Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

LG

Dec 16, 2017

This course gives is perfect to start learning cryptography, explanations are detailed, topics carefully selected combining theory with real world examples and making emphasis in important details.

BC

Mar 11, 2017

Cutting edge cryptography topics. Good explanations and slides, but pause button is highly recommended. Can be a bit too mathematical for the general public, and not very formal for mathematicians.

51 - 75 of 530 Reviews for Cryptography I

By John L

Dec 09, 2016

Excellent course. I've worked with cryptographic methods and practice for many years, but this course provided me with a stronger understanding of the underlying theory than I'd had before.

By Radhika P S

Jan 04, 2018

The explanation was very clear provided with adequate examples and timely discussion on forum.

By Michal J

Apr 30, 2016

Nice

By Brunno V

Feb 27, 2018

Course is really good and really in depth.

But PLEASE ADD ELLIPTIC CURVES AS THEY ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE RELEVANT EACH DAY.

By Eduardo M P T

Jun 18, 2016

Very good course, it's easy to understand the concepts and the programming assignments help to understand the details of the implementation of the algorithms.

By Mariusz D

Mar 30, 2016

Really good course, instructor provides real life examples a tries to avoid the mathematic abstractions to minimum - relying rather on intuition and pictorial examples.

By Per Å

Nov 20, 2016

Great lectures to give a basic understanding of cryptography!

By Juan P V C

Jun 03, 2017

Excelllent course , the evaluations are hard but i think that is because the topic need mathematical and algoritms

By Christopher P W

Aug 16, 2016

A very challenging but worthwhile introduction to cryptography.

By Martin K

Jun 26, 2018

Excellent content! (but very demanding if you're full-time employee)

By Madhusudan.J

Apr 19, 2018

Very good explanation.

By Yash R K

Aug 01, 2016

I am very happy and satisfied pursuing this course. I love it. Cryptography is one of the very important concepts in Computer Science and just loved to have the course from Stanford University.

By Pablo M G

Sep 22, 2016

Thanks for a grate learning experience.

By Liang

Mar 17, 2016

I have already finished this course in 2014. This is my second time. Five-star recommendation!

By Lauris L

Apr 21, 2018

Very hard course although explained very well, takes a lot of time to understand every concept but worth it.

By Laurent P

Nov 11, 2016

Awesome course!

By Evgeniy A C

Oct 14, 2016

Great course!

By Mark P

May 05, 2017

Excellent in-depth introduction to the field of Cryptography! Absolutely rigorous treatment of the subject, down to every last mathematical detail. I feel like I sat in on a real university course at Stanford, and I believe this experience will help my work, my employer's products and will allow me to look critically at cryptographic code that comes across my desk. Thanks Prof. Boneh!

By Srinivas I

Oct 08, 2016

Very informative beginner course. Perfect for someone who needs to understand the basics. Prof Boneh's instructions were excellent and the quizzes were tough but valuable.

By Marco G

Feb 08, 2017

Recommended!

By Andrei P

Jun 20, 2018

Great intro to crypto, I learned a lot, from easy to more sophisticated things. But all in all, the way of thinking is what I liked the most, building everything on logic. I thought the course was well structured and its homeworks were a great resource to learn more and ask myself more questions.

By Eric W

Dec 13, 2016

Challenging but worth the effort, especially if you work in software development.

By Ruchit R

Jan 03, 2018

Was fast paced and very well designed course. Enjoyed all the aspects of the course and got to know many things regarding cryptography in practice.

By Guthmann L

Apr 06, 2018

Great content, very challenging and incredible teaching. Amazing course

By Manazir A

Apr 18, 2016

Fantastic course. I am getting preliminary idea of cryptography from this course. Hope to take the "Cryptography II" course as well.