Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

301 - 325 of 524 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By Nancy S

Mar 19, 2018

Great overview; I feel much better versed and prepped for financial discussions at work.

By Kyle W

Jul 03, 2017

Great course!

By Sushree A B

Nov 01, 2018

I really enjoyed the course a lot as it provided me a lot of basic ideas on Finance

By Aurobindo K B

Nov 01, 2018

I got immense knowledge on doing this course and I got my thinking ability to a moderate level,But I would suggest the instructor to add some mathematical problems in this course so as for the beneficial of the students or whoever taking this course.....

By Carly N

Jul 12, 2018

Instructor was good. Great explanation of a confusing subject matter for me. I felt like I understood a bit more about finance after this course.

By Braja S

Jul 10, 2018

Very informative and clear introduction

By Tasanee T

Jul 10, 2018

The instructor gave clear examples to understand.

By Justin L

May 06, 2019

good teacher good intro to the finance world

By Moustaph D

Apr 27, 2019

Excellent course I enjoyed it.

By Adebanji O

Mar 23, 2019

I enjoyed the course. Thank you

By ChuYuehChia

Mar 24, 2019

I finally know how balance sheet, and other metrics, ratios play roles in accounting and financial area. The way of professor's teaching is interesting and easy to understand although I still had a difficult time in Week 4 lessons...Generally speaking, it was great and indeed design for non-financial professionals!

By Dr C S R

Mar 26, 2019

power of financier transfer to non-financial person

By JAGDISH K B

Jul 01, 2019

I am really glad I took this course. I have understood the fundamentals of Finance and evaluation of a company's financial metrics. It is an excellent well designed course with quiz which tests and aids in learning, and the tutorials by professor David Standen are superb!

By André R d G

Jul 10, 2019

Videos well done. The clear concepts introduction.

By Ibrahim A A S

Jul 12, 2019

perfect

By JuanPablo G A

Jul 16, 2019

I like the course the information y clear, and easy to understand

By Sumant D

Jul 26, 2019

A very interesting and knowledgeable course for all the Professional who are not having any finance background

By Milind M

Jul 27, 2019

It was quick and easy to understand certain financial calculations and its market considerations to understand company performance/worth. It would have been good to know more about actual calculations for NPV and IRR. Conceptually content is there but practical implementation confidence did not gained from this material

By Sibongile Z

Sep 09, 2019

I enjoyed this course and gained valuable information. David Standen is very good at making concepts easy to understand, especially for non-financial people like myself. Thank you

By Hanzel J B D

Sep 10, 2019

website is flawed. cant mark completion.

edit: ok now

Sep 13, 2019

Very Helpful and pretty simple

By David H

Oct 23, 2019

Great review of material related to basics of finance. Highly recommend. Very well presented.