Back to Cameras, Exposure, and Photography

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cameras, Exposure, and Photography by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course One of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! In these first 4 Modules you will gain the knowledge and the confidence that will help you make good choices as you consider qualities of the camera you own, and the qualities of the other types of digital cameras you might be considering. You will learn about the basic functions that most digital cameras have in common. You will also go beyond the "technical" matters and learn about how you can make exciting pictures by emphasizing the aspects of Frame and Vantage Point to interpret old subjects in new ways. Discovering accessories that photographers find useful, and the types of camera bags from mini to carry-on sized, is also in store for you. You will also make your first photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, upload pictures to the web gallery and start interacting with your fellow learners in our "Gallery." Let's get started with Module One!...

RP

Jun 01, 2020

It's a very good course for beginners and I got to learn a lot and improve my photography in every way possible! I recommend it to everyone who's interested in Photography and want to do more with it.

R

Dec 23, 2017

This course was very informative and provided just the right amount of challenge for me to stretch my creativity and newly obtained knowledge. I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the next course.

351 - 375 of 1,098 Reviews for Cameras, Exposure, and Photography

By Amy E

Jan 16, 2019

I am transitioning from my iphone camera to a mirrorless dslr, and this course had been very helpful for me.

By Dehivi G C

Jul 10, 2020

Me gusto mucho el curso, facil de entender y muy completo.

I love this course, easy to understand and follow

By Patrick t H

Jun 30, 2020

Muy buenas explicaciones de los temas tratados en este curso. Y me gustó el modo de hacer y revisar tareas.

By Cláudia S N

Mar 30, 2020

It really helped me to have some notions about photography and to get started in this journey of knowledge.

By Monica L H

Sep 19, 2017

I loved this course as an introduction to modern photography and I found the peer review process y helpful!

By MANUEL M M

Sep 01, 2020

Un muy buen curso. Me gustó mucho por la simplicidad de las explicaciones y lo completo de los contenidos.

By Aleem A

Apr 12, 2016

Learnt some very basic info about my DSLR other than the basics, but nether the less its nice to know what

By Maria E P

Jan 25, 2019

I love hoe you can learn in your time and how you have access whenever you want, and where ever you are!

By Yogeshkumar s

Sep 15, 2020

Thank you, had a wonderful experience learning this course with great expertise team and their

teaching .

By Binoy v

Jul 30, 2020

Thank you” to the Professor who provided us all with support, guidance and precious photography lessons.

By ezzadnauruzi

Jan 03, 2020

thanks i love this course ,i have a suggestion please explain some lesson with more illustration thanks

By DreAnn C

May 14, 2018

I really enjoyed this course!! In just the first course you have transformed my camera and how I use it.

By Jetromus J S B

Jun 25, 2016

This course is awesome. Thank you for being so helpful! I learned a lot and the professors are so great!

By Nazim H

Oct 11, 2020

it was an amazing experience. Thanks a lot for the opportunity you people give us .. thank you so mjuch

By Andreja Z

Aug 17, 2020

The professors are amazing and the information provided is core to any photographer. Highly recommend!

By V�ctor C S V

Aug 01, 2020

Exelente muy completo este curso de fotografias, gracias a los dos profesores, Glendinning y Sullivan

By Marcy W

Apr 30, 2018

Sometimes find it difficult to be judged by others, I wish that the professors would grade the photos.

By Rup K B

Apr 09, 2017

This course a must have package for those who want to produce magic out of their camera or smartphone.

By Abhikeshwar A K

Jul 06, 2020

Great course especially for beginners. But just attending the course isnt enough. Practice is a must.

By rami h a

Jun 12, 2017

It is a super course , provide all basics in details to understand the camera and photography world.

By Elisha D

Oct 05, 2020

Definitely will enroll in the next course. Thank you very much for the very knowledgeable lecturers!

By Gustavo P V

Jul 05, 2020

The content is really useful and instructive for learners like me who aren't experts on photography.

By SHAH S K

Apr 15, 2020

I really loved the course material and both the teachers. Both the teachers were really experienced.

By Christina S

Feb 16, 2018

Great course, easy to follow material. Definitely happy with my experience and can’t wait for more!

By Luiz G G

Nov 30, 2017

An amazing course, I couldn't imagine an introductory course to be so full of details and nice tips