Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT

Aug 04, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

BR

Sep 24, 2017

Muy interesante, un curso lleno de teorías y explicaciones en torno al concepto de cognición, un concepto complejo. Recomendado para aquellos que les interesa el tema de la mente humana y canina.

226 - 250 of 705 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Lisa P

May 24, 2018

Great class and great organization of the material.

By scott s

Apr 05, 2018

Excellent course and Dr. Hare's book is a great read!

By Jonathan L

Oct 18, 2015

Fun course that explores why dogs are so special. I especially it when Dr. Hare explained the different experiments and their results.

By chrysanthi

Nov 02, 2015

very interesting, informative especially for dog lovers.

By Henry D

Aug 26, 2017

Excellent course, and the instructor does a great job in making the science of dog emotions and cognition understandable to the average citizen scientist. Thank you for providing this course to dog lovers everywhere.

By Nichtsals U

Jan 11, 2016

I thought it's going to be a little boring - I only took it "for fun", I don't even have a dog or plans or get one, but starting with week 3 and especially week 4 the bigger picture of evolution of humans and animals up to this day alone was worth taking this course. Definitely broadened my mind. Also very valuable were was the information about dog breed profiles and what science can actually tell us about traits like aggressiveness and if they are related to breeds (they are not). If you are looking for concrete dog training tips you won't find them, this course is more about giving an overview of the state of science, but it does so very well IMHO. You can take the course in two afternoons easily - I recommend against doing it over 8 weeks. The videos are short, I watched them at 2 x speed mostly.

By Rafael S N

Nov 18, 2017

Excelent!!!

By Gema P

Aug 31, 2015

Una visión comportamental distinta que ayuda a entender de qué manera aprenden los perros enmarcado en la "Teoría de la mente".

By Mari P

Feb 01, 2016

Awesome course, thank You! I did learn a lot!

By Jennifer W

Nov 17, 2016

Excellent! So much fun.

By Kerry M

Mar 23, 2017

Fantastic insight into dog behaviour, thank you!

By Manolis K

Feb 22, 2016

Nice course. If you want to learn better your best friend, here you are. Also, dognition seems to be a remarkable endeavor for serving this purpose. Thanks!

By THOMAS M J

Feb 21, 2017

I liked the fact you could read the course or watch the videos and also that the activities could be done at home.

By woonchoong c

Nov 13, 2017

fantastic

By Yon J C

Jul 08, 2017

Great course, learnt a lot of new and interesting things as someone who loves dogs. Hope to use some of the material I learnt in my MOOC on the relationship between humans and dogs

By bronwyn

Jun 28, 2017

loved this course!

By Alicia V T B

Aug 27, 2017

Que me fascinó este curso sobre la manera de cómo vemos la naturaleza animal y bueno aprendí mucho con respecto a las cualidades y emociones de los perros ya que me encanta conocer mucho la vida de los animales

By Paula A H O

Aug 25, 2017

EXCELENTE!!!!

By Rita B

May 01, 2018

Adorei !!!

By Anna M H

Jul 10, 2017

it was absolutely exciting every week of the course.

I learnt a lot about dogs, but even more about primates and human beings as well. It was really surprising for me.

I feel gratitude and thanks for this opportunity to follow this course and got subsidising from the Coursera organisation.

Without their generosity I cannot effort this course.

I just recoommend this course to everybody with or without dogs :-).

Thanks again!

By Ethan D

Oct 19, 2016

Very interesting and always a great topic

By Leila

Oct 13, 2016

Loved it!

By Ana L N

Oct 23, 2016

Excelente curso, dinámico, didáctico, muy buenos temas como para seguir investigando más sobre ellos.

By Jeremy R P L

Dec 22, 2016

Like it, always a plus to learn from our best friend. Love the way of the comparison with other animals. Recommend for everyone.

By Nataly h l