Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

AE

Jun 22, 2018

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

2801 - 2825 of 2,840 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Linda W

Feb 13, 2016

Too simplistic if you already have some knowledge about a healthy lifestyle

By HM

Feb 24, 2016

This is less of a university level course and more of a long infomercial for Michael Pollen books with a cooking show at the end.

There is no interviews with nutritionists or scientists. In fact, there really isn't much here in the way of science at all.

The cooking videos are fun with some good recipes.

By José V d C

Oct 23, 2016

Very basic knowledge

By Susana C M

May 09, 2017

Weak courses, information very obvious. You don´t even need to watch the videos to pass the assignments. Maybe American lifestyle is not so healthy, but I thought it was a waste of time and money. It is indeed just an introduction. I wouldn't recommend it

By Aya A E

Jan 21, 2018

A very general information is given. I was expecting to have more information on how to divide my protein in take or carbs throughout everyday meals.

By Frederique

Jan 19, 2016

Very basic content. I am not sure that there was anything new for me in this course. I am born in France and I guess we learn this from our families.

By Cecile H

Jul 22, 2016

I'd learned more since I check Harvard Health Blog so often.

By Martina M

Apr 06, 2018

The food part I think is unnecessary

By Laura E

Jun 26, 2016

This is ok if you know absolutely nothing about nutrition. Otherwise, it's basically information I'd expect to be relayed to kindergarteners.

By Anna J

Jun 20, 2017

I live in the Czech republic (central Europe) and I didn't learn anything new about nutrition in this course. I know it all, from my mother and my grandmother and, well, we all know it should by like this, not saying it IS like this :-) but for me this course was very interesting as a "sociological research". Are there really people who don't know that home cooking is healthier than highly processed fast food? Are there people who don't know how important vegetable is? Very often I was just thinking "are you kidding me or is this the real life in the US?"

By Deniz Ö

Mar 27, 2017

It is a kind of introduction course as it was mentioned on course info, however it is very basic.

If there would be follow up courses about the same topic it is a good start, otherwise that is not a learning based lecture.

Thank you for your understanding.

Deniz Ozalp

By GBT

Apr 18, 2017

Did not go into enough detail, reiterated home cooking and spoil rate but did not get into specifics. Perhaps another class on what foods do what in your body would be beneficial.

By Irene S

Aug 25, 2017

Very well made, but waaaaay too easy, not enough information and more of a first session at your nutritionist without the personalised information - for someone who has never ever showed an interest in nutrition before. Especially the choice as Michael Pollan as the only "expert" invited by the main host to join is very questionable. I would have liked to have more detailed information and real experts of nutrition and not writing.

By Mohamed A

Jan 29, 2018

In my opinion this course not help me as a doctor to know about diet,calories,regems,the calories of each ingredient i find this information is simple and every one can recognize it i want more medical information that help me to work in nourishment

By Lisa v V

Feb 21, 2017

Useful information about nutrition, I would've loved to learn more about that. The part about home-cooking and how to reduce the health risks when cutting an onion where too superficial and unnecessary for me.

By juliana F

Oct 30, 2017

very basic, I was expecting a more in depth approach.

By Giacomo M

Jul 06, 2018

Probably my delusion has been caused by different kind of expectation: nothing about this course is "wrong" I just found it excessively simple and basic, perhaps directed to a public that never took a knife and cut some vegetables before. I was hoping in some more technical information, and nutritional biology.. it looked more like a well made commercial for a healthy life stile.

By Nadine E

Aug 07, 2016

This is a very basic course on food and nutrition. I would consider the majority of the content to be common sense. I would not recommend it if you already have an interest or general knowledge of nu

By Vanya D

Aug 02, 2019

Very high level, basic information. Probably useful to someone that has no idea about nutrition.

By Elena

Aug 04, 2019

Created by Captain Obvious

By Timo S

Jun 05, 2019

Too Basic for me. No deeper Informations and a little bit too american focused.

By Yashasvi g

Sep 11, 2019

I knew almost everything this course taught. Was expecting to get more detailed information.

By Elvira V

Sep 23, 2019

Общеизвестная информация, мало нового

By Dyakova N

Jun 24, 2018

Курс оказался очень низким по уровню предоставленных знаний. В стране, где я живу, у каждого есть кухня и никого не нужно учить готовить элементарную еду. Что вредно есть транс-жиры и так давно всем понятно. Ничего полезного я для себя не извлекла.

By María F P

Jan 06, 2017

I was expecting much more from a Stanford or Coursera course. Lack of scientific evidence .Processed foods have become an easy villain among many people and the idea that processed foods are dangerous to our health and the responsible for all our problems is a mistake. Very disappointing.