Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

SK
Dec 14, 2019

The course has been really fascinating and interesting, covering a variety of aspects in the veterinary profession. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of becoming a vet in the future.

NR
Feb 24, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

51 - 75 of 461 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By Yuva

Dec 22, 2017

PHENOMENAL! That's all I really have to say about this short, yet information rich course! The lecturers in this course are truly great, in the sense that they are able to convey important facts & ideas with relative ease in an easily digestible form for a student!

I look forward to more courses from the University of Edinburgh pertinent to veterinary science & medicine!

Cheers :D

By Sophia P

Jun 3, 2017

This was a fantastic course, it really opened up my eyes to what it takes to be a veterinarian and just how much really goes into the study of this speciality. It really takes a special person to become a vet, there is so much more to it than one would think and this course has shown me just how much I want it. Thank you to everyone involved in making this MOOC available!

By Ivy L

Jun 18, 2020

This course really helped and encouraged me into studying to be a Veterinarian. Even though I'm not even in High school yet, I found it very helpful. That's not to say that it is an easy course, and that anyone can do it easily-it still gives a challenge for everyone! I'll be sure to thank the Royal Dick University if I ever get the chance to meet any one of their staff.

By Alice K

Aug 3, 2017

Very interesting insight into the world of Veterinary Medicine. The final week, focusing on veterinary history was particularly engaging since it looked at a completely different side of the subject that I had not previously considered. Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in animal care and husbandry, as well as the scientific principles underlying disease.

By Luâni P d S

Jul 16, 2020

Este curso me auxiliou muito em escolher o que eu quero escolher para minha carreira, além de mostrar algumas especializações e o que eu poderia praticar em meu país. A barreira da linguagem não é tanta, porém você tem que se dedicar, estudar e pesquisar muitas coisas. Para quem gosta e quer isso, eu recomendo, E PEGA O AUXÍLIO DO COURSERA PORQUE VALERÁ A PENA.

By Grace G

Sep 10, 2020

Thank you for such an informative and interesting learning experience. A range of topics were covered in enough detail to feel like you'd learnt something that can be built on in the future. Everything was well explained and the interactive quizzes were very useful. I am now even more excited to apply to study Veterinary Medicine at University.

By Me

Aug 22, 2015

I have been wanting to pursue a career with animals since i was a small child, and let me tell you, I loved this course. This course gives you the opportunity to get a taste of veterinary school and it is completely free. I can not thank Coursera and The University of Edinburgh enough for giving me this wonderful chance to learn about animals.

By Mark C M

Sep 26, 2020

As an incoming 2nd year prevet student, this course helped me build up knowledge that cannot be found in a classroom based learning. Also, it is fun to learn things that I will take in my future vet studies in advance as it will give me an insight on how difficult it is to be a veterinarian. Thank you for the course! I really enjoyed it!

By isabella s

Jun 2, 2020

The course does provide a good insight in to what modules you may cover in veterinary school. Amazing resources and interesting well done. I really enjoyed completing this course, as I do find the anatomy and physiology interesting, but I am still unsure whether the training and career for veterinary surgeon or vet nurse suits me best.

By Samuel O P

Apr 14, 2020

Fantastic course. Being only fourteen I was worried that despite my passion for veterinary medicine I would find the course too technical yet the accessible videos and interactive script as well as the varied and interesting additional material helped me to develop my understanding and get good grades on the assessments.

By Samantha L

Feb 10, 2017

This is a great taster course in order to get a realistic insight into what a course in Veterinary Medicine is actually like. For me personally this taster course has further reaffirmed my dream of studying Veterinary Medicine at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies which I have applied for this year.

By Steven A

Sep 10, 2020

Muy buen curso para reforzar conocimientos, incluso cuando ya has empezado la carrera. Da un panorama muy amplio, y hay ciertas cosas que no te enseñarán nunca durante tus estudios (como el trato al cliente y la historia de la medicina veterinaria). Útil para ampliar un vocabulario técnico médico en inglés.

By Janhavi A

Nov 30, 2020

I really enjoyed the EDIVET course. The teaching instructions were easy to understand and follow. The videos were a joy to learn from. The course instructors are highly qualified and trained in their subjects and yet they explained it in a simple and interesting manner.

Great fun learning this course.

By Claire D

Nov 11, 2017

Brilliant course, thoroughly enjoyed the course and it enhanced my knowledge greatly. Loved the way the lectures were presented and additional material was given. Makes me more determined that ever to achieve my dream of going to vet school and becoming a vet. Highly recommend! Thanks EDIVET!

By Rhiannon Z

Jun 11, 2020

i absolutely loved this course it provided me with a solid understanding in basic veterinary skills and procedures. it has also helped me to realize that I 100% want to become a vet in the future and continue in this area.

thank you so much to everyone who took part in creating this course!

By Molly F

Apr 13, 2020

This course provides the perfect insight into the varied fields of study you would encounter at veterinary school. It has been extremely beneficial for me in helping me decide whether to take this subject at university, the videos and resources are so detailed, thoughtful and well made.

By Ella P

Mar 3, 2019

This course is absolutely amazing and really broadened my knowledge and understanding about Veterinary Medicine and the Veterinary Profession. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the course and praise the detail and enthusiasm that was conveyed by all individuals involved. Thank you!

By Ana O

Feb 7, 2017

I really enjoyed this MOOC, it gives a good idea of what to expect at school but also as a client. I didn't appreciate being evaluated about the nearby buildings of the school or the name of Dick's sister. Really not the type of thing that would make me chose one vet over the other.

By Gianpaul L

Jul 14, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. It not only gave me valuable insights into what I might expect from a formal course in Veterinary science but it also gave me the confidence that I would be able to do it. I highly recommend this course for any prospective vet students out there!

By madelynne h t

Sep 22, 2020

This course went by very fast for me and was so fun as I learned so many valuable informations that will definitely help me in the future! Thank you so much for providing all of this knowledge for free and it was very easy as well to complete plus was not very boring at all.

By Krista H

Jul 2, 2020

It was really interesting to learn about the history of veterinary medicine and how it was developed into a profession, especially in European countries. As someone from the U.S., I appreciated learning the aspects of veterinary medicine from a different region of the world.

By Ilse r

Apr 20, 2020

Es un gran curso, para quién esta interesado en estudiar Medicina Veterinaria, o para quién esta interesado en continuar con su educación y en recordar algunos conocimientos básicos de anatomía, como se realiza un examen físico general, entre otros. Gracias excelente curso.

By Jie

Nov 25, 2015

a brief list of summaries on historical events of veterinarian and Dick college would help in learning the 5th session. Putting questions like those in the final quiz doesn't make as much sense... other quizes are wonderfully set. great entry course to be a veterinarian.

By Colleen M

Aug 31, 2015

A fascinating overview of anatomy, diagnosis, soft skills, the history and future of veterinary learning and medicine - I loved it and used every possible minute I could spare to watch the lectures. I loved it and wish I could come study full time at the Royal Dick Vet.