Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

RR

This course was very informative and interesting. Even people without dogs as pets and having an interest towards pets can take up this course. By doing so, we get to understand ourselves better.

251 - 275 of 1,096 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Olivia W

Jan 19, 2020

Never felt like I HAD to do this course, always looked forward to it and to seeing Brian again haha! An informative and very enjoyable couple of weeks. Wish I could do it again.

By Jennifer K

Jul 11, 2017

I loved the course because I learned so much about dogs and coursera gave me the opportunity to do so at my own speed whenever I had time and felt capable of learning! Thank yo

By Tashauna M

Oct 3, 2019

This course gave me wonderful insight into a corner of learning and training that I hadn't considered before. I can't wait to do the entire dognition experiment with my dogs.

By Lorraine C

May 9, 2016

Fantastic course! I have learned so much. Worth reading the book "Genius of Dogs". So happy to have a certificate from Duke University signed by Brian Hare! Totally worth it!

By Francisco C Z

Jan 25, 2016

Really interesting, I learned a lot from this course. It's approach was more scientific than I expected, which is a great thing. Some experiments presented here blew my mind!

By Rayane R L

Thanks for this course! I’m very interesting to give the book and Brian is a really good teacher. Thanks for sharing all the things you know with us! Cheers from New Zealand

By Vaishak S

Jul 5, 2020

Absolutely loved the course and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The module quizzes made the course to be more interactive and engaging. Great stuff by Dr.Brian Hare.

By DENISE W C

Great course! Learned a lot about how animals learn, with yet so much more for me to learn and practice. The Genius of Dogs was also an excellent resource. Thank you again!

By Murat A

Dec 9, 2019

It is an excellent course. The course content is evident-based and scientific. While it is very comprehensive, the language is simple enough for any person to understand.

By Ashley G

Jan 5, 2016

i love this course! No where around me at all offers a class like this and for my situation the fact that its online is even better! I've learned/learning a lot, thank you!

By Abraham N

Jul 12, 2020

An incredibly well designed course, easy to follow the professor who is not shy of rigorous scientific rigor and providing a new venue for learning this discipline matter.

By James T

Apr 7, 2018

Very well constructed. The information flows at a perfect pace. This course would be beneficial for all dog owners, trainers, rescuers, anyone who interacts with canines.

By Alejandra d R F S

Jul 10, 2020

As a vet I was happy to complement in this way my knowledge about dogs, especially everything involving the history of their domestication and their cognitive abilities.

By Nikki M

Oct 27, 2017

Really improved my knowledge of what research is now available about dogs and what we know about their evolution. Lovely illustrations and simple, easy explanations. :)

By Ana_Ding

Aug 18, 2017

very good. it's easy to understand, and also very interesting. the lecture is clearly and well organized and the teacher is very kind. I will recommend it to my friends.

By Matt B

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent class for those that want a deeper understanding of dog abilities and shortcomings. I’d highly recommend it to any open to evolving as a trainer or dog owner.

By Michele J

Dec 12, 2018

This was fun and informative. I'd really like to try a few experiments on my dog now. It's also made me curious about the relationship between cat cognition and humans.

By RAICHEL T J

I had a nice experience of learning.If you are a dog lover or not definitely you are going to enjoy this course.Excellent professors who have great amount of knowledge

By 童则逸 Z T

Nov 22, 2016

Great course, it goes through many scientific experiments to draw forth the amazing results. It is useful for dog (or other animals) lover. By the way, I got the book.

By Chandni B

Jun 23, 2020

Very refreshing ! As a dog trainer, this subject has truly gotten me curious and I cannot wait to do dognition not just with my dog, but also my students ! Thank you!

By Santiago D

Jun 17, 2019

Excelente curso y excelente profesor. El curso me ha puesto en contacto con un tema apasionante que habría querido descubrir y aprender hace décadas. Muchas gracias!

By Darren

Feb 3, 2019

This was a good course i learned a lot thank you, for anyone thinking of doing this course do it you will learn so much about dogs that you had no clue about before.

By Fluffy G

Jul 10, 2020

This course has completely changed my life. I love it so much, I wich it could go on forever!!!!

:)))))))) :))))))) :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

By Jack K

Very interesting. I wish we applied some of our new knowledge as to how we can apply that to better train dogs but that is not what this course sets out to achieve.

By sarah r

Aug 28, 2019

As a person who takes care of dogs for a living, I found this to be a really great way to learn more about them and potentially offer insight to some of my clients.