Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT

Aug 04, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

DF

Jul 18, 2019

Really interesting course that gives a great overview of some of the latest research in canine behavior. Helpful even for a regular dog-owner that just wants to understand the mind of their dog.

251 - 275 of 701 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Wendy M

Nov 28, 2016

It was a very informative course, it went into great detail and allowed you to try experiments/games with your dog to see their own cognitive abilities. I really enjoyed this course and would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about their dogs.

By Tonka W

Jan 02, 2017

Really insightful. I learnt a lot

By María S E

May 09, 2017

Excelente, lástima que debo traducir los exámenes para poder hacerlos ya que no se encuentran en español

By Alice M

Apr 21, 2017

I truly enjoyed this course to its' core. Dr Hare is an animated professor w/a gift for teaching to an engaged audience. I learned so very much during this course, some new and some confirmations of what I believed to be true. My experience w/Coursera is a positive one for certain and I am already enrolled in my next course. Thank you Dr Hare for sharing your knowledge and expertise in your study of dogs w/me. RufF lOve, Alice

By Lisa C

Apr 15, 2017

This was a great introduction to the subject of cognition! Dr. Hare is engaging and the material was interesting. I learned a lot about the newest member of our family as well as more about chimps and humans. Dogs are truly fascinating creatures.

By Rebecca L

Apr 12, 2017

Awesome and very interesting!!! Thanks!

By Andrea C R R

Dec 06, 2016

Great course teaching us about animals and human evolution

By Shareka J

Nov 19, 2016

I loved how this course was very information about dog cognition. It's amazing what you think you knew about dogs going in and what you learned coming out.

By Pablo C

Jan 25, 2017

Excellent!!!

By Bijan S

Mar 13, 2017

very educational and easy to follow.

By Lauren S

May 28, 2017

I learnt so much, was great for my study and personal interest!

By Deirdre F

Jul 12, 2017

As an educator and advocate, I am so grateful to have had access to such an amazing course. Between the book, Dognition site, and coursework, I feel like many aspects of behavior and genetics have been demystified. Thank you!

Deirdre Franklin, CEO of Pinups for Pitbulls

Jan 30, 2017

Great course for those of us have dogs

By Xie Y

Feb 01, 2017

good tutor! good class structure! and the videos, pics and experiments in the classes are really interesting!

By Mary P

Mar 13, 2017

What a fantastic course. It's great to learn from someone who is so passionate about what they are teaching and the knowledge they are willing to share. AMAZING.

By Brittany M F

Aug 14, 2017

Very Interesting class!

By Y_Shan T

Mar 10, 2017

Thank you Dr Hare for the fun learning course.

By Ana_Ding

Aug 18, 2017

very good. it's easy to understand, and also very interesting. the lecture is clearly and well organized and the teacher is very kind. I will recommend it to my friends.

By Katherine T

Feb 23, 2017

Very interesting and enjoyable.

By Donna F

Jul 02, 2017

Great for all dog lovers, not just dog professionals!

By Yhon F

Oct 28, 2017

Excelente!

By Maria V K

Nov 11, 2016

Well developed material

Clearly stated information

Informative and put forth in a vivid way

By Wendy M

Apr 13, 2017

Dog Emotion and Cognition is a clear, well-structured course with some wonderful 'added extras' that really help round out the MOOC experience. Dr Hare's enthusiasm for the subject is infectious and the material presented is more wide-ranging than I had anticipated -- again, adding to the experience. I have learned a fair amount about my dog, which has been fascinating, but have also learned about dog cognition against a wider species-comparative context, which has strengthened my understanding considerably. A superb course (and the accompanying book, The Genius of Dogs, and citizen science website, Dognition, are wonderful too). Thanks Dr Hare, Duke and Coursera!

By Julie

Sep 22, 2017

Very in dept study of dogs and their origin. Learned so many fascinating things about my four-legged friend. Highly recommend.

By Fausto E C M