Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

RR

This course was very informative and interesting. Even people without dogs as pets and having an interest towards pets can take up this course. By doing so, we get to understand ourselves better.

201 - 225 of 1,093 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Anna A

Dec 29, 2019

This is an extremely interesting course, and it is not just about dogs but teaches a lot about evolution in general as well. I have found it fascinating. I watched the last couple of lessons wishing it not to end ever.

By April S

Nov 13, 2017

I really enjoyed this class, the additional reading and the Dognition exercises. It was very informative and I've begun to practice things I learned with my dog, the shelter dogs I work with and dog that I sit & walk.

By Giovanna V F

Feb 24, 2017

I had a wonderful time during this course. I think everyone that likes dogs and animals in general will also enjoy this course. I learned a lot and I really recommend both the course and the book (The Genius of Dogs)!

By Agnesa R

Aug 29, 2015

This course was a minimal time commitment, simple, and very interesting for the lay person and scientist alike. It's fantastic to see an open online course offered on a subject that has exploded in the last few years!

By Henry D

Aug 26, 2017

Excellent course, and the instructor does a great job in making the science of dog emotions and cognition understandable to the average citizen scientist. Thank you for providing this course to dog lovers everywhere.

By Jose A

Jul 21, 2018

Un curso de mucho valor para entender a los animales con los que más convivimos, al ir avanzando te das cuenta que no sólo aprendes sobre perros desde un enfoque cognitivo sino que aprendes sobre tu misma especie.

By Eva R g

Jul 30, 2019

muchísimas gracias por dejarme participar de este aprendizaje del que ten poco sabemos y abrirme las puertas al mundo Dognitión, hay para mi un antes y un despues del curso en la forma en la que veo a mis perros.

By Veronica D

Nov 27, 2016

I highly recommend this course if you own or want to own a dog. The research on animal interaction with humans is very interesting and helpful. Dr. Hare's experiences with his own dogs led to fascinating studies!

By Alicia V T B

Aug 26, 2017

Que me fascinó este curso sobre la manera de cómo vemos la naturaleza animal y bueno aprendí mucho con respecto a las cualidades y emociones de los perros ya que me encanta conocer mucho la vida de los animales

By David S R P

May 10, 2017

a great introduction to cognition topics in both humans and animals, you gonna learn interesting topics about cogniton and evolution, Dr. Hare its a great lecturer and every video lesson is fun and enjoyable!!!

By Kevin A M

May 9, 2020

Me gusto el curso! Aprendí mucho sobre el origen de los perros y su evolución en la relación con nosotros. Cuando vea a mi perro, tendré en mente miles de años de evolución para convertirse en mi mejor amigo.

By Tamara B

Mar 31, 2020

Great course for learning about Dog behavior. Humane and natural observations only.

I would encourage the instructors to create another online class exploring more on Dog behaviors.

Tamara Bragg

Animal Advocate

By Kasi K

Nov 3, 2015

Awesome course, easy to understand, and far more informative about various species than the title would lead you to believe (although it is, obviously, based and centered around dog cognition and emotion).

By Andrew P

Nov 6, 2020

This course was so informative and engaging I really enjoyed Brian's presentation!!!! I feel like this would be a great foundational course for a Dog Training Specialization or professional certificate.

By Sonia C d M

Feb 20, 2018

If you think that you know your dog try this MOOC and get surprised. The course is interesting in many ways: not only the things that you can learn but the system and additional activities are amazing.

By Markéta K

Oct 18, 2015

Catchy course suitable even for non-professional dog/animal lovers. I enjoyed it and I hope I'll have a chance to apply newly acquired knowledge to my training in the future. Thank you for the project!

By Linda T

Aug 4, 2019

By Ursula L

Feb 25, 2019

What a great course to get to know Dog Emotions and Cognition! While learning a lot about dog's behavior and interacting with us humans, I have also learned about evolution in both animals and humans.

By Diana A

Dec 24, 2017

lovely course for those who are dog lovers and who care about their wel-fare.

This course gives enrichement information about how people can understand dogs and their minds and how dogs see the world.

By Nikole H

Nov 14, 2017

An excellent introduction to the world of dog cognition. Anyone who is interested in working with dogs, or just learning more about their new adopted family member should definitely take this course.

By Rithvik.R

By Zeke D R

Dec 15, 2017

Really enjoyed this course! Was my first university course for about 2 years. I have PTSD, amnesia, social anxiety, and depression. Shout out to this school having an awesome course available.

By What t H W

Sep 24, 2017

Muy interesante, un curso lleno de teorías y explicaciones en torno al concepto de cognición, un concepto complejo. Recomendado para aquellos que les interesa el tema de la mente humana y canina.

By Megan C

Oct 7, 2020

I found this course very interesting. As a dog trainer steeped in Behaviorism and Classical Conditioning, it was nice to get a different perspective, and this course was a fun way to do that.