Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC
Dec 14, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM
Feb 21, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

201 - 225 of 779 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By ridox

Jan 7, 2016

Give you a general conception of finance and help to understand some simple accounting.

By Edita G

Oct 18, 2020

Clear presentation of several chosen financial topics. Could cover more topics though.

By Md J A

Jul 31, 2020

it a great course and very easy to understand for the non-finance professional like me

By Christian J O L

Jul 29, 2020

Excelente Curso, me encanto! Les agradezco mucho por su aporte a la educación mundial.

By kadiatou k

Aug 30, 2020

Instructor David Standen was very thorough and easy to follow. I enjoyed this course.

By M . S

Iam non finance student .I know about very the basics of finance thank you coursera.

By Francisco P

Mar 25, 2017

Muy útil y fácil de entender aún cuando no se tiene un mucho antecedente de finanzas

By Ian G

Dec 5, 2016

Really useful course; it gave me a great insight into finance as a non-professional!

By Hanna R Z

Jun 21, 2016

I actually understood the lessons. And I suck at Math. :D Thank you, Prof. David. :)

By Josefine R

Mar 9, 2016

Very easy to follow, as he gives easy-to-understand real life examples! Really good!

By Marites O M

Jul 18, 2020

Very nice course I learned a lot. Thanks Coursera and thanks also to my Instructor.

By Sushree A B

Nov 1, 2018

I really enjoyed the course a lot as it provided me a lot of basic ideas on Finance

By Ruvimbo N

Feb 12, 2018

very much comprehensive and informative. l now have a full understanding of finance

By Abhishek M

Dec 15, 2015

This is an excellent course for everyone who wants to basic financial understanding

By Miguel F

Jul 31, 2020

Very good course, great material, examples, all complemented by a great instructor

By Delzeen K M

Jun 24, 2020

The course content is brief and sufficient for the basic understanding of Finance.

By Tejas S

Jun 8, 2020

Best cpurse for understading finance for non-financial professionals

Best faculty

By Carlos C

Apr 30, 2018

It’s a very clear introduction to finance course. More exercises would be welcome.

By Ishan M

May 24, 2017

Brilliant course . Really helpful for beginners . Thank you so much to professor .

By Lovejoy D

Mar 17, 2016

the best course l ever saw........thanks to the university and the lecturers [[[[[

By Mohamed S B A

Oct 5, 2015

Very simple way to learn finance, I strongly recommend this course. The instructor

By Ahmed S A

Sep 22, 2015

Great introduction into the world of finance, highly recommended & very enjoyable!

By Jose C O

Aug 24, 2015

Great course, clear explanations, I gained some insight about the financial world.

By Christina T

Aug 22, 2018

Great teacher. I feel I have a better understanding after completing this course.

By Angel A M

Jan 30, 2016

Very good , easy to understand .

I have learnt a lot of concepts very important .