Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

26 - 50 of 7,045 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Steven A

Jun 25, 2019

Very well narrated

By Ali A T

Feb 18, 2019

I had really good time doing this course. This was the first time i was doing any online course and i found this course very interesting and easy to work with. The animation and videos were very helpful.

By Théophile F

Jun 16, 2019

Great course, but only for those that Don't have any skills and experience with Excel, it might be a little to easy for those who have already worked with it.

By KALVADE A M

Mar 08, 2020

Fantastic Explanation. Trust me if we want to learn Excel, go for this course powered by Macquarie University.

By Claire C

Jun 04, 2020

There are a lot of gaps between what is instructed in the videos and what is asked in the tests

By Nguyen N T G

Aug 05, 2020

I am familiar with using Excel, however, I want to take the Specialization module, and I have to finish this Essentials course first. So this is a review from an intermediate Excel user.

1) After taking the course, I actually know more tips to use Excel faster.

2) The lecture videos are very informative and easy to follow. I always put a 1.75x speed on :) (Not sure whether the lecturer was too slow or I were too fast). And they also have subtitles. If English is not your native language, or your listening skill is not advanced, you can watch the subtitles while following the lectures.

3) This course is easy to me. Once again, it only delivers the basics, and for beginners.

4) The course provides you with all the materials needed, and a summary of short-cuts and lectures in a week.

5) I can finish this course in 2 days.

So I hope that it could be more challenging. To sum up, it is a nice experience :)

By Shelly-Ann J

Feb 05, 2019

For the most part I am self-taught Excel user. I was formally trained to use SPSS and ArcGIS while in university, but not Excel. I began using Excel for ease of use purposes, especially when sharing output with persons who did not have SPSS or ArcGIS. Excel eventually became the primary program I use and at work I am considered one of the more advanced users. However, I was very much aware there were gaps in my knowledge. This course has effectively gone about answering that. It is an ideal course for the self taught heavy Excel user. I highly recommend doing the course. The material is easy to understand, an easy read and the tests are good practice,

By Smiljana S

Mar 14, 2018

I am very happy with the quality of the course.

The lecturers were very friendly, easy to understand, and got their points across about different Excel related things very clearly.

The subjects covered were very well suited for the beginner level, and the practice challenges and assessments just enough challenging to not allow the learners become complacent.

I found the course very useful although I had some basic knowledge of Excel before because I had a lot of holes in what I previously learned, and therefore my previous knowledge was incomplete and not well structured.

I will definitely be taking the intermediate course as well!

Thank you very much!

By Kinga S

May 22, 2020

As a Mac user on Excel 2019, I found this course to be exceptionally well taught as well as relevant to the newer excel version (and of course mac). The instructors are easy to listen to and lessons are broken down into small chunks. The on-screen keyboard tips specific to Mac helped a lot, though there will be times when you need to look up alternatives e.g. my mac doesn't have function keys 1-12 so I needed to use different shortcuts. I would highly recommend this course for someone completely new to excel.

By Muhammad H K

Jun 06, 2020

I was very eager to learn from this course as I knew the benefits it would bring for me in the long run. The course material has been summed up in such an exquisite way that there's no need to worry about anything. The course instructors were very knowledgable about the course. I would recommend everyone to take this course as Excel is an important tool that is useful in our career. And one most important thing that I have learned is that "Practice makes Permanent"

By Danny d A C P

Nov 16, 2019

I am mostly a self-taught Excel user, but after completing this course I can say that I was able to bring out a lot of useful tips and importante knowledge (like the fill handle thingy!). The teachers also motivate you through challenges and ninja tips to help you learn Excel through practice ("because practice makes permanente"). This is the first of the four courses I've completed, and I am already starting the second course.

By Ms G J B

Jun 23, 2019

The course was excellent. I came into it with an embarrassingly low level of ability and now I'm comfortable and quick producing useful and attractive spreadsheets for work. I'm dyslexic and yet I found the layout of the course very easy to follow and understand. My favourite thing was being able to save useful parts of the video's throughout the course, then review just those points before taking the exam. Thanks!

By Maëlanne B

Jun 28, 2019

Great first course, thanks a lot for such a great preparation work ! It's interactive, clear, user-friendly and fun. I have learnt a lot, even though I am not a beginner with Excel. I'm looking forward to following the 3 other courses.

By Olakunle K A

Feb 18, 2020

Whaoh!!! This course was worth every penny. Easy to understand videos. Excellent coordinators. Great challenges and assessments to reinforce what was learnt in the video. Thank you, Macquarie University. Thank you, Coursera.

By Subramanian V

Jul 06, 2020

This course was really interesting in the way it was delivered along with practices, and the tips and tricks are very knowledgeable and helpful. I would definitely refer my colleagues to this course.

By Scott M D

Jun 28, 2018

It was very thorough and educational and it was a great course for helping me to become familiar with excel and a great platform for building confidence using excel with large data spreadsheets.

By Efren M

Jun 28, 2019

It is hard to think that there is a better teacher that Dr. Breyer, she is a natural born teacher and I am impressed by her loving and articulate style of instruction. She is also very cute :)

By Ferdally J

Jan 05, 2018

Excellent Cours for beginners!

The videos are well explained and the the Practice Challenge really puts theory into practice. I'm really surprised everything I accomplished in only 6 weeks :D

By Ganesh S H

Jun 22, 2019

Very well structured course. Straight to the point tutorials. The challenges given at the end of each week reinforce the concepts learnt through the week! In a nutshell, it's simply amazing!

By Praveen D

Mar 09, 2020

It was great for new learners.since i knew all this ,so it was just a practice session for me. I have done my revision ,looking forward for the next.

By Jacinta B

Jun 24, 2019

This course is fun and very informative with some details that I didn't know about! I am glad that I took this course. I am now into Course 2!

By Rinki t

May 22, 2020

This course is very helpful for me and very easy to understand and we can easily and quickly learn excel skills from this course.

By HUSSAIN H

Jul 31, 2020

i had learned soo many useful functions which are helpful in business operations. Thank you all the tutors and coursera

By Md. J A

May 22, 2020

This course is really awesome for the beginner to improve his/her Excel skill

By Nishant K S

Jun 27, 2019

I loved this course. It was easy and fun. It covered the basics of Excel.