some good information on essential oils and how to use them while using safety precautions. I enjoyed this course very much.

By Haidée M d C P M

Jan 16, 2021

Excelente curso.

¡Me encantó!

Gracias, maestra, el curso fue muy didáctico.

Lo recomiendo mucho para aprender el uso seguro de los aceites esenciales.

By Jyoti G

May 15, 2020

The course has provided me with beautiful insights of the clinical uses of the aroma oils.Thanks to the organizers of the course and Coursera.

By Prompiriya P

Aug 24, 2020

Very interesting course on aromatherapy and use of essential oils. I like overall format, video quality and assignments. Great for beginners!

By Ariel B

Jul 19, 2020

Excellent course to learn how to help people identify which essential oil to use taking into account study results and safety considerations.

By Kerlley d S B

Jul 12, 2019

Amei!!!!

Esse curso está abrindo tantas portas profissionalmente para mim que eu não tenho palavras para agradecer.

Muito obrigada!!!!!

By Sabrina R

Oct 29, 2020

Very interesting course with the possibility of knowing the properties and use of essential oils in different clinical situations!

By Cide F N

Sep 27, 2021

Very well organized. Very practical. Clear instructions and explanations. Detailed documentation to implement a clinical program.

By Kim B

Jun 21, 2020

The course was all good but Week 6 with all the information about starting an aromatherapy program was exceptional. Thank you!

By Amanda N

Jan 2, 2021

Excellent revision and introduction to aromatherapy in a hospital environment with a client-centred focus. Highly recommend!

By Cassandra M

Dec 16, 2020

Loved it! This course was very insightful and to the point. Easy to digest and lots of handouts to simplify the content!

By Susanlee

Oct 17, 2020

Very well done. There is so much information, I really appreciate the reading materials, handouts and resource lists.

By Parimal K

Jul 16, 2020

This is an excellent course, Instructor explained each and everything very nicely with the demo. Thank you very much.

By Lourdes M P C

Nov 19, 2020

Muy claro en todos sus aspectos, profundos de acuerdo al tema y un inicio para adentrarse en los aceites esenciales