Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

DE
Dec 13, 2020

I learned valuable information about dogs. I can better understand the thought processes of my own dogs. I really like that the lecture slides were provided after the lectures, so I could review them.

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

226 - 250 of 1,143 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Andrew P

Nov 6, 2020

This course was so informative and engaging I really enjoyed Brian's presentation!!!! I feel like this would be a great foundational course for a Dog Training Specialization or professional certificate.

By Sonia C d M

Feb 20, 2018

If you think that you know your dog try this MOOC and get surprised. The course is interesting in many ways: not only the things that you can learn but the system and additional activities are amazing.

By Markéta K

Oct 18, 2015

Catchy course suitable even for non-professional dog/animal lovers. I enjoyed it and I hope I'll have a chance to apply newly acquired knowledge to my training in the future. Thank you for the project!

By Delaila E

Dec 14, 2020

By Linda T

Aug 4, 2019

By Ursula L

Feb 25, 2019

What a great course to get to know Dog Emotions and Cognition! While learning a lot about dog's behavior and interacting with us humans, I have also learned about evolution in both animals and humans.

By Diana A

Dec 24, 2017

lovely course for those who are dog lovers and who care about their wel-fare.

This course gives enrichement information about how people can understand dogs and their minds and how dogs see the world.

By Nikole H

Nov 14, 2017

An excellent introduction to the world of dog cognition. Anyone who is interested in working with dogs, or just learning more about their new adopted family member should definitely take this course.

By Rithvik.R

This course was very informative and interesting. Even people without dogs as pets and having an interest towards pets can take up this course. By doing so, we get to understand ourselves better.

By Zeke D R

Dec 15, 2017

Really enjoyed this course! Was my first university course for about 2 years. I have PTSD, amnesia, social anxiety, and depression. Shout out to this school having an awesome course available.

By Bárbara

Sep 24, 2017

Muy interesante, un curso lleno de teorías y explicaciones en torno al concepto de cognición, un concepto complejo. Recomendado para aquellos que les interesa el tema de la mente humana y canina.

By Aikaterini P

Dec 14, 2020

This course is insightfu even for someone that has never read about spieces evolution.The videos werevery helpfull.It's a great course for professionals or amateurs of these science.

Than you!

By Megan C

Oct 7, 2020

I found this course very interesting. As a dog trainer steeped in Behaviorism and Classical Conditioning, it was nice to get a different perspective, and this course was a fun way to do that.

By Marta K

Dec 13, 2020

It was a really great introduction into dog cognition. I've learned some interesting things. This course definitely motivated me to try to learn even more about dog's psychology and behavior.

By Victor B

Aug 29, 2019

WOW...what a surprise this course offered in regards to what cognition is, what it means, and the impact it can have on our understanding how dogs learn and evolve with themselves and humans.

By Maria L C

Sep 23, 2018

Absolutely brilliant!!! I am a veterinarian and very into dogs so no surprised I liked it, but I think this could be just the course for anyone that has a dog or is thinking of getting one.

By Ellen E

Jun 21, 2018

This was a great introductory course for dog evolution and cognition. I hope there will someday be a part two to this - presenting more insights into dog cognition as more research is done.

By Olivia R

Jul 1, 2016

This course was engaging and informative. Dr. Hare picked a great line of work, as he kind of reminds me of a friendly puppy himself. I look forward to more research from these experiments!

By Joy S

May 21, 2016

Excellent. Maybe my favorite course on Coursera ever. Full of useful, compelling, new information. Instructor super friendly and a great communicator. Obviously he learned from his dog.

By Bianca B

Dec 5, 2020

Excellent course, highly recommended for anyone wanting to learn more about cognition. As a trainer, I found it quite interesting and will take a lot of new concepts with me going forward!

By Hazard G W

Jan 1, 2016

Thought provoking. Different cultural attitudes toward dogs a little unsettling - given number of bites and attacks, resources devoted to dogs rather than to humans, is a serious question.

By Kimberly E

Oct 14, 2015

Interesting insights about how dogs think and what we perceive through their behavior. Taken purely for personal enrichment. Wish I'd had more time available to work with the lab material.

By Sandra C

Aug 14, 2015

I loved the course. Please, could you pland other courses about dogs, cognition, emotion, trainning....?

I think the profesor is very good. Plese, could you organized more courses with him?

By Adjery d M U C

Sep 30, 2020

An excellent course, especially for those of us who love dogs or are already professionals in the veterinary area, it is really easy and entertaining. Thank you very much from Costa Rica!

By Tonathiu D L C M

Mar 12, 2018

Muy buen curso, interesantisimo y facil de seguir, continuen así y faciliten la adquisión de material si es que lo van a vender para que no recurramos a otras fuentas a obtenerlo. Gracias