Back to Client Needs and Software Requirements

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Client Needs and Software Requirements by University of Alberta

This course covers practical techniques to elicit and express software requirements from client interactions....

VB
Jul 5, 2016

Excellent! There is a lot of great practical info you can apply in real life. I would suggest instructors include some more info about SPM in the framework of startups (rather than client framework).

RK
Jan 30, 2018

It is very good knowledge. But my English poor for that, was, sometimes. So was hard to understand and catch information. As a result 90% for grade. It is ok. But it is ok.\n\nViam supervadet vadens

376 - 400 of 477 Reviews for Client Needs and Software Requirements

Sep 10, 2018

Good!

By Souhardya G

Sep 14, 2020

Good

By Ranjan

Dec 17, 2018

good

By Rafael N

Jan 14, 2017

Top!

By Nancy P

Jan 17, 2016

Good

By Reto W

Jun 28, 2019

By Andreea A

Apr 28, 2017

By Brigita Š

Apr 18, 2016

A

By Mario A

Dec 26, 2017

This is a great course that is very informative and well-taught. The only issue I have is with the peer-graded assignments. I started this course in November 2017 and was cruising until I got to the second week, which involved a peer-graded wireframe assignment. These peer-graded assignments don't open up until the week the course starts (in this case, the wireframe assignment was due December 18, 2017), so I while I was finished with the first week in mid-November, I was forced to wait until Mid-December to submit an assignment. I had to go back and basically re-learn that module in order to submit my assignment. I like the peer-graded assignments, and I like giving feedback to my peers, but I don't like waiting around to complete an assignment.

By Maria M

My rating is 4.5/5 stars. The content is thorough and the production quality is excellent. The only 2 things I didn't like were: 1) some of the resources provided are dated and have broken links; and 2) the peer-grading of assignments offers only objective grading, whereas course content is best aligned with subjective grading. Example: the wireframes exercise > objectively, you can hit all of the points on the grading scheme, but the quality of the wireframes is up to the marker and I'm assuming that most people who taking this course aren't UX designers or experienced Product Managers and thus cannot offer an adequate subjective assessment.

By Dominic F

Jan 19, 2020

The training materials are very well presented and easy to digest. I got plenty out of it. But the certificates are really, really easy to pass and I think it devalues them somewhat. If you're interested in this because you just want to learn for the sake of learning, or to supplement any practical knowledge of product management that you may already have through experience in your career (as was my case) and to just understand things better, this is great. But I wouldn't expect to get a new job/change career because of any certificate you earn from this course or others in the specialisation.

By Kirill K

Sep 28, 2016

Thank you very much for the course - it was really interesting and I've found some useful techniques to be used in my work. However, there are some moments to be improved to make course better: correct questions statements and lack of communication between partipants (there were a lot of interesting topics to discuss but only very few users were involved in discussions, thus, discussion were very poor).

But still thank you very much again!!!:))

By C C

Jan 15, 2019

This has been one of the better courses I've taken on Coursera. The Supplemental Material is better curated. Other courses just include Wikipedia links. For someone new to the field, specialty links are more helpful and provides a starting list of good websites to reference later. I do wish the course took a deeper dive into the topic and provided more examples.

By Edgar G S

Dec 26, 2018

Excellent course, friendly and simple, compact but well-balanced and comprehensive, very good quality in contents and resources.

As suggestion, you could improve in the examples and scenarios to make them more closer to real life, try to give a "taste" of the real world in the views of formats, forms, diagrams, docs, interfaces, etc.

By Mohammad A

Apr 11, 2020

I've enjoyed it so much as I 've learned how to deal with a wide range of tools through which I can produce high-quality requirements. The course is well-organized , tutors are skilled and well-prepared, and the resources and tests provided are meant to ultimately deepen your knowledge in this field. Thank you

By MAGDELENAT P

Jul 18, 2016

Interesting but would gain by digging more on each topic. And give more feedback from the real life. The worst part, for me, was one assignment (ambiguities) that I thought was neither well designed nor easy to peer review (due to its desing ;-). Then again the course was nice to follow and interesting!

By Benjamin G J

May 26, 2016

It is pretty solid. I can see that issues with quiz question ambiguity and under-checking of learning criteria are getting better. Problems were not serious, they are better in this course than in the last, and they are better in the next one, and they are better in the next one than this one.