Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT

Aug 04, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

DF

Jul 18, 2019

Really interesting course that gives a great overview of some of the latest research in canine behavior. Helpful even for a regular dog-owner that just wants to understand the mind of their dog.

151 - 175 of 705 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Tony M

Aug 29, 2015

Very informative and entertaining.

By Isabella A K

Dec 21, 2017

Amazing course!

By Ioanna A K

Dec 20, 2015

This is a really enjoyable course with lots of information and deep knowledge of the matter, also given in a positive and relaxed way. Thank you!

By Rotem C

Mar 15, 2017

Excellent course ! many things to learn about Dogs, about ourselves and much more!

Thanks!

By Linda R

Oct 15, 2017

The only problem with this course is that it is way too short. I would love to learn more about dognition.Thanks

By Daniella B

Oct 23, 2017

Great course!

By Lin Z

Sep 29, 2015

I'm thinking about quit from my mechanical engineering major lol

By Anaíse N d A

Sep 03, 2017

The course content is simply amazing. I own a small pet sitting business, and it certainly gave me a lot of input on how to understand my dog clients better. I recommend this course to every single pet business owner and to dog owners as well.

By Jeannette R

Apr 09, 2016

Excellent start to the course. Looks like it is going to be really hands on with the different tests you can do with your own dog/s. I can't wait to get started and find out all about my dog's psychology. Just wondering how different it will be to my pre-conceived perceptions.

By James G

Sep 20, 2016

I love, love, love this course. Recommend it for any dog lover or those interested in how dogs think and our utterly unique relationship with them. In my years of college and online classes, this is the most interesting course I have ever taken. Highly recommend the book too. I couldn't put it down. Dr. Hare does an amazing job.

By alyssa

Jan 05, 2016

What a wonderful class. I have found very few colleges that offer aclass in regards to animals, unless you're majoring as a vet. This class gives me the option to learn about my best friend (my dog) and how to apply my learned skills to better his life. The course content is easy to understand and exciting for an avid animal lover. Thank you Coursera, for changing how education is delivered. #rethinkcollege

By Aira

Nov 08, 2015

Very interesting course. Hope to hear more courses about canines. Especially about their psychology.

By Jami W

Oct 21, 2015

Learned more than I had imagined I would.

By Nida R

Nov 17, 2015

This is a relatively easy course to complete, but I definitely enjoyed learning about dog cognition and how they have evolved over time to become man's best friend.

By Nicole F

Oct 20, 2015

Lovely course! I learned so much from this, more than I was expecting! Also great to understand human evolution and behaviour as well.

By Manon A

Feb 16, 2016

very interesting, good new input!

By Casey Q

Nov 15, 2015

Excellent course; thoroughly enjoyed.

By Loralee B

Jul 07, 2017

Great course! A must-take for dog owners, but also a great class for those who don't have their own pup!

By Isabelle F

Sep 06, 2015

Funny and Directly involves the audience which is great!

By Robyn H

May 20, 2017

Very interesting and engaging, especially the citizen science element. I found the lectures easy to follow and to the point.

By James M ( W

Sep 06, 2016

This is amazing. I truly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone that loves dogs and wants to know more about them. I will probably take this class again. I liked it that much.

By Penelope G

Nov 01, 2015

Was great learnt a lot more than I expected and was a lot more detailed then what I expected as well. Highly recommend this course.

By Christine F

Nov 17, 2015

Amazing !

By Marie-Eve C

Sep 03, 2015

Very interesting ! I learned a lot about different species and it showed me some believes I hold weren't maybe as true as I tought them to be...

By Olivia R

Jul 01, 2016

This course was engaging and informative. Dr. Hare picked a great line of work, as he kind of reminds me of a friendly puppy himself. I look forward to more research from these experiments!