Back to Competitive Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Competitive Strategy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

In this six-module course, you will learn how businesses and organizations behave in situations in which strategic decisions are interdependent, i.e. where my actions affect my competitors' profits and vice versa. Using the basic tools of game theory, we will analyse how businesses choose strategies to attain competitive advantage. This course is also available in Chinese. Please go to our course catalog to access the Chinese version of Competitive Strategy....

AA

Jan 11, 2016

I have no previous business experience and I really enjoyed this class. It gave me insight into game theory and marketing and product development concepts. Good pace and good explanation of topics.

OO

Jul 23, 2018

I had a great time with Prof. Tobias Kretschmer. The course was really eye-opening for me and gave me a lot of perspective in the business world. Looking forward to the remaining courses for sure.

76 - 100 of 619 Reviews for Competitive Strategy

By Swati K

Jun 28, 2020

Competitive Strategy is an interesting course. I had an amazing experience learning lot of new strategies and interesting facts, theories and models which can be used practically. It was a knowledge enriching course.

By Marcello N

Aug 20, 2015

Well structured and really interesting. The teacher clearly explains and walks through the arguments with the aid of specific case studies. Strongly recommended for learners of business, finance and entrepreneurship.

By Jason M C

Jun 03, 2016

Absolutely phenomenal course, the instructor goes through the material in a very easy to understand way, is engaging, and the subject matter is presented with practical and real-world examples to support the theory!

By Ellins f

Aug 16, 2015

A very well explained course on how to break down decision making purely on rational and analytics . This course did not explain strategy in a higher level. It only explained in systematic decision making scenarios.

By Ramón G G

Nov 10, 2017

Very interesting and useful course to have a general understanding about the role of strategy in the companies. It provides some applicable knowledge in case you are planning or working to develop your own company

By Karina L G M

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent course, the methodology that the professor used was excellent because by constantly testing us through in video quizzes, exercises, and exams, it allowed me to fully learn all the concepts and theories.

By Elke R

Aug 19, 2015

great!

a lot of information, descibed in an easy way. I learnt a lot despite the fact that english is not my native language. So I decided to subscribe to the second course "advanced competitive strategy" as well.

By Ludovica M

Jun 21, 2018

Complete course, including all aspects of market and corporate strategies and covering all different games strategies. Very easy to follow, even if sometimes concepts are a bit complex. I highly recommend it!

By Ankita S

Jul 03, 2019

It is an amazing course and offers helpful insight into business strategy. This course requires a bit of hard work but all of this is worth it. It is for anyone curious to learn more about business strategy.

By Andrea H

Sep 27, 2015

An excellent course, and excellent professor and wery well explaned. Especially considering that I don´t have a very broad economical/strategical background. I hope we can enjoy and learn more in this way!

By Abhishek J

Apr 20, 2020

Very well designed course with just the right mix of theoretical and practical knowledge further elucidated by right kind of real life incidents as appropriately described during the course of the syllabus.

By Yerbol A

Apr 18, 2017

I recommend this course for people who work in field of commerce, trading, and business development. I think this course could bring valuable knowledge for people participating in industries mentioned above

By Nico R

Nov 05, 2017

Very well structured course with good examples/cases. Definitely a great foundation to dive deeper into the topic. I enjoyed doing this course and I'm sure I am going to check out other ones in the future.

By Larry D P M

Oct 05, 2019

O Curso me trouxe uma visão mais ampla desde o processo de criação da estratégia até a execução em planos de ação, indicadores e estruturação tendo em vista a alta competitividade que há no mercado.

By Vinicius V

Sep 23, 2016

It's a course that will develop your capacity of watch the company's decisions for a theoretical way, and be able to understand their choices.

These decisions will be needed for a sustainable firm.

By Ulrich R

Sep 06, 2016

This course was a truly exciting learning experience. The lecturer was very well capable to awaken interest and keep up tension. Thank you for that. I look forward to joining the 'advanced' class.

By claudio v

Jul 23, 2016

In order to be more clear with the exposition, the course started with a game theory introduction and that works a lot for me. Then the course become more strategic and more apllied. Great course!

By DHANVIN S

Jul 19, 2020

I had a blast studying this course. It had cleared all my doubts related to business and kudos to tobias sir and the coursera team on preparing such wonderful material to learn from. thank you.

By Laureano O B

Mar 05, 2019

Me ha parecido un curso muy interesante y entretenido. He aprendido a diferenciar conceptos y el profesor Tobias Krestschmer ademas de claro y ameno se explica maravillosamente. Un acierto

By Bernardo A T A

Sep 11, 2015

Excellent, content.

I see this as a valuable input to change our mindset and tailor it to a more strategic approach. Technics like Backwards induction really help to achieve this.

Thanks :)

By Ramadan J A

Sep 10, 2020

I like the method of teaching of the instructor;very simple, clear and comprehensive. I had no idea in business concept but this course had opened my eyes into the business world. Great!✊

By Stephen R

Mar 06, 2017

The concepts are clear and well presented. Quiz questions are relevant to the course material. Flexible due dates make it possible to fit this course in a busy professional life.

By Michela A

Apr 14, 2020

The subject is very interesting and well explained. All the examples help to apply the concepts to real-life situations and make easier to understand them. I enjoyed it very much.

By Ahyiesha D

Jun 29, 2020

A very engaging course. Prof Tobias Kretschmer made it very interesting with excellent examples which anyone can relate to. The presentation and the pace of course was very good.

By Nguyễn A T

Feb 29, 2016

I would like to thank professor Tobias Kretschmer and his team at LMU for teaching me this course. Thank you for giving me a chance to learn those wonderful things free online.