Back to Chemistry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chemistry by University of Kentucky

This course is designed to cover subjects in advanced high school chemistry courses, correlating to the standard topics as established by the American Chemical Society. This course is a precursor to the Advanced Chemistry Coursera course. Areas that are covered include atomic structure, periodic trends, compounds, reactions and stoichiometry, bonding, and thermochemistry....

WL

Jul 24, 2016

This is a great course. The primary feature is the number of worked and practice problems. Instead of memorizing, one learns by doing. Short of being in the lab, this is the next best thing.

HM

Mar 17, 2017

This course was intriguing and eye opening for me. It was relevant and broadly useful.\n\nI hope I took the advantage of it and that it will help me in my future learnings of chemistry

76 - 100 of 173 Reviews for Chemistry

By Colleen M

Nov 01, 2016

Very interesting course. Many examples of problems. Good lecturers.

By Neysan

Dec 14, 2016

Phenomenal

By John S

Feb 26, 2018

I would like to learn more about chemistry and this is a good place to get started.

By M.Arunkumar

Oct 26, 2017

this is very useful

By Mohammed S

Dec 23, 2017

good teacher

By Laura G

Jan 04, 2017

plenty of video resources, very useful lecture notes and exercises solved step by step

By Luca M

Apr 07, 2017

EXCELENTE

By Trenacye J

Dec 30, 2017

I have always been super interested in chemistry and the concepts that make it into a science, but there were many things i didn't understand. The instructor of this class is very knowledgeable and has a way she presents the information is already making me go hmmm...i actually understand that. I look forward to course completion and everything that i am going to learn. I'll be taking the next steps this spring and starting a degree in biochemistry...Not so intimidated anymore. Thanks

By Serafín R F

May 02, 2017

excelente curso muy completo

By Kevin J

Oct 23, 2017

It was an excellent introduction to Chemistry at the University Level!

By HanuRam

Jun 16, 2017

Nice basic course for Chemistry.

Many many thanks to the Instructors.

By humera k

Dec 06, 2016

Thank you, this is a very good introductory chemistry course for teens as well as adults.

By Mateusz

Sep 26, 2016

Very nice course!

By Soraya B

Dec 10, 2016

The course is very organized and the pace is very reasonable. Looking forward to part 2.

By Anupama N

Mar 29, 2017

If you have the time and the work ethic, it is a great course that will teach you so much

By Natalia Y

Jan 16, 2017

thorough, detailed, everything's explained clearly, lots of practice problems, great examples and experiments (my favorite are the thermite reaction and the endothermic slush) - loved it and certainly recommend it

By David K C

Jun 28, 2016

Very good review, especially the atomic structure unit. The stoichiometry unit was also very comprehensive. I hope there could be more on gaseous state and solution/acid-base chemistry. Quizzes are very good.

By Tiziana B

Mar 19, 2016

I have never been good at math nor chemistry but the professor explains the various processes in such a simplistic way that so far I passed the quizzes with a perfect score and I have a pretty good grasp of everything she's saying. Granted, I had to watch some explanations more than once but that's just my pace of learning. I'm thankful for this online course and waiting for the certification to become available!

By Jennifer

Mar 03, 2018

Everything is explained concisely and the slides provide an easy to view outline of the information. The questions throughout the lecture are also super useful for practice, reviewing and reinforcing material.

By Tun L A

Aug 31, 2017

Good one

By Herman P I

Aug 07, 2017

This was a great class. The instruction is very accessible. I've never liked chemistry. I couldn't wait to take the quizzes because after watching the videos and working through the examples you really feel like you grasped the concepts. I thought I might need a textbook to supplement the videos. I've taken classes where I just didn't get enough practice to feel like I understood, but this course has plenty of well worked step-by-step problems. The professor even blows some stuff up!

By Nydia R

Jun 09, 2018

Complete course and very helpful! Thanks a lot...

By Paulo d S

Mar 23, 2016

It's been awesome so far!!! great work and material. Good way to teach too.

Thanks a million