Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

MK

Invalid date

Great intro to a complex topic.

It could be improved by having the programming assignments be:

+ Mandatory

+ More related to actual cryptographic algorithms/libraries (only some are)

FP

Invalid date

Really interesting, provides the basic grounds for understanding a lot of discussions out there. Wikipedia can be useful as a reference, but here I was able to learn about semantic security etc.

876 - 877 of 877 Reviews for Cryptography I

By Luís C D A J

Sep 7, 2016

Mentiroso, na descrição mostra que tem legenda para português porém o curso não tem legenda pt-br

Dec 1, 2021

this is not fulfill my well understanding