Back to Cryptography I

Cryptography I, Stanford University

About this Course

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

By BC

Mar 11, 2017

Cutting edge cryptography topics. Good explanations and slides, but pause button is highly recommended. Can be a bit too mathematical for the general public, and not very formal for mathematicians.

By LG

Dec 16, 2017

This course gives is perfect to start learning cryptography, explanations are detailed, topics carefully selected combining theory with real world examples and making emphasis in important details.

482 Reviews

By N. MIDHUN CHAKRAVARTHY

Mar 20, 2019

very good course. very helpful

By Zurisadai Hernández Sánchez

Mar 14, 2019

GOOD COURSE WHICH COVERS ALL TOPICS

By Ionut MIhai Chelalau

Mar 10, 2019

I took this course back in 2015. I still remember the joy I had then as I did now :)

By 路凡义

Mar 10, 2019

I feel pretty pleasure for finishing this course. The teacher is patient and knowledgeable, I like him!

By Manana Martin Hunter

Mar 07, 2019

This is the best course for a beginner especially in terms of understanding the concept of security in relation to encryption schemes that are used in practice today. This course best explains security of encryption algorithms. Looking forward to crypto II.

By Dragos Roua

Feb 20, 2019

It's been a great learning experience. My background in math / algebra / calculus is rather weak, so it was a real stretch. But it's so rewarding to understand how the fabric of our daily interactions is protected (or how vulnerable it can be) with modern cryptography. Kudoz to the teacher!

By Santosh Mudhol

Feb 19, 2019

One of the finest online courses I have attended. Very detailed explanation with examples. Very good and highly recommended for beginners.

Thank you Prof. Dan Boneh